Subscribe to Blog via Email
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Heather With A Tilt ShiftHi all apologies for not posting this week, been one of those weeks where I juts haven’t had time for the nicer things in life. One major headache has been the new accounts system, I’ve been using an old desktop version of quickbooks for 10 years now so I decided I’d update this to the […]
- Eclipse 2015Hi all I’m afraid the weather here in Yorkshire didn’t play fair today and we had intermittent heavy cloud which obscured the eclipse totally at times, so here is my modest effort hand held 70-200. Seen some wonderful efforts from Norway, obviously the place to be unless you don’t like polar bears who I might […]
- Buoy and Boat SunsetHi all very quick update as I’m busy busty with commission work at the moment, running all over the place. I’ll post info later. This one from a recent trip to Anglesey, beautiful sunset at Rhosneigr, love the warmth of the sun glowing through the buoy. Saying that it was freezing!! Anyway […]
- FBIPP – A Fellow At LastHi all Fantastic news to give. I have been awarded the Fellowship status to the British Institute of Professional Photographers, their highest award and is attainable for distinguished and exceptional ability and creativity so I’m extremely honoured to have reached this level. Though this may be the top level it by no means means I’ll […]
- The Magical WoodHi all had a great weekend filming topped off by a long drive to Hertfordshire on Sunday to do an event shoot for Woodland Trust and Disney. The Magical Wood is the largest new native forest in England with some 15,000 new trees being planted. The partnership between the Woodland Trust and Disney celebrated its […]
- Apocalypse CompletedWell she’s finally completed after a while in Photoshop, must admit I really enjoyed doing this, just need a real life woman now……I know they all say that lol She started out as this. Then went to this. Good fun all the same Adrian
- Apocalypse FashionApocalypse Fashion Perhaps one day, you never know especially with the way the world is going….lets hope not Today’s image is courtesy of being awake with ideas buzzing round my head since 3:20. Since Jo was unavailable and wouldn’t do it for a gold pig anyway I had to dig old Jenna Jameson out of […]
- The Old Floating Banana ShotA little I’ll grant but it’s a well used trick in photography using layers and masks and while I had 5 mins to play I thought I’d give the B1 a blast, just one to the right slightly behind the camera on TTL, quite a neat trick really and definitely worth trying with different subjects […]
- Still No SnowHonestly can’t believe how mild it’s gone now, I cleaned the cars on Sunday in a T shirt and today’s dog walk I was just wearing a fleece, has spring sprung already? even the white flower things , snowdrops thats it, useless with plants are out in abundance. It’s ruining my commission shoot! Here’s another […]
- Come on Snow where are you?Isn’t it always the case! you get a commission for snow Christmas type woodland shots and the weather turns mild! was up and out early today to try and get the frost but the woodland was still muddy and misty not at all festive. Lets hope the next few weeks bring a cold spell and […]
- Heather With A Tilt Shift
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Quick blog today, got loads to do, Both shots taken at Beddgelert a beautiful little village in Snowdonia. The story goes……
“In the 13th century Llewelyn, prince of North Wales, had a palace at Beddgelert. One day he went hunting without Gelert, “The Faithful Hound”, who was unaccountably absent. On Llewelyn’s return the truant, stained and smeared with blood, joyfully sprang to meet his master. The prince alarmed hastened to find his son, and saw the infant’s cot empty, the bedclothes and floor covered with blood.
The frantic father plunged his sword into the hound’s side, thinking it had killed his heir. The dog’s dying yell was answered by a child’s cry. Llewelyn searched and discovered his boy unharmed, but near by lay the body of a mighty wolf which Gelert had slain.
The prince filled with remorse is said never to have smiled again. He buried Gelert here”.
So many images and not enough time to get them on the site……
dedicating today to getting 10 images processed and up, need to chase up framers for sales been sent, got deliveries coming, sorting workshop notes out, Stormy’s long walk, gym and to top it all…..guess which idiot put petrol in a diesel car yesterday …yup 1st time I ever done something so stupid.
Mind you the RAC wanted £200 plus but my mate owns a garage and he flushed the system for £20, so could have been worse, saying that I lost £77 worth of petrol/diesel mix ..a small price to pay saying it could have killed my car…. I can laugh about it now but I’m sure the staff and customers at Morrisons Petrol Station haven’t heard language like mine at that time in a morning!
Town Beach Sunset, as the sea swirls and mixes the sand in its waves the sun retreats casting a beautiful orange glow across the bay.
ahh cant wait to be back there, 10 days and counting
I was going to enter a few competitions after last years success but after a conversation with Mr C the boss and my mentor of Landscape photography he said
“I reckon that winning competitions is a bit like passing exams, not necessarily the same as really knowing the subject, it’s more about knowing what is likely to please the examiners.” and lets face it you pay to enter, you fool!!
So guess what, my money is going to stay in my pocket this year and advance my technique instead. If a competition is for free then yes its worth having a go to win something maybe….only mugs pay to enter.
You see I’m finally learning …lol, leave the comps for the amateurs a famous photographer once said…how true
Today’s shot is as promised Rhosneigr, Anglesey, Broad Beach…well it is wide..lol
Never fails to amaze me that when the sea and light is as beautiful as this the locals aren’t down there sitting with a cup of tea watching the sun go down, When we finally move there my mission will be not to own a TV but to treat this view as my evenings entertainment, I know Stormy will approve.
