- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Competition TimePlease share among your friends and family for a chance to win this print, winner will be drawn at random by Thunder the Husky Yes thats right Thunder the Husky is the official Adrian Ashworth competition assistant, this way we are truly impartial unless someone gets to him with puppy bone treats, his fave! Todays […]
- Bamburgh Summer MorningA wonderful morning to you all, thought I’d brighten your day up with this colourful shot from Bamburgh Castle, love the mixture of colours. Today will see me at the Hilton Leeds for my portfolio review for my FBIPP then onto do a Canal shoot in Leeds City centre, hope we get a little but […]
- Cannon Hall ParkHappy Monday all here’s a piccy from a recent walk round Cannon Hall at Cawthorne Barnsley, a very pretty place complete with stately home, garden centre and cafe, there’s even a farm shop selling local produce of a very high quality and a farm for the kids to visit, generally a good day out […]
- Up Above The Streets And HousesWell I couldn’t resist with the title, think we all remember Rainbow don’t we? This is another of my shots for my FBIPP qualification folio panel next week. Yes I know you’re wondering why the sky is lighter inside the rainbow and darker on the outside, here’s the tech “The lighter sky under a […]
- Castlerigg ViewHi All and happy Friday…….see it came round quick enough Just a quick update and upload today as I’m busily getting the house ready for a view, fingers x’d we have some lovely people coming over the weekend to see if our house meets their needs and more importantly expectations, hate doing stuff like […]
- Old Man ViewAppreciate it if you would share with your friends on Face Book Morning all, nearly the weekend phew!! This shot isn’t on the website for sale but if you contact me I’ll be able to sort especially for you, it is one for my book sponsored by Go Outdoors and also my FBIPP qualification so […]
- Fellow of the British Institute of Professional PhotographyMorning all, long day yesterday getting images ready for my Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photography pre assessment on the 19th August, I’ve set aside 3 days to choose 40-50 images that will compile a broad spectrum of my genre and capabilities, I’ll be going for landscape and Commercial FBIPP. The BIPP as […]
- The Kelpies – FalkirkPlease Like And Share On Face Book With All Your Friends. Finally got round to processing the images from Falkirk. It was a rainy day when we arrived at Helix Park but pretty much as soon as we parked up (FREE) the sun came through and didn’t disappoint, entrance again is FREE and helpful staff […]
- The Old RoperyA wonderful Monday to you all, the sun is shining here in Yorkshire. My day has just been made all the better after having an enormous compliment from a friend , really made my day and I’m sure you will be wonderful at what ever you decide is a new career for you. Made me […]
- A Room With A ViewPLEASE LIKE AND SHARE WITH YOUR FACE BOOK FRIENDS The Old Ropery at Sandend – Aberdeenshire Afternoon all, is it warm enough for you? fantastic for us, not so for our little furry friends, having 4 huskies at times can be a little difficult especially when you have to have to air con units […]
- Competition Time
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Well the rain has returned but I must say I do enjoy it and Stormy even more so, nice refreshing air and the garden will be loving it.
This shot is from Llyn Stwlan Damn looking down the hairpins towards Ffestiniog Power Station, absolutely stunning view so I whipped out my crystal and gave it some added interest to the foreground, lovely walk up from the little car park at the base approx 2 miles, not so much fun carrying all my gear in the heat but the views were so well worth it.
Back to Anglesey for the weekend camping with friends and I’m doing the photography for Rhosneigr Jubilee committee, so much going off down there, it will be a great time, hope the weather just stays cloudy and not too much rain please.
Monday! and what a wonderful weekend we had, hope yours was great too. We had a brilliant walk up on Langsett Moor yesterday with friends, managed a respectable 8 miles in the barmy heat of 23+ degrees. Stormy was flagging a little towards the end, luckily we carried an extra 2ltrs of water for her which she drank with gusto!. She slept all afternoon and evening, bless her.
Today’s shot is another from the shoot I did a week or so ago on Anglesey, the sunburst was all too brief and I only managed a few shots before the storm clouds shrouded the sun and night took over.
Busy week this week, shots to get ready for new friends and I’m very proud to say I am the official photographer for Rhosneigr’s Jubilee celebrations this coming weekend, beach parties, beacons and a street parade, should be great.
Will try and post more later in the week.
yup it still gets snow in May in Snowdonia.
An opportunistic shot whilst driving through the range, can’t believe how people manage to live in such remote areas, little house to the bottom right and another just to the left and slightly higher. Bet they have to get loads of provisions in for the winter! God know what they do for work, unless they are mountain rangers.
Still lovely weather here today expecting 25c + so it’ll be a short walkie for Stormy at lunchtime and the big walkie late tonight, she was panting all way round this morning at 6am, poor little fur ball.
