- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- A Quiet DayLadybower Reservoir – Peaks At last a quiet day, or should I speak too soon!. Throwing it down outside with gale force winds…hmmm not the best way to spend a Wednesday I guess but here in my office with the fur kids and a classic Scorpions track on ‘maybe I maybe you’ who could ask […]
- Edale MRT – An afternoon shoot with a group of unsung HEROESMorning all I was very honoured to do the new team shot of Edale Mountain Rescue at the weekend. A wonderful bunch of guys who selflessly give up their free time and in some cases work time to attend call outs in all weathers to assist people in trouble, whether they be hill walkers, climbers, […]
- Hoglets PlayingHedgehogs – Why can’t they just share! I know a very bad joke, almost as bad as me saying the picture has hoglets playing on and around the mill stone, does look a little like them do doesn’t it?. So the weekend is almost here and the snow is slowly melting, must say the […]
- Don’t Worry It’ll Soon Be SummerThought we all needed a bit of a summer image to warm us up a little. The snow is falling outside and has been all night, we have 3-4 inches so far. The fur gang are playing in the garden and absolutely loving it, we’re just waiting for it to get light enough so we […]
- Over Owler – Surprise ViewHappy Monday Morning all…….here’s a shot from the Peak District OK OK, so it’s your first day back at work since the Christmas and New Year break but let’s face it, how wonderful is this time of year with its crisp mornings and long sleepy nights, beautiful sunrises and snow capped peaks , see […]
- Elgol ViewHappy New Year everyone a massive thank you to those who have supported my move away from social media, really was getting ridiculous, I had loads of images stolen and the daily supply of upsetting images displayed by certain people and groups was very disturbing, time and a place and I’m afraid it was just […]
- UntitledHi all Just a quick update but first let me wish you all a very Happy Healthy New Year…… there, that’s that done! Now to progress into 2015 we have decided to make a few changes to the way we market and run www.adrianashworth.co.uk. Over the last few months Facebook has developed and deployed new […]
- Fairy Pools PortraitFeel Free To Share Like and Especially Comment Happy Monday morning all, it’s nearly time for Santa and I hope you’ve all been good little boys and girls, some very lucky special people will be receiving prints bought from my website this year by loved ones. I’d like to say a very special thanks you […]
- Carl Wark – A Winters WalkFell Free To Share, Like and Especially Comment Is it Tuesday already, the last 10 days seems to have blurred by so fast, it will be Christmas Day before we know it, getting so excited, family coming for dinner, my favourite part, it’s particularly important as my uncle Eric is still in hospital with Leukaemia […]
- Northumberland Boulder SunsetFeel Free To Share, Tag and I love Your Comments. A very good Thursday all, hope you are all bearing up well with the Weather Bomb! we’ve see plenty of rain over the last few days, now we’re hoping the white stuff will land by the weekend and stay till the new year (I know […]
- A Quiet Day
Category Archives: WMRT
I was very honoured to do the new team shot of Edale Mountain Rescue at the weekend. A wonderful bunch of guys who selflessly give up their free time and in some cases work time to attend call outs in all weathers to assist people in trouble, whether they be hill walkers, climbers, mountain bikers or assisting in searches for missing people, the elderly, water rescues and ferrying ambulance patients in adverse weather conditions…ALL DONE FOR FREE, at their own expense.
The shoot was near their HQ at Hope Cement works at Pindale Quarry, a popular place for 4×4 and motorbike scramblers, we had our fair share of the latter and with a little gentle coaxing they backed off a little so we could complete the shoot.
I had great assistance from Chris Philips who is now my assistant with the book and a joint venture for weddings 2016 and Wayne Haigh, long suffering mate. Both guys gave up their Sunday to help and Chris has just had a baby (Eva), gorgeous….so special thanks to him, he was cream crackered so hopefully he will have caught up with some much needed sleep in the afternoon.
It was the first proper outing for the Profoto lighting kit and I must say it didn’t disappoint, TTL with these babies was stunning, bang on every shot and when we did some rim lit individual shots it performed flawlessly, I won’t embarrass the guys by posting their pictures, worth every penny and now my main kit.
