- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Who’d have thought itI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- I Get In Some PlacesI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- Sunset White WashHi all been a while since my last post, been real busy with prints and workshops. Today’s offering is from Anglesey, beautiful sunset rays dance across the night sky as the shoreline rocks are washed with incoming tide. One of my main locations for workshops, I spend many hours just standing waist deep in the […]
- Rhosneigr Crystal SunsetFEEL FREE TO SHARE Today’s offering is from my workshop on Anglesey last week, we didn’t have too much sun but when we did it was perfect and testament to the art of the Photographer, we waited and waited until this was the scene. worth it I hope you think. My workshops www.adrianashworth.co.uk/workshops run all […]
- Blacks Ice fallsFollowing on from the Iceberg shot I did on Wednesday here is a somewhat Nania-esque image of the falls in full flow complete with shards of ice and misty freezing spray….I think I remarked how cold it was sat in the water and especially as it came in over the top of my wellie…I never […]
- Iceberg In The PeaksHad a wonderful afternoon yesterday, had so much work on lately and haven’t had time to catch up with my winter shots so it made up well for it. As the title suggest I came across this mini iceberg at the waterfall in Blacks near the Woodhead Pass, the recent thaw hadn’t quite got to […]
- Coniston ReedsHappy Easter all and welcome to April too, Can’t believe how time is passing by so very fast, I have so much on at the moment plus some excellent commissions which I am really excited about, I’ll post more info when they are confirmed. Workshops booked for next week on Anglesey too, hope that snow […]
- Coniston Winter, well Spring treeMorning all, finally made it back from Coniston, minus the van! thats stranded in a snow drift on site and we have to go back later in the week to collect again. Apart from the obvious snow and hassles that come with it, we had a pretty productive week photography wise including a trip up […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr Twin FlowWill be heading North soon for the start of my shooting season, just found this little gem unprocessed on my 8TB, I must seriously do a clean down at some stage, far too many images not even looked at…..could do wit a week or two at it. Top session last night with Woodhead MRT, searching […]
- On A Righteous PathLlanddwyn Island off Anglesey a very spiritual place to visit and a must for photography, a right of passage shot with a twist, using my 10 stop “Big Stopper” to slow down the clouds and give this drag effect in high light. Works well don’t you think? It was also used for filming in the […]
- Who’d have thought it
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District.
Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always told me of the bravery of the 617 squadron , one of his favourite pieces of history from WWII. I believe there are several of the surviving crew meeting up at the shore side, would be wonderful to shake their hands but I doubt I’d get that close. Still God bless them all.
Lets hope for blue skies and a great flypast for us all
been such a busy week, non stop running around and getting no where. On the plus side I have had a few nice commissions come in which will add some interest to next weeks diary, I’ll post piccies as and when I do them, one of them is a very pretty gym instructor lady, looking forward to that one lol.
Today’s shot from Glencoe was screaming out orange and well the title just came from there. Just sold a copy straight away thanks Peter in Fife, hope it looks well on your living room wall.
Nice rest and walk day tomorrow with Jo and Stormy then Sunday I have a Mountain Rescue training exercise which looks like it will be a good one, camera at the ready as usual….
Have a great weekend
Had a wonderful walk with Stormy and my mate Mark yesterday 16km Howden Moor circular, a must for some spectacular views and apart from a steepish descent its a nice steady walk and can be enjoyed by most.
Starting at Fairholmes car park which although is expensive at £4.7 for the day worth it for the facilities, extremely clean and there is a cafe and picnic area. alternative parking on the road leading up to it is available but you have to be early.
Image above is the reflective trees on the reservoir, as you can see it was very calm and such a mild day, I walked most of the way in my T shirt, very spring like.
Shot below is of the dam itself with the overflow shimmering down the old stone. You can’t believe the size of this until you stand at its base, enormous!
Out again tomorrow down to Edale area with Stormy for a shoot, will post more later
have a great week
Had a wonderful day at Nefyn yesterday scouting or future shots and on the way back near Aberdesach I looked back and was greeted with this unedited shot. A beautiful cloud formation over Bwlch Mawr and Gyrn Goch I think they’re called, stunning, I rattled off a load of shots so expect quite a few from here when I get hone and start processing. Weekend sunshine here now so it’s feet up and looking forward to my stake tonight
Very quick one today as me and Stormy are heading up on the moors for a walk with Bill and his 2 huskies, should be great. Was going to be Bleaklow to practice map skills but teh A57 is still closed due to Tuesday’s snow….booo hooo
Today’s shot a mystical mix of mist/smoke a crystal pyramid and several filters all combined to create this sunset image, hope you like it, I love it!
Getting a few more requests for training workshops now so word must be getting round, hooray!
have a great day the sun is shining
Well it’s the New Year, Happy 2012 to all, I hope it brings you much good health and prosperity.