I’d like to thank Bex for buying a big version of “Distant Memories” framed, she’s going to love it and we have colour coordinated between us to make sure it goes with her living room, should look fab, thank you Bex, x
Hope you all have a fab weekend, were doing an 11 miler Sunday to get some much needed practice in ahead of our Yorkshire 3 Peak jaunt end of June, still need to drop 12 1/2ib to get to my fighting weight as it were. Ah well sticking to the diet it is then!
Afternoon all, wow it’s scorching here, thought I’d upload a cool shot….
Why Four Mile you may ask well as Wikipedia puts it.
Four Mile Bridge Welsh – Pontrhydybont / Pont-rhydbont / Pontrhypont) is the name given to a bridge and the village surrounding it in Anglesey Wales. They are so named because they are located around four miles southeast of Holyhead, the largest town on the island.
The bridge is one of only two connecting the Anglesey mainland to the smaller Holy Island. It is 120 metres long and carries the B4545 road over the Cymyran Strait.
The village itself is quite small and is split between the two islands, the larger portion being on Holy Island. It is hard to get information on the population of the village as it is split over two parishes. It is safe to say however that it must be around 500 as the largest part of the village is in the parish of Rhoscolyn which has a population of 484 and no other settlement of any real size
Anyway it was a lovely evening and we made a quick dash there as we knew the water would be calm and perfect for the shot.
loads more to follow
The title says it all really, this was one of my first shots from the storm the other night, I have had chance to de dust bunny it and check the levels, all ok now.
Canon 1DS MKIII
EF16-35mm f/2.8L USM 16mm
Gitzo GK1581OT Tripod
Singh Ray Reverse Gard
Scorchio hot here today 26c so its indoors for me and Stormy, give me the winter anyday, boring blue skies just don’t cut it for me.
Maybe get out later when it starts to cool a little.
As promised another from the storm that hit Anglesey last week, I was in two minds whether to hang around during this as it looked so menacing, I thought what the hell my kits insured and who could resist such a beautiful horizon and storm cloud formation. A few more to follow this so please check back tomorrow for updates.
Its my little best mate Stormy’s 2nd birthday today so it’s off for a big walkie in a minute and a nice frozen chicken thigh for dinner, for that it not me!
Hope you’re all enjoying this summer sunshine, what a change …wwhheeyy
Its Monday and the day is off to a gloomy start so I thought lets brighten it up with a Storm Cloud Sunburst seascape.
I very nearly didn’t bother going to the beach this night as it was raining so heavy, I thought it would never materialise into anything, in the end it was one of the most spectacular sunsets with storm clouds I have shot. I will be posting at least 10 from this shoot which is a rarity to get so many quality images out of a single shoot….. I only ever aim for one, I know it sounds daft but if you get just one salable image then the journey has been worth it.
Again as I stood there I couldn’t believe that people were in watching TV when they could witness Mother Nature at her best, I know where I would always prefer to be.
Lots on this week so I’ll post when I can.
Its Friday at last, what shocking weather we have had this week eh? heavy rain then red hot sunshine!
At least we have a weekend to look forward to and me especially as I’m heading to Anglesey to complete my calendar shoot weather permitting, failing that just a good chance to catch up with friends and stand in the sea again.
This shot was taken last summer, I had finished a shoot on the other side of the bay and was on my way back when I called at Town Beach and couldn’t believe my eyes, now you may think this has been tampered with but trust me it hasn’t, as the locals will agree it’s quite a common sunset feature at Rhosneigr. There were quite a few people there just sat in awe at this spectacle and it lasted a good 10 minutes as the sun disappeared over the horizon. Everyone left feeling good and certainly more relaxed “just what the doctor ordered” I think the saying is, each wishing the others a good night, mind you this is common place in Wales as they are far more sociable than the English.
Hope this manages to make you feel a little less stressed and ready for the weekend
Hope you all had a fab weekend and bank holiday, we had a few great walks up at Langsett and Dearne Valley, thankfully Stormy is back to normal being a little scamp but more importantly eating again, was worried for a day or two there, we think it was due to her having been in season, she did it last time a few weeks after, she’s responsive to commands too where she tended to ignore you last week.
This shot from Anglesey and utilizing my trusty crystal ball to add a side effect to the wonderful sunset, I had my reverse grad filter on which gave me this great sky colour.
Cant wait as I’ll be heading back down real soon for my next workshops, lasers at the ready
have a great week
Wednesday already, cant believe how fast the weeks are going, dare one mention Christmas..lol!!
As the name suggest this was my last sunset on my recent shoot at Rhosneigr, Anglesey. Was such a beautiful evening, warm air and a stunning sunset, slow swirling sea lapping around my knees…ahhh, I stayed long after the sun disappeared and just listened to the sea and the sound of the birds winging their way home to bed, they were probably out hunting for food for their little ones tucked safely away in a nest somewhere.
Heading back for workshops in May and June so I’m very excited, I do hope the weather plays fair and we get chance to recreate some of my favourite shots on this my second home Island.
Hoping you all have a great day