- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Pebble BeachA beautiful sunset from Northumberland complete with sunburst sunset, the Carlsberg of sunset locations I think. New camera comes today so I have a couple of hours setting up and testing to do before I start using it tomorrow in Wales, should be fun, I’ll be venturing into the macro flower market doing a small […]
- Sunset Shower (Avoiding the obvious title)Hhhmmmm, yes I know didn’t want to lower the tone with the title but it is golden I guess, anyway this is from Northumberland last week near Seahouses, it was a fantastic sunset and I spent the whole evening running up and down the coastline to get as many variational shots in as possible. Getting […]
- Bamburgh Poppy SunburstA rather special night at Bamburgh last weekend as the sunset behind the castle and burst over a field of beautiful poppies, very difficult lighting conditions and I had to use several filters to blend the scene right. I love the way the poppy field looks like someone turned a 100watt bulb on in the […]
- Sunset ShoreHey it’s Friday at last, the sun is shining and I’m all packed ready for a weekend away with the Stormster, but where should we go? Northumberland or North Wales? Camera at the ready for some serious seascape sunsets tonight, forecast is spot on, must admit I’m leaning towards the Bamburgh Castle area, had a […]
- That Perfect SunsetI make no excuses for posting what will be at least 10 shots from one evenings shoot, spending 4 1/2 hrs watching the sunset across calm seas is pretty much my perfect way to relax and capturing it is my perfect way of expressing its beauty. I never understand why when you have this on […]
- Mistical SunsetThink the title about sums it up……..another from Embleton Beach, Northumberland, in fact my next 5-10 will be from there such was the evening. I finished up having 4 1/2 hours there so expect quite a few sunset images. For the techies out there who love to know how its done. Canon 1 DS MKII […]
- Northumberland SunsetHi all been a while I know, been so busy lately with one thing and another but I finally managed to get away for an overnight shoot and camp up at Northumberland, I admit I’m smitten with the place now and will have to venture back over the next few months to capture more stunning […]
- Who’d have thought itI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- I Get In Some PlacesI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- Sunset White WashHi all been a while since my last post, been real busy with prints and workshops. Today’s offering is from Anglesey, beautiful sunset rays dance across the night sky as the shoreline rocks are washed with incoming tide. One of my main locations for workshops, I spend many hours just standing waist deep in the […]
- Pebble Beach
Category Archives: Anglesey
been a while since my last post, been real busy with prints and workshops.
Today’s offering is from Anglesey, beautiful sunset rays dance across the night sky as the shoreline rocks are washed with incoming tide. One of my main locations for workshops, I spend many hours just standing waist deep in the sea there watching the sun set, it’s just one of those places.
Next workshop sessions are 15th June onwards and I have a few places left, if you would like to attend on or buy a place for a birthday then please do email me with your preferred date, I’ll try my best to accommodate.
Please do note that my workshops are fully insured and I am ABIPP and ARPS accredited. First Aid Cover, Food and Insured Transport are included with every booking.
I wouldn’t trust anything less
Today’s offering is from my workshop on Anglesey last week, we didn’t have too much sun but when we did it was perfect and testament to the art of the Photographer, we waited and waited until this was the scene. worth it I hope you think.
My workshops www.adrianashworth.co.uk/workshops run all year round and are 1 to 1 or small personal groups of up to 4, I am a fully qualified photographer Associate of the British Institute of Photography (BIPP) as well as an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society (RPS). I am also fully insured as well as being an active team member of Mountain Rescue and a Casualty Carer. This is my full time job not a hobby and as such you receive the very best training and my undivided attention at all times for not only your photography technique but encouragement and well being.
Workshops includes INSURED transport up to 3 locations, lunch (packed) and course material, as well as hands on tuition with my numerous pieces of equipment.
So please ensure before you book a photography course in North Wales that:-
The Photographer is
Insured to transport you.
holds a first aid certificate
Is professionally affiliated to at least LBIPP, LRPS
Is published in a paid environment not a freebie to mags
Above all remember…….being a decent photographer does not mean they can teach and your safety is paramount.
Llanddwyn Island off Anglesey a very spiritual place to visit and a must for photography, a right of passage shot with a twist, using my 10 stop “Big Stopper” to slow down the clouds and give this drag effect in high light. Works well don’t you think?
It was also used for filming in the movie Half Light with Demi Moore, well worth a watch.
We finally pick up the new caravan this Friday and I’ve booked for Coniston already to get some “Lakes” shots to the portfolio added, can’t wait been so long since I got away, should get some lovely walking in too.
Just finished a couple of decent commission shoots for clients, will post some shots later and I have been asked to produce a calendar for 2014 so that should be fun, better get out and get some work done then hadn’t I?
Workshops in Wales now on for April 2013 a few places left, email me for details.
Start of a new week and I passed my Casualty Care exam re sit yesterday, really pleased about it, another string to the bow as it were.
Playing catch up with work too, I have a good few months to make up for landscape wise so will be making tracks very soon for some new locations, think Stormy is ready for some long outings too. In the meantime we’re expecting the new caravan arriving soon so getting really excited about it though the bank balance is suffering a little as we keep buying new stuff to kit it out, it’s never ending.
Anyway it’s Stormy’s looking at me like its long walk time and the sun is shining so I better oblige
A late summer evening at Holyhead standing in the freezing cold breeze, I know it may not look it but yes it was perishing. The wind picks up off the Irish sea and blasts round North Stack and straight into your face, still worth it though especially when it includes my trade mark crystal ball.
Out for a hot curry shortly hopefully that will sort the man flu and sore throat out, then I’m away at Hull tomorrow doing a shoot as long as the weather plays fair, a few conflicting reports on whats happening at the moment ranging from Armageddon to a light shower…..either way I’ll be out somewhere in it with Stormy.
