- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- LakesBit of blast from last year hopefully be back there real soon once the puppies are ready, it is of course Coniston with snow capped peaks. It was as you can see a particularly calm day with no breeze at all, perfect for this type of shot. The shot below is from Castlerigg, the ancient […]
- Castle WreckMorning all one from a few months ago now, Bamburgh Castle shot from the beach with the mysterious wreck foreground. When I got to it there were two guys digging round it trying to gather as much info as possible about the wreck, it’s believed to date to the late 18th century and would have […]
- Angelsey Storms – Me and My Big BlogHappy Monday morning all, Wow what a weekend of weather, it dominates the news every time I turn on the TV, we spent the best part of yesterday storm chasing on Anglesey to get some flood shots, we weren’t disappointed. Beaumaris shops with sandbags outside and we never made it to Penmon the road was […]
- Bamburgh Castle SunsetHappy New Year to all it goes without saying I wish you much health and happiness so I’ll save all the sentiments etc etc. Thought I’d start this year off with a little winter warmer from Northumberland more importantly Bamburgh Castle bathed in a glorious sunset shower. Bamburgh Castle has the power to draw you […]
- Been A WhileMorning all mist Inversion in The Peaks. apologies for my lack of posts lately, it’s been rather hectic, especially with the arrival of our Husky puppies to mummy Stormy, they are absolutely the cutest of dogs and Stormy is an amazing mother, we can’t believe how attentive she is and it’s all on instinct. […]
- Ynys LlanddwynYnys Llanddwyn Is now on the site for sale in various sizes, inbox me if you need canvass or foam board versions, all signed work. Max size is 8′ x 4′ foam board. http://www.adrianashworth.co.uk/gallery/wales/ No 152 Adrian
- To The PointA very good Friday morning all. Been a while since my last post, what with 2 operations, workload and planning the book for next year I’ve had little time for anything else. This week has seen me on 2 commissions and I have also sorted several prints for clients abroad…at least there will be food […]
- St Cwyfan – Church In The SeaThe start of a very busy week for me today, just got back from Birmingham with Stormy, she’s been for her 2nd mating session with Echo the very handsome husky, his eyes are the opposite way round to Stormy’s, stunning. Tomorrow I have a fantastic commission, I’ll be up near Carnforth and Ingleton, cant wait. […]
- Crystal Beachy Misty ThingyBack in Yorkshire after a fabulous working holiday in North Wales, the weather played pretty fair apart from the workshops when it persisted down all day every time! but when you’re given lemons and all that plus the company was great so made for enjoyable sessions. having luck but bad luck….. 3 days from trading […]
- Storm WarningHi all can’t wait as I’ll be stood here tomorrow for my summer workshops programme, North Wales and Anglesey at its best, 5 minutes later there was an almighty storm, just managed to pack up in time and cover my cameras. There’s a lot to be said for heading out just before a […]
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Shot last year, just got round to processing it, the moon on its way down as the sunrises casting a glow across the valley and peaks, thick snow and ice cover the whole of the Ladybower area. This was a real struggle of a shot to get, nearly 2 hours climb then standing in up to 2-3 feet snow then 1 hour down…think it was worth it though.
Shot from last week while down by The Dearne River, “Winter Horses”, well fed and with the glow of the sun on their backs, breath silhouetting against the harsh backdrop.
Been down this morning with Stormy to check on them, they look well if not a little mud covered due to all the melting snow and ice but they have plenty of food so they should be fine.
Off to the coast hopefully tomorrow for New Years day, so I’ll wish you all a greta and healthy 2011
Well I finally made it for a walk with Stormy down by the river….nose running and head bunged up with god knows what but hey thats life and theres far too much beauty out there to let a cold stop you from enjoying it…headphones on “Scorpions – She Said” followed by “Remember The Good Times”check em out well worth a listen, old stuff I know but god they rock, saw em at Manchester Apollo and have been a fan since I was 18 which is hhmmmmm few years ago…thats the way to do a photo shoot with great music going through you…..
It’s good to be alive!
Sometimes, just sometimes you get the flash right and in this case it really brought out the colours in Stormys eyes, lovely having that combination, not rare but I think it gives her that little bit of difference from all the blue eyed huskies out there. Were finally getting over our cold/flu/infections/ you name it we’ve had it this Christmas, in fact were packing the decorations away now as its been a complete sham this year. Next year were off to the Shetlands, suits us all, Jo likes it quiet, I love my photography down by the sea and Stormy, well she just loves it all….3 happy souls
out and about at the coast and peaks next week so normal service will be resumed.
Ahhhhh warmer days, well not really was taken last month so still a freezing cold sunrise at Higger Tor in The Peak District.
Love the way the sun dances through the rocks and casts a warm golden glow in the foreground.
All ready for Christmas now, wonder what Santa will bring me, not that I want anything…got the love of a good woman and the loyalty and trust of my Husky “Stormy”
wishing you all a merry Christmas and Healthy New Year