- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Carl Wark – A Winters WalkFell Free To Share, Like and Especially Comment Is it Tuesday already, the last 10 days seems to have blurred by so fast, it will be Christmas Day before we know it, getting so excited, family coming for dinner, my favourite part, it’s particularly important as my uncle Eric is still in hospital with Leukaemia […]
- Northumberland Boulder SunsetFeel Free To Share, Tag and I love Your Comments. A very good Thursday all, hope you are all bearing up well with the Weather Bomb! we’ve see plenty of rain over the last few days, now we’re hoping the white stuff will land by the weekend and stay till the new year (I know […]
- Neist Point – The EndFeel Free To Share, Comments always welcome. Friday at last and a busy weekend of shoots ahead. Barnsley Youth choir tonight and tomorrow night followed by Jagged Edge gig later Sat night then an early shoot for the first Barnsley Junior Park Run at Locke Park, should be fun, the camera will be smoking! One […]
- Fairy Pool – Another ViewFeel Free To Share, Tag and I’d love to see your comments…… Another from Skye this view from a different angle looking across the fall to the rock, we had to set up and wait between gale force winds and sleet like rain to get the shots so I’m very pleased with the outcome, would […]
- Old ManFeel Free To Share Old Man of Storr This is properly the most famous walk on the Island and definitely the busiest. The ‘Old Man’ is a large pinnacle of rock that stands high and can be seen for miles around. As part of the Trotternish ridge the Storr was created by a massive ancient […]
- New Sponsor – Kinafoto.comHappy Monday all And some great news….. New sponsorship in the form of Profoto lighting equipment, which is simply the best location kit there is has been given from a great company Kinafoto. It’s amazing how much faith and commitment they have provided, their extremely helpful staff and on-line chat box really helps you […]
- Elgol – Hop Skip And A JumpFEEL FREE TO SHARE Black Friday!!!!! fffttt Its a wonderful bright and glorious day, the weekend begins, OK so its raining and miserable here in Barnsley but who cares, some days you just got to thank your lucky stars. Finally managed to sort out the new lighting system and sponsorship so orders going in […]
- Elgol SunsetFEEL FREE TO SHARE To say we only spent a few short hours at Elgol I certainly reaped a great crop of images, saying that it will be a long time before we return such is the drive. Sunset skies over the Cuillins certainly drive home the intensity of the scars down the distant mountains. […]
- Elgol GoPLEASE SHARE Morning all Wet and windy Wednesday here in Yorkshire….so I thought a nice wet and windy shot from Skye would be in order. This one from Elgol looking across to the Cuillin range, Elgol is on the shores of Loch Scavaig towards the end of the Strathaird peninsula. This was the scene of […]
- Old Man of Storr SunriseWalking up to The Old Man of Storr on the beautiful Isle of Skye I had to take my now usual “fat boy” stop to catch my breath and as I turned to look back this is the view I was greeted with. Very Gothic in its appearance The Storr forms an imposing feature overlooking […]
- Carl Wark – A Winters Walk
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Quick blog today, got loads to do, Both shots taken at Beddgelert a beautiful little village in Snowdonia. The story goes……
“In the 13th century Llewelyn, prince of North Wales, had a palace at Beddgelert. One day he went hunting without Gelert, “The Faithful Hound”, who was unaccountably absent. On Llewelyn’s return the truant, stained and smeared with blood, joyfully sprang to meet his master. The prince alarmed hastened to find his son, and saw the infant’s cot empty, the bedclothes and floor covered with blood.
The frantic father plunged his sword into the hound’s side, thinking it had killed his heir. The dog’s dying yell was answered by a child’s cry. Llewelyn searched and discovered his boy unharmed, but near by lay the body of a mighty wolf which Gelert had slain.
The prince filled with remorse is said never to have smiled again. He buried Gelert here”.
So many images and not enough time to get them on the site……
dedicating today to getting 10 images processed and up, need to chase up framers for sales been sent, got deliveries coming, sorting workshop notes out, Stormy’s long walk, gym and to top it all…..guess which idiot put petrol in a diesel car yesterday …yup 1st time I ever done something so stupid.
Mind you the RAC wanted £200 plus but my mate owns a garage and he flushed the system for £20, so could have been worse, saying that I lost £77 worth of petrol/diesel mix ..a small price to pay saying it could have killed my car…. I can laugh about it now but I’m sure the staff and customers at Morrisons Petrol Station haven’t heard language like mine at that time in a morning!
Town Beach Sunset, as the sea swirls and mixes the sand in its waves the sun retreats casting a beautiful orange glow across the bay.
ahh cant wait to be back there, 10 days and counting
I was going to enter a few competitions after last years success but after a conversation with Mr C the boss and my mentor of Landscape photography he said
“I reckon that winning competitions is a bit like passing exams, not necessarily the same as really knowing the subject, it’s more about knowing what is likely to please the examiners.” and lets face it you pay to enter, you fool!!
So guess what, my money is going to stay in my pocket this year and advance my technique instead. If a competition is for free then yes its worth having a go to win something maybe….only mugs pay to enter.
