- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- East Lothian Corn Field SunsetA very good Sunday morning all. It’s been a fantastic week away culminating in getting some great news that I will be doing stills work for an ITV production involving the great John Sergeant who I’ll be working with this week weather permitting, really excited as I’m doing the stills for both TV and the […]
- Going Nowhere FastRecce shot of the Island Queen at Tayinloan, Kintyre As the title suggests it’s going nowhere fast apart from decaying into the oblivion of the sands. A couple of new toys coming today, first a Lowepro Sport AW200 rucksack, so if you see a big lad with a bright orange rucksack and huge lens […]
- Before And After PhotoshopI printed off the final image for myself and my brother came round and saw it “photoshopped” he said, cheeky so and so. Anyway I thought I’d show the original and final image. Now I admit to being a heavy user of filters it’s my speciality when training in my workshops, its all about completing […]
- Groynes to JuraNot sure if the title sounded rude or not…..let you decide but it is what it is Groynes pointing the way the mountainous range at Jura. Taken on yet another glorious day at Tayinloan Kintyre, what a place. Update for the weekend, doing pictures for Dearne FM of the Tour De France, it very slightly […]
- Looking Out To SeaIF YOU LIKE IT PLEASE SHARE IT A very sunny good morning to you all, woke up to a beautiful sunrise so took the pooches out bright and early, pre the usual hoards of dog walkers and school kids tramping the streets. Sets you up for the day ahead with clear and decisive thoughts, […]
- Deserted Island QueenEvening all, oohhh Dixon of Dock Green…….yes yes I know “who” I sort of remember it I think but then again I have listened to the David Tennant remakes on Radio 4 Extra, hope that settles that one…phew!! think i got away with it. Anyhoo, todays is yes a portrait landscape, I don’t do […]
- Martian SeascapeYup it really was/is that green, couldn’t believe my eyes it was just like a scene from War of the Worlds. It stretched on way round the coast and is a stable diet supplement for the local deer and sheep who are seen regularly down by the waters edge having a late night snack, one […]
- Point Sands Lobster PotIts Friday…….. happy weekend all, nice to see the rain has made a come back just in time for the outdoor gig shoot tomorrow night with Tony Christie, all in aid of Barnsley Hospice, what a great charity, praying it all goes well for them. Today’s shot is of my salvaged lobster pot, only […]
- Sunset Gravity StonesIt may not look it but it was one of the most complicated shots i have taken, 3 filters and one hand held while Dave did the smoke machine for me….very pleased with the outcome though, gives great atmosphere and tranquillity …we were actually being bitten to death with swarms of midges. We had just […]
- Island Queen Sunset RaysSecond image of four of the Island Queen at Tayinloan, Kintyre. I will be going back soon to run a workshop there, it will be an overnight camp next to or on the beach itself so if anyone has an interest in this sunset course let me know ASAP. Remember I am qualified and insured […]
- East Lothian Corn Field Sunset
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Shot last year, just got round to processing it, the moon on its way down as the sunrises casting a glow across the valley and peaks, thick snow and ice cover the whole of the Ladybower area. This was a real struggle of a shot to get, nearly 2 hours climb then standing in up to 2-3 feet snow then 1 hour down…think it was worth it though.
Shot from last week while down by The Dearne River, “Winter Horses”, well fed and with the glow of the sun on their backs, breath silhouetting against the harsh backdrop.
Been down this morning with Stormy to check on them, they look well if not a little mud covered due to all the melting snow and ice but they have plenty of food so they should be fine.
Off to the coast hopefully tomorrow for New Years day, so I’ll wish you all a greta and healthy 2011
Well I finally made it for a walk with Stormy down by the river….nose running and head bunged up with god knows what but hey thats life and theres far too much beauty out there to let a cold stop you from enjoying it…headphones on “Scorpions – She Said” followed by “Remember The Good Times”check em out well worth a listen, old stuff I know but god they rock, saw em at Manchester Apollo and have been a fan since I was 18 which is hhmmmmm few years ago…thats the way to do a photo shoot with great music going through you…..
It’s good to be alive!
Sometimes, just sometimes you get the flash right and in this case it really brought out the colours in Stormys eyes, lovely having that combination, not rare but I think it gives her that little bit of difference from all the blue eyed huskies out there. Were finally getting over our cold/flu/infections/ you name it we’ve had it this Christmas, in fact were packing the decorations away now as its been a complete sham this year. Next year were off to the Shetlands, suits us all, Jo likes it quiet, I love my photography down by the sea and Stormy, well she just loves it all….3 happy souls
out and about at the coast and peaks next week so normal service will be resumed.
Ahhhhh warmer days, well not really was taken last month so still a freezing cold sunrise at Higger Tor in The Peak District.
Love the way the sun dances through the rocks and casts a warm golden glow in the foreground.
All ready for Christmas now, wonder what Santa will bring me, not that I want anything…got the love of a good woman and the loyalty and trust of my Husky “Stormy”
wishing you all a merry Christmas and Healthy New Year