Regarding Stormy, her first scan didn’t show anything but the vet that did it didn’t shave much fur off and Stormy wasn’t as cooperative as she could have been so she’s back there next Monday for the definitive scan, Jo’s going to shave her tums on Sunday and hopefully we’ll get the full picture as it were. She is eating well and I’d say more after the fact she didn’t eat for nearly 3 days, all good signs but it could be a phantom!….will report back Monday.
We spent Wednesday evening at HQ Woodhead MRT putting my pictures up in the Barn for functions, looks really nice, I’ll do some shots next week and post them, thanks to Phil and Les for helping get them up and straight.
I’ll be starting my spring/summer Peaks Photography training and be hosting it at the barn this year, info to follow soon.
Have a great weekend all
after my shocking weekend failing my exam and feeling very low I was uplifted by the support of friends and fellow team members words of encouragement, it’s so easy to make someone feel better with just a few words, we should all try it, and as the saying goes “A man is not finished when he is defeated, he’s finished when he quits” Mr Richard Nixon hhmmm, still it does apply to how I now feel, build a bridge and get over it comes to mind. I now have 3 months more cramming to the re sit and this time I will do it.
Today’s shot from Rhosneigr again, I know but it’s where I’m meant to be, can”t help myself and we have so many friends there. This is probably one of the best storms I have seen there, I got absolutely soaked but I’m sure you’ll agree it was well worth it. I have managed quite a few saleable images out of this shoot and still have a few more to process and upload to the web.
Off on a commission shoot later in the week, weather permitting as its a shoot for the local authority to highlight a walking route so I have to make it look inviting and family friendly, no pressure then!
Stormy had her 1ts scan yesterday and it was -tive for puppies but we have a second scan next week and they could be hiding up under her ribs, so you never know, she’s certainly acting strange but it could be a phantom pregnancy so she’ll need to be kept a close eye on.
Wow a cold and snowy morning here in Yorkshire, stark contrast to the image Peace II name after , well Peace I……well I never professed to be good with titles did I?..lol
Had a busy weekend digging out the drive for the arrival of the new caravan, thanks to Mark Wayne and Dave for your help, much appreciated, no doubt I’ll pay back sooner or later, then yesterday I did a few hours marshaling the Trigger 2013 with teh team and did some shots of the very fit competitors, 20 miles over the Peaks fastest 3hrs 9mins , slowest 6hrs 35mins, with a whole range of ages and abilities but I think we could all agree they are superhuman, the shear guts and determination to overcome the pain that must be involved is incredible. Well done everyone of you. The monies raised goes to WMRT to help us continue our work in helping others in trouble.
Just listening to Genesis “Snowbound” on the radio as I watch the snow gently fall outside my office window, big chucks of white fluff too settling on my garden, Stormy is asleep on the settee, she’ll get a winter walk at lunchtime, the car is staying put today, not worth the hassle, still can’t believe the numpties we saw this morning driving with a 6 inch circle cleared on their windscreen in near darkness too, if the y kill someone, its dangerous driving and thats prison! spend 5 mins and clear all windows properly, how stupid do you have to be!….rant over but its a bug bear of mine.
stay safe and warm
it may not look it but it was a freezing night when I took this sunset, a very icy breeze washing cold sea spray onto my face and hands, can’t beat it!
So so busy today lots to get through and a busy weekend getting the drive ready for the new caravan then Sunday morning doing the shots for our Woodhead MRT Trigger race in The Peaks followed by some more ground works on the drive. Love being busy it makes you appreciate your quiet time more.
hope you all have a great weekend, wrap up warm its going to be a cold one
One from late summer at Rhosneigr, a super storm hit the coast and minutes later me the camera and Stormy were soaking, but as I’m sure you’ll agree it was well worth it. pre and after storms always give some great light and if you’re prepared to venture out in it you stand a good chance of capturing nature at its most ferocious and beautiful.
Again, I’m asked how I do this sort of shot, so I’ll list what and how
Canon 1DS MKII, Lee .9 hard grad, Singh Ray reverse grad .9, f/11, 3s
Photoshop, clean dust and spray off with healing tool, adjust levels, dodge a little of the waves to highlight them and add a tracker watermark……thats it, nothing fancy no smoke and mirrors, if you cant do this without a computer you’re not a photographer.
If you’d like to see it done and more importantly learn how to make it happen why not join one of my courses in 2013, just send me an email with your preferred location, coast or land.
Hey at last I have found a little time to update my blog, been so busy lately, the exhibition at Barnsley Civic Hall starts tomorrow with a private viewing tonight, special thanks to Allan at the printers for a great job under pressure, very pleased with the outcome as the results can vary when transferred to canvass as a print solution….yawn yawn I hear! anyway you get the idea.
Weather is positivity peeing down and the wind is getting up, better dig the bad weather gear out for later when I head out to Mountain Rescue training, saying that we’re in doors doing casualty care so will be nice and warm, especially if I take my hot choccy flask with me…yum and Lisa makes her gorgeous buns, you see its not all running up swamp moors in the snow, wind and rain thats 90 % of it, the rest is boring..lol
Got my invite to do the Rhosneigr Christmas lights this weekend so weather permitting me and Stormy will be heading down to north Wales and camping overnight, first outing for my new little tent so I can’t wait. Be great to catch up with friends too, it seems ages as we had the van stolen, but lets not dwell on that one, it’s sorted now.
Piccy for the Chronicle tomorrow morning re the exhibition, if you can find time I’d love for people to let me know what they think, it runs 22nd Nov until 4th Jan 2013, if you’re going I’ll shout you a coffee..