You see I’m finally learning …lol, leave the comps for the amateurs a famous photographer once said…how true
Today’s shot is as promised Rhosneigr, Anglesey, Broad Beach…well it is wide..lol
Never fails to amaze me that when the sea and light is as beautiful as this the locals aren’t down there sitting with a cup of tea watching the sun go down, When we finally move there my mission will be not to own a TV but to treat this view as my evenings entertainment, I know Stormy will approve.
Writing course notes today, it got to 35c in my studio yesterday, Stormy laid on the glass table on the decking to keep cool, she’s no fool then Jo came home and we got Stormy a little paddling pool..she loved it (Stormy that is) padding round with her over sized paws and blowing bubbles as she buried her head in the water..little things eh.
more to follow
As requested by Alison, a re work of a shot I took down, I wasn’t quite happy with it, this is much more to my liking and the balance feels just right.
It was very windy and a little perilous as there is a drop behind where I was stood on a slippery rock, wind almost gale force and the waterfall at full throttle….Still
What a location, going back in 2 weeks time to spend a day there, cant wait..
hope its to your liking Alison
Tongue firmly in cheek title! you may laugh but boy did I get a soaking for this one, behind me a 9′ sea wall and the sea already knee deep just lapping above my wellies…then I got hit by this and it was game over for the night. I made the shot then grabbed my tripod hoisted it above my head just as the main wave hit me up to my midriff….
Now I don’t know what women feel when hit by freezing cold water about their nether regions but as a man I can tell you the pain was quite alarming to say the least…I wonder if they do neoprene boxer shorts for photographers? now there’s an invention…better patent it quick .
The shot itself hopefully imparts the ferocity of the sea and it was extremely windy. I like to think that if I was going to go as it were this would be the way to take me to Tog’s heaven, but I was quite a wussy and legged it after this shot..lol
More to follow
scorching 25c here already 7am, this must be summer!
Wow how hot is it already today, 21c! 8am, were in for a scorcher….AT LAST
Thought I’d start the week off with my Wales season of shots, one shot a day for the next 14 then I’m back there to complete the seasons shoot as the heather will be out, Likewise off into the Peaks as often as possible now…so many places to shoot and not enough time, plus I have started commission work work for a couple of organisations…hhooorraaahhh I can eat again..lol
This shot was down on the edge of Town Beach Rhosneigr and just to tell you my determination in getting the right shot, I spent one hour there and shot 300 images all exactly the same composition just to detail how the light changes as the sun goes down, so expect several more interpretations of this shot with some beautiful sky colours….
Well Stormy has had a walk which is great as she had a poorly paw yesterday, think it was a sprain, anyway she’s back to normal thank goodness. Car to clean, grass to cut and garden tidy up day, too nice to miss this weather.
have a great week all
Sometimes you have take a step back and look at your work, I did this with the other waterfall shot and decided it was rubbish!
Although I like the smooth creamy water I think this version is far better, it gives a feeling of power and bleakness, bet it would look fantastic in winter…one for another trip I think.
Anyway this one has made it onto the website sales list , the other deleted..you have to be harsh sometimes and truth be told I wasn’t too sure when I started the processing of the other one where as this version instantly seemed right…you are your own worst critic comes to mind, better I spot it now.
I have another 10 ready so far plus another 10 to process so plenty to go at, were back in Wales in 3 weeks to complete my summer shoot, cant wait alreay as I scouted a few new locations and just need the right weather.
Peaks this Sunday with Jo and Stormy, I’m Goathland, Whitby working tomorrow…I feel fish and chips coming on..wwwhhheeyyy
have a great Friday
Simply titled “How Lucky”, this the first of this seasons Seascapes from Wales and Anglesey. This one a sunset from the edge of Town Beach Rhosneigr. The sea was lapping around my shins and I got quite a soaking, new wellies or not they don’t stop water coming down the top of them.
Like the majority of properties in Rhosneigr most are holiday homes and I think this one is too,possibly a renter, never the less if I had a chance to live there and never go anywhere else I’d be there in a heartbeat.
The rain is gently falling here today and I feel a day of processing coming on
Many Many more to follow
had a wonderful week away in Wales, Rhosneigr never fails to capture our hearts and we’d gladly move there tomorrow. We ventured out into Snowdonia one day and as we drove through the Ogwen Valley we came across the waterfall that flows beneath the A5 road, it was extremely windy and the skies constantly changing light was a devil of a job to filter out!
If you look beneath the bridge you can just make out another bridge, this is an original Roman bridge, when Telford was given the task of constructing the new bridge he decided (luckily) to leave the original in situ ….great relief
I got loads of shots so I’ll be posting them as I wade through my shots and process them.
A big thank you also to Richard who has recently bought 3 of my shots, really appreciate the sales as I do all my customers, its a humbling feeling knowing that others “get me” and also a great honour to think my work is gracing someone’s living room wall.
many more to follow and some great sunsets, gotta get back into the Peaks this week and training sessions start real soon, have a little list ready to go…..very exciting times
Well back at last, apols but I have been really busy latley and now were getting ready for a shoot in Wales next week.
I have uploaded the shots under MUSIC , as I do more shows I’ll start and list on fan sites for free downloads.
Going to try and get a Peaks shot in this week, been a few weeks now and I’m getting withdrawal symptoms..anyway wellies at the ready for Wales, Stormy has a new Bandana and Stormy Cam is live but I’ll wait a week or so before I give the address out.
Have a great week