- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Albion – Wild HorsesMorning all One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses. The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my […]
- Big Stopper – Llanddwyn IslandHi all nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see […]
- Llanddwyn IslandJust a quick piccy for some friends and one whose birthday it is today. Cheers fellas
- Barclodiad Y Gawres – ArmageddonFEEL FREE TO SHARE Morning all and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk. Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet […]
- Back Down To Earth – On With The Day JobA very happy Friday all, After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work […]
- Church In The Sea – Big Shoot TomorrowQuick update and shot tonight……. Just got back from a great 2 week hols come shoot /work on Anglesey and I’m back there tomorrow for a shoot with Rock Band Ten, really excited as I have followed them for many years….real pleasure day for me, saying that its taken all yesterday and up to […]
- Stormfront ApproachingA very foreboding sky at Glencoe, Scotland, a few mins later the heavens opened and that was shot over time, fortunately the motor-home was 10m behind me and I just strolled back for safety. Will be heading to Wales Sunday for some serious catching up with my sea and landscape shooting, a few workshops to […]
- Competition TimePlease share among your friends and family for a chance to win this print, winner will be drawn at random by Thunder the Husky Yes thats right Thunder the Husky is the official Adrian Ashworth competition assistant, this way we are truly impartial unless someone gets to him with puppy bone treats, his fave! Todays […]
- Bamburgh Summer MorningA wonderful morning to you all, thought I’d brighten your day up with this colourful shot from Bamburgh Castle, love the mixture of colours. Today will see me at the Hilton Leeds for my portfolio review for my FBIPP then onto do a Canal shoot in Leeds City centre, hope we get a little but […]
- Cannon Hall ParkHappy Monday all here’s a piccy from a recent walk round Cannon Hall at Cawthorne Barnsley, a very pretty place complete with stately home, garden centre and cafe, there’s even a farm shop selling local produce of a very high quality and a farm for the kids to visit, generally a good day out […]
- Albion – Wild Horses
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Just had a great weekend away at Clumber Park in the caravan, weather didn’t play too fair but we still had a fantastic walk or two, Stormy loved it, in and out of the forrest muddy up to the top of her legs, she didn’t enjoy the hose pipe wash she got back at the campsite, bless her. I always feel guilty bringing her home as she never gets 4 hour walks like that here, saying that we are starting with the photography training business this week and she’s coming with me to do the photo work and area check of Mam Tor tomorrow so she’ll like that.
cant help but love that face, can you?
Well Blog 5 is up on The Peak District Online Site, must say I am very pleased with these shots, they do look great together, hope you like them too and let me know what you think of the article,
Full article HERE
Just how lucky are some people, this shot is of Rhoscolyn, Anglesey, to my back is White Arch (Bwa Gwyn) and Black Arch (Bwa Du), this house looks out to see and has the most spectacular of views, the weather was terrible this day with heavy rain and sludgy ground, not the best to be balancing off the end of a cliff !!, also the road to it is single track with swamp land either side for about a mile, not one for walking home after a night out for sure. Its on my list to do again this year when we head back that way for my next magazine article. There is a beautiful 5 mile walk along to coast that we intend to do now Stormy is a little more grown up and able…
hope you like it
Shot taken standing on Carl Wark, iron age hill fortress in The Peaks, love the way the snow clings to the stones as heavy storm clouds loom in from the distant Peaks
New blog going up later for Peak District Online, will post here as well
A big thank you to Rachel from Bristol, she is the 1st to buy from my new e-commerce site, and she picked one of my favourites, Over Owler Millstone In The Peaks, a very wintry shot freezing cold and in the distance you can see the snow falling as the sun shines through the clouds. Many Thanks
Final part of the Turners sky series, thought it best to stop on 3 for a change instead of my usual 4….OCD kicking in maybe!
my favourite of the 3 as the sun was just about up casting its amber glow and a hint of a sunburst trying to break through the mist, crisp snow still clings to the rocks, think its gone now, will check later.
got some more good news, check back later will let you know then…..ooohhhh
Morning all, a brief update on whats happening at the moment, the website is now finished and accepting online sales through Pay pal, all shots are available in different sizes, if you need a special size please email me and I’ll be able to arrange for you. All current sizes on the web will be signed and dedications are available, again let me know what you would like.
Todays shot is part 2 of Fire and Ice – Turners Sky up on Curbar Edge in the snow with the hazy warmth of the sunrise breaking through.
Started making the image in the post larger, what do you think, will this work better?
Winter is still with us and as this shot shows we get some dramatic skies at sunrise in The Peaks, even though it was burning through I was freezing cold and stood in a foot of snow, A big mug of Bovril sorted it out.
Thank god for Bovril…..
I’m not sponsoring Bovril before you say anything!, I just like Bovril, did I say it warms you right through especially with pepper in it, 2 shakes of course.
Have a great weekend all, and don’t forget the Bovril
Full size HERE Gallery Peak District Landscpaes
Be sure and check out my new video to music HERE comments on You Tube greatly appreciated
One to accompany yesterdays shot, same shoot up on Higger Tor in The Peaks, freezing cold with a mist inversion cloaking the valley and trees below while the sun tried its best to burn through.
see full size version HERE under Gallery Peak District Landscapes
please take a look at my video to accompany The Peaks 2011 HERE
Sunrise and Rocks……One from Higger Tor in The Peak district, beautiful misty sunrise and detailed foreground, was freezing cold too, shot with a full square .6ND and .9 soft ND grad filter. Had to keep wiping the freezing mist off, hell of cleanup job as the lens gives out a little heat and mists up straight away.
To view full size click HERE and view in Galleries Peak District Landscapes