- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Who’d have thought itI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- I Get In Some PlacesI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- Sunset White WashHi all been a while since my last post, been real busy with prints and workshops. Today’s offering is from Anglesey, beautiful sunset rays dance across the night sky as the shoreline rocks are washed with incoming tide. One of my main locations for workshops, I spend many hours just standing waist deep in the […]
- Rhosneigr Crystal SunsetFEEL FREE TO SHARE Today’s offering is from my workshop on Anglesey last week, we didn’t have too much sun but when we did it was perfect and testament to the art of the Photographer, we waited and waited until this was the scene. worth it I hope you think. My workshops www.adrianashworth.co.uk/workshops run all […]
- Blacks Ice fallsFollowing on from the Iceberg shot I did on Wednesday here is a somewhat Nania-esque image of the falls in full flow complete with shards of ice and misty freezing spray….I think I remarked how cold it was sat in the water and especially as it came in over the top of my wellie…I never […]
- Iceberg In The PeaksHad a wonderful afternoon yesterday, had so much work on lately and haven’t had time to catch up with my winter shots so it made up well for it. As the title suggest I came across this mini iceberg at the waterfall in Blacks near the Woodhead Pass, the recent thaw hadn’t quite got to […]
- Coniston ReedsHappy Easter all and welcome to April too, Can’t believe how time is passing by so very fast, I have so much on at the moment plus some excellent commissions which I am really excited about, I’ll post more info when they are confirmed. Workshops booked for next week on Anglesey too, hope that snow […]
- Coniston Winter, well Spring treeMorning all, finally made it back from Coniston, minus the van! thats stranded in a snow drift on site and we have to go back later in the week to collect again. Apart from the obvious snow and hassles that come with it, we had a pretty productive week photography wise including a trip up […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr Twin FlowWill be heading North soon for the start of my shooting season, just found this little gem unprocessed on my 8TB, I must seriously do a clean down at some stage, far too many images not even looked at…..could do wit a week or two at it. Top session last night with Woodhead MRT, searching […]
- On A Righteous PathLlanddwyn Island off Anglesey a very spiritual place to visit and a must for photography, a right of passage shot with a twist, using my 10 stop “Big Stopper” to slow down the clouds and give this drag effect in high light. Works well don’t you think? It was also used for filming in the […]
- Who’d have thought it
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Shot last year, just got round to processing it, the moon on its way down as the sunrises casting a glow across the valley and peaks, thick snow and ice cover the whole of the Ladybower area. This was a real struggle of a shot to get, nearly 2 hours climb then standing in up to 2-3 feet snow then 1 hour down…think it was worth it though.
Shot from last week while down by The Dearne River, “Winter Horses”, well fed and with the glow of the sun on their backs, breath silhouetting against the harsh backdrop.
Been down this morning with Stormy to check on them, they look well if not a little mud covered due to all the melting snow and ice but they have plenty of food so they should be fine.
Off to the coast hopefully tomorrow for New Years day, so I’ll wish you all a greta and healthy 2011
Well I finally made it for a walk with Stormy down by the river….nose running and head bunged up with god knows what but hey thats life and theres far too much beauty out there to let a cold stop you from enjoying it…headphones on “Scorpions – She Said” followed by “Remember The Good Times”check em out well worth a listen, old stuff I know but god they rock, saw em at Manchester Apollo and have been a fan since I was 18 which is hhmmmmm few years ago…thats the way to do a photo shoot with great music going through you…..
It’s good to be alive!
Sometimes, just sometimes you get the flash right and in this case it really brought out the colours in Stormys eyes, lovely having that combination, not rare but I think it gives her that little bit of difference from all the blue eyed huskies out there. Were finally getting over our cold/flu/infections/ you name it we’ve had it this Christmas, in fact were packing the decorations away now as its been a complete sham this year. Next year were off to the Shetlands, suits us all, Jo likes it quiet, I love my photography down by the sea and Stormy, well she just loves it all….3 happy souls
out and about at the coast and peaks next week so normal service will be resumed.
Ahhhhh warmer days, well not really was taken last month so still a freezing cold sunrise at Higger Tor in The Peak District.
Love the way the sun dances through the rocks and casts a warm golden glow in the foreground.
All ready for Christmas now, wonder what Santa will bring me, not that I want anything…got the love of a good woman and the loyalty and trust of my Husky “Stormy”
wishing you all a merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
Just getting round top processing some older shots from the summer….I now better late than never. This is Royd Moor Wind Farm near Ingbirchworth, may pop up later and do a sunset, some nice movement in the turbine propellers
The ice is getting thicker down by the Dearne River, cant wait to get out again later, winter has really taken a grip here -10c this morning, the frost is turning the trees to a glistening white, so much better than the boring winter brown.
More from my walk with Stormy, Winter Horses by Dearne River. There must be 50+ horses roaming this land fed by good natured caring people, they are extremely trusting and very gentle, I could stay and photograph them all day!
Another from my walk yesterday with Stormy down by The Dearne River, this beautiful old tree stands out proudly against a frozen pond as the sunsets through the trees. Love this area, going there again later
Wow what a walk we had yesterday me and Stormy, was absolutely freezing by the Dearne River , Barnsley -9c. All the trees were glazed in a beautiful frozen mist and the sky was so clear and blue, made for some great winter postcard shots, more to follow.