We’re back now, had a great short New Year break at Clumber Park in the Caravan, had a few good outings with Stormy doing the bike pulling she loves and as per usual we were in bed by 10pm NY eve! not one for partying anymore, I love being in with Jo and Stormy.
Now as for New Years resolutions, I already don’t drink don’t smoke and don’t eat rubbish so here’s my list
Buy a place on the coast at Anglesey….no point in staring small is there?, it’s a dream I know but you never know
Get my back right and start training again, 19st plus so I need to get back into it big style
Get out more with Stormy on the bike and finally
Start the book and get the Yorkshire Calendar done
So whats on your list then?
Attached image is from my Scotland trip, this is the one where I fell down a crevice and cut my leg and hand, it fell dark very quickly indeed, luckily I had my father in Law with me and a couple of torches and we eventually made it back around the coast to safety…they hadn’t yet sent a search party out for us, Jo was still watching TV but Stormy saw us miles away bless her.
Well the weather is appalling now, gale force winds and rain and I’m stuck in waiting for Virgin to come and install broadband, had my fill of BT, years of loyal patronage and they try and screw me on a new contract, they’ve now lost me for good.
Hope everyone is OK this week, stay safe and warm
Thursday morning and I think the weekend starts today for me apart from Docs at 8 and physio tonight at 7 its pretty plain sailing oh and I have a new picture to put up in an exhibition as they sold one yesterday…every little helps as the annoying advert says. Oh and the cars playing up, engine light on, bet that’s going to cost, why do they have to have fancy computers on board, it used to be if it didn’t go its because you hadn’t put enough petrol in or something daft.
Another piece of classic 80′s in with this blog, just press play at the bottom of it…brings back memories. If you have any suggestions for music please let me know and I’ll include it with the blogs.
Finally got my book through for my ABIPP looks great even if I say so myself, I just hope the panel agrees. I’ll put in online after my assessment if I’m successful…if not I’ll keep quiet..lol, like I can keep quiet.
And to top it all Stormy’s having a phantom pregnancy, she’s acting really weird gathering her toys and wont eat and crying….took her to the vets and its confirmed we’re having NOTHING! poor little thing, hope it doesn’t last long she was a terror at training class last night…
Bit of a late upload today, been busy finishing a special for tomorrow and updating the website.
You may notice that I now have music on the home page, you may also find this annoying..lol, if you scroll down there is a control to stop it or go to another page and this will stop it too. It’s there primarily to accompany the viewing of the home page slide show. Anyway I’ll be changing the music regularly.
Still got this darn cold, really fed up with it now, Jo’s gone back to work, she hates been off sick.
Off out with Stormy for a little walky then its physio tonight, can’t wait to start training again, it’s getting me down now!
All my best
Back to work Monday hey! how depressing, not to worry we had a fabulous weekend at Loosehill and Castleton with my sister and her hubby and another couple George and Lorraine. we had a coupe of lovely little walks into Castleton and on Saturday came across The Powderkegs 10th Birthday dance.
The Powderkegs began in 2001 from a small group of “groupies” of the Chapel-en-le-Frith Morris Men, they dance Cotswold in a men only side. We saw Border Dancing at weekends away and it looked great fun – we wanted to have a go. We live near the Peak District and could not find a local side to join so we decided to start our own. We went for a workshop with the Flagcrackers who taught us 2 dances to get us going – Upton stick and Hey up Joe. We headed back for the hills with 12 willing (well most of them were) dancers and musicians.
Luckily the weather played fair for them at least, on Saturday night there was a fantastic full moon , so I was all set for a moonlight jaunt up Mam Tor but all too quickly it disappeared behind storm clouds and then the rain came, and it came …. Didn’t bother us too much as there’s nothing like the rain patting down on the caravan roof as you lay there all snug and warm, I could just hear the gentle breathing from Stormy as she lay at the other end of the van, nothing phases her and she just takes all in her stride never complaining…little love she is.
I managed to get several shots of the Powderkegs, great bunch of guy and gals, so nice to see we have this type of culture alive and well in our area, they drew great crowds and I’m sure new followers. Very good for Castleton and the area’s tourism.
Will post more later
enjoy the week and batten down those hatches, big winds a comin’
Simply titled “How Lucky”, this the first of this seasons Seascapes from Wales and Anglesey. This one a sunset from the edge of Town Beach Rhosneigr. The sea was lapping around my shins and I got quite a soaking, new wellies or not they don’t stop water coming down the top of them.
Like the majority of properties in Rhosneigr most are holiday homes and I think this one is too,possibly a renter, never the less if I had a chance to live there and never go anywhere else I’d be there in a heartbeat.
The rain is gently falling here today and I feel a day of processing coming on
Many Many more to follow