- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Elgol GoPLEASE SHARE Morning all Wet and windy Wednesday here in Yorkshire….so I thought a nice wet and windy shot from Skye would be in order. This one from Elgol looking across to the Cuillin range, Elgol is on the shores of Loch Scavaig towards the end of the Strathaird peninsula. This was the scene of […]
- Old Man of Storr SunriseWalking up to The Old Man of Storr on the beautiful Isle of Skye I had to take my now usual “fat boy” stop to catch my breath and as I turned to look back this is the view I was greeted with. Very Gothic in its appearance The Storr forms an imposing feature overlooking […]
- Elgol Sunset SwirlPLEASE SHARE Happy Monday all, sun is shining and what a sunrise it was, pity I went to the gym after pooch walking otherwise I’d have been in The Peaks for a toggging session, yes I said Togging! thats before Pon says anything. Another from Skye, Elgol looking across to The Cuillins as the […]
- The Quiraing pt2PLEASE SHARE Well it’s Friday at least and i thought I’d round the week off with pt2 of The Quiraing. After a brief drive from Uig we were greeted with the Quiraing bathed in this beautiful morning light, after making a right turn from the main road and passing the cemetery there is a car […]
- The Quiraing pt1 – or Middle Earth!PLEASE SHARE The Quiraing – various pronunciations, non better than a local but I couldn’t understand anything then it’s a little like Kerrang you know the rock music channel/mag. On our second morning we were heading from our overnight camp at Uig on the West coast of Skye across to Climb the Old Man of […]
- Neist Point – The most Westerly point on the Isle of Skye, Moonen Bay to Waterstein HeadPLEASE SHARE Todays image still from Skye is a classic view of Neist Point, definitely stood in tripod holes from other photographers and I make no excuses for this as 2″ in front of me was a few hundred feet drop onto the rocks below. But as the book is based on classic UK shots […]
- Fairy PoolPLEASE SHARE Second shot of the Skye series, the wondrous Fairy Pools with their beautiful tinted waters, gentle cascading falls and other worldly backdrop……. Hmmm what they fail to tell you is that they are darn near impossible to find, getting their would entail getting absolutely soaked battling gale force winds and sleet like rain […]
- Elgol To The CuillinsPLEASE SHARE Morning all had a very busy and eventful weekend away on the Isle of Skye doing the book shoot North West start. Chris and myself set off at 2am Friday and drove the 450miles northwards, fast forward 9 hours and we were at our first stop, this being the Fairy Pools (picture to […]
- Bend With The Breeze & Friday Shout OutAh the weekend and what a week it’s been, firstly a massive thank you for the print sales 11, so special thanks to Keith and Kerry Buckley and Karen Fisher and 3 others, always very much appreciated. The Puppy Christmas cards have hit the ground running to 16 sets sold this week, big thanks to […]
- Glencoe Autumn MorningFeel Free To Share – may brighten up a friends day A quick upload today from my Glencoe trip, taken whilst out for a walk to the chip shop (I know how to live. lol) this late morning shot from looking down the estuary with Loch Leven behind me. The weather didn’t last too long […]
- Elgol Go
Category Archives: Anglesey
Share Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print
Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, little so and so’s.
So that’s our weekend sorted, is anyone up to anything better?, figure that will be everyone reading this.
Today’s image is from Anglesey, where else! and is of St Cywfans Church, a beautiful secluded bay that never seems to disappoint. Becoming a fave place of our to wind down after a hard day walking the pups, especially lovely to see the sun go down and calm seas.
wishing you all a lovely weekend, unfortunately Monday will be here all too soon
One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses.
The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my work and their wonderful music together, have to say I’m excited about hearing the new album soon, release date 21st November.
You can find out all about the group on their official website PRESS HERE may even be a couple of my pictures on there too for their promo work. Great vid of Gunrunning, well worth a listen.
Still sorting Christmas cards out at the moment, hopefully have them all finalised by the end of the week.
nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see the fluff ball as she’s been blowing her coat for the last month and driving us mad with wooly fur everywhere, 3rd hoover this year, nothing lasts with a husky!