Edale MRT and all other teams are run by volunteers, I had the honour of being a team member and being with some amazing people. The teams are run solely by charitable funding and donations are always very much appreciated to keep the guys at the top of their game which in turn will help SAVE LIVES.
Please help by donating HERE
Weather conditions were reasonable in the quarry with a little light drizzle later on, big thanks go to all the team 30+ of you who managed to keep their eyes open at the same time whilst two dogs stared at me…NOT EASY believe me but we got there in the end.
God bless them all for their amazing work
The Puppy Christmas cards have hit the ground running to 16 sets sold this week, big thanks to Karen, Brian, Janet, Sarah, Debra, Sally Anne, Nichola and Kerry, again very much appreciated. SALES STILL BEEN TAKEN, email me with requirements 1 x 8 Pack £6 plus postage inc envelopes
This weekend will be spent getting the kit ready for a commercial shoot next Wednesday and then we’re off to Skye for 5 shoots in 2 days, well it’s early and I mean very early Friday morning set off and then return Sunday, fortunately I have Chris with me who is now assisting me with the book and subsequent shoots.
Today’s image , well what can I say, “Bend with the breeze”, a big lesson to learn and one I have never been good at, still not that good at it which is probably why I work for myself but certainly in some areas I believe I have vastly improved my skills at going with the flow, those lessons were learned at Mountain Rescue medical and will probably be with me all my days, my Christmas cards for Mountain Rescue are on sale HERE and are well worth the money, proceeds going to help a great cause.
Have a great weekend all
Morning all and quite a morning it is, half the country stood still again as we’re in the grips of winter, a sprinkling of snow and unprepared motorists and walkers causing mayhem. Please spare a thought for the emergency services trying to deal with all the call outs and spend an extra 5 minutes getting ready for your journey, it is all common sense but with hectic lives people just rush out unprepared.
Today’s shot is from Higger Tor, Sunday just gone. Freezing cold and with the most magnificent sunrise, I have a shed load more shots to process so expect quite a few from here.
I’ll be in the Peaks later sorting locations for a training workshop, remember my 1 to 1 workshops give you the ultimate in knowledge and experience plus you’ll have a great day and walk away feeling uber confident in not only photography but hill craft safety plus a decent knowledge of navigation. Full course details for the New Year group sessions to follow
Had a fabulous weekend away with my big sis, her hubby Dave, Jo and Stormy of course, this shot however is of two girls we met on our walk, said I would post the pic for them, so get in touch if you want a copy girls, Free of course.
Beautiful weather made it a superb weekend and the Peaks were heaving with tourists, just how it should be, para gliding, hand gliding, spectators etc etc, great fun for all.
Then we went to The Rising Sun at Shelley for their Harvest Festival auction, 50% of the proceeds towards Woodhead Mountain Rescue, great evening, lovely people and it raised approx £650 for our team, so appreciated and a really good laugh especially the landlord father, what a character. I won a Huddersfield Giants signed ball, I’ll put it with my England One I got years ago. Nigel has a strange fascination with onions, bets not to ask but he did a lovely little speech at the end to say thank you for the locals support. Me and Jo, Bill and Penny, George, Simon plus Nigel and his wife…..plus several lots of onions..lol
Another rainy Friday again!! ah well the weekend is supposed to be better and we’re off to Aysgarth to check out the falls for a shoot in a few weeks that will feature Search Dog Dodge from Woodhead Mountain Rescue.
As part of my rescue training program I had to navigate for dog handler Wayne as he instructed Dodge in a moorland search. He found his casualty withing minutes and ran back to Wayne and gave definite eye contact and barked that he had found something human, sure enough it was Pete our lost person for the night.
After this it was my turn to be the injured casualty so I made sure he couldn’t see me and went in a zig zag across to moors and hid low down in the bracken down the side of a hill and behind a small tree. Again withing minutes I could hear his bell getting closer then he darted into my little hide away glanced at me then shot off barking to signal his find…absolutely amazing
You wouldn’t believe it but Dodge is 7 years old, he looks as fresh as a puppy and is testament to his handler of how a dog should be looked after, exercised and treated. Dodge has numerous finds under his belt and has helped in many other areas not in his patch.
A beautiful animal doing an amazing job and all he wants for reward is to play
have a great weekend