Writing course notes today, it got to 35c in my studio yesterday, Stormy laid on the glass table on the decking to keep cool, she’s no fool then Jo came home and we got Stormy a little paddling pool..she loved it (Stormy that is) padding round with her over sized paws and blowing bubbles as she buried her head in the water..little things eh.
more to follow
As requested by Alison, a re work of a shot I took down, I wasn’t quite happy with it, this is much more to my liking and the balance feels just right.
It was very windy and a little perilous as there is a drop behind where I was stood on a slippery rock, wind almost gale force and the waterfall at full throttle….Still
What a location, going back in 2 weeks time to spend a day there, cant wait..
hope its to your liking Alison
Tongue firmly in cheek title! you may laugh but boy did I get a soaking for this one, behind me a 9′ sea wall and the sea already knee deep just lapping above my wellies…then I got hit by this and it was game over for the night. I made the shot then grabbed my tripod hoisted it above my head just as the main wave hit me up to my midriff….
Now I don’t know what women feel when hit by freezing cold water about their nether regions but as a man I can tell you the pain was quite alarming to say the least…I wonder if they do neoprene boxer shorts for photographers? now there’s an invention…better patent it quick .
The shot itself hopefully imparts the ferocity of the sea and it was extremely windy. I like to think that if I was going to go as it were this would be the way to take me to Tog’s heaven, but I was quite a wussy and legged it after this shot..lol
More to follow
scorching 25c here already 7am, this must be summer!
Wow how hot is it already today, 21c! 8am, were in for a scorcher….AT LAST
Thought I’d start the week off with my Wales season of shots, one shot a day for the next 14 then I’m back there to complete the seasons shoot as the heather will be out, Likewise off into the Peaks as often as possible now…so many places to shoot and not enough time, plus I have started commission work work for a couple of organisations…hhooorraaahhh I can eat again..lol
This shot was down on the edge of Town Beach Rhosneigr and just to tell you my determination in getting the right shot, I spent one hour there and shot 300 images all exactly the same composition just to detail how the light changes as the sun goes down, so expect several more interpretations of this shot with some beautiful sky colours….
Well Stormy has had a walk which is great as she had a poorly paw yesterday, think it was a sprain, anyway she’s back to normal thank goodness. Car to clean, grass to cut and garden tidy up day, too nice to miss this weather.
have a great week all
Sometimes you have take a step back and look at your work, I did this with the other waterfall shot and decided it was rubbish!
Although I like the smooth creamy water I think this version is far better, it gives a feeling of power and bleakness, bet it would look fantastic in winter…one for another trip I think.
Anyway this one has made it onto the website sales list , the other deleted..you have to be harsh sometimes and truth be told I wasn’t too sure when I started the processing of the other one where as this version instantly seemed right…you are your own worst critic comes to mind, better I spot it now.
I have another 10 ready so far plus another 10 to process so plenty to go at, were back in Wales in 3 weeks to complete my summer shoot, cant wait alreay as I scouted a few new locations and just need the right weather.
Peaks this Sunday with Jo and Stormy, I’m Goathland, Whitby working tomorrow…I feel fish and chips coming on..wwwhhheeyyy
have a great Friday
Simply titled “How Lucky”, this the first of this seasons Seascapes from Wales and Anglesey. This one a sunset from the edge of Town Beach Rhosneigr. The sea was lapping around my shins and I got quite a soaking, new wellies or not they don’t stop water coming down the top of them.
Like the majority of properties in Rhosneigr most are holiday homes and I think this one is too,possibly a renter, never the less if I had a chance to live there and never go anywhere else I’d be there in a heartbeat.
The rain is gently falling here today and I feel a day of processing coming on
Many Many more to follow
had a wonderful week away in Wales, Rhosneigr never fails to capture our hearts and we’d gladly move there tomorrow. We ventured out into Snowdonia one day and as we drove through the Ogwen Valley we came across the waterfall that flows beneath the A5 road, it was extremely windy and the skies constantly changing light was a devil of a job to filter out!
If you look beneath the bridge you can just make out another bridge, this is an original Roman bridge, when Telford was given the task of constructing the new bridge he decided (luckily) to leave the original in situ ….great relief
I got loads of shots so I’ll be posting them as I wade through my shots and process them.
A big thank you also to Richard who has recently bought 3 of my shots, really appreciate the sales as I do all my customers, its a humbling feeling knowing that others “get me” and also a great honour to think my work is gracing someone’s living room wall.
many more to follow and some great sunsets, gotta get back into the Peaks this week and training sessions start real soon, have a little list ready to go…..very exciting times
Well back at last, apols but I have been really busy latley and now were getting ready for a shoot in Wales next week.
I have uploaded the shots under MUSIC , as I do more shows I’ll start and list on fan sites for free downloads.
Going to try and get a Peaks shot in this week, been a few weeks now and I’m getting withdrawal symptoms..anyway wellies at the ready for Wales, Stormy has a new Bandana and Stormy Cam is live but I’ll wait a week or so before I give the address out.
Have a great week