Another shot from Llanddwyn Island, this time using my Lee Big Stopper filter to gain some cloud drag, shot was midday so it would only allow 30secs at f/22, worked quite well though didn’t it.
and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk.
Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet humid for haze, and that RED moon was the icing on the cake, wonderful, just couldn’t believe my luck, helped by Dave with the torch and smoke machine, impossible without his help.
Barclodiad Y Gawres – History
Barclodiad Y Gawres burial chamber is a restored chambered cairn, and dates from 3000BC. It is the largest of the chambered tombs of Wales. It is dramatically situated on a headland to the north of Porth Trecastell (Cable Bay) on the west coast of Anglesey. The site has been extensively restored with a new stone wall supporting a concrete roof covered in turf.
The name translates into English as the Giantess’s Apronful.
This image is for sale on the website www.adrianashworth.co.uk/wales
My workshops are aimed at both amateur and professionals wishing to expand their repertoire , they are run on a very relaxed pace and the days tuition will see you gain an unrivalled understanding of not only your capabilities but to view the world around you in a completely different way. I am fully insured, qualified to ABIPP and and experience hill adventurer. www.adrianashworth.co.uk/workshops.
After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work then Ten are the band for you. I am now their official photographer and will be doing other shoots in the near future, their new album “Albion” is due for release November 2014 I believe, can’t wait.
Finally managed to get round to processing my shots from Anglesey 2 weeks ago, this one is of South Stack lighthouse at sunset.
You’ll notice my trademark crystal pyramid but more importantly the misty smoke coming in from the right. I have used this on countless shots and it also played a major role in the Ten shoot (pictures will be available after album launch, and sale to huge worldwide fan base), anyway my smoke machine is a Tiny CX and was supplied by http://www.smokemachines.net if you ask for Ben he’ll help you out, mention me and you’ll get a discount. Very friendly company and his advice and knowledge of the product is fantastic, he not only saved me money but from buying the completely wrong model…..you tube doesn’t tell you everything lol
busy week ahead with 2 more shoots booked and prints to organise for an office environment…..
have a great weekend all
Quick update and shot tonight…….
Just got back from a great 2 week hols come shoot /work on Anglesey and I’m back there tomorrow for a shoot with Rock Band Ten, really excited as I have followed them for many years….real pleasure day for me, saying that its taken all yesterday and up to 4pm today to get all the kit ready and tested. Good to have the assistance and company of Chris Philips with me too tomorrow, a talented photographer expanding his repertoire.
Will post an update later but the shots will have to wait until after the albums release and subsequent sale by Ten on line.
What fantastic weather, makes such a change doesn’t it?. Had a great early start to the weekend, managed to get all my jobs cleared including cleaning the car, grass cut and dogs walked, just had a lovely training session with the pups and I’m now getting my kit ready for a nice commission walk tomorrow in The Peaks 25km so it should get my knee working overtime nicely and it’ll be good to get the recce shots for the video done along with some good company. Stormy is coming for a stroll in her case but the pups aren’t quite ready yet, their little bones need 12 months really before they can handle this mountain walking malarkey.
Route for tomorrow is Bamford Moor circular starting at the station, early start as I need to be back for the afternoon and puppy training and a walkie, like I’ll need one lol, was going to take full kit but I just weighed my gear and its 28kg without food which isn’t probably going to be that good for the old knee so its just the 1DX and GoPro for this session.
Get ready for loads of shots, have a fab weekend all
sometimes it’s not about the composition
sometimes it’s not about the light
sometimes it’s not about the colour
sometimes it’s not about the location
sometimes it’s not about the weather
sometimes it’s not about the company
SOMETIMES it’s about feeling one step closer to someone you thought you’d lost……. why not tell someone you love them while you have the chance.
have a great weekend all
well the rain has returned with a vengeance, such a shame as we had a weekend away planned with the puppies, may have to make do with a day at the beach, they do love a run on the sands bless em.
This shot from my very spiritual place on Anglesey, spent all evening waiting for the Seal to show itself and it didn’t disappoint, I like to think she /he waits for me to arrive…..well its a thought anyway.
Please don’t forget my Landscape / Seascape photography courses run all year round.
I am Insured and Qualified to ABIPP and ARPS standard.
Your day will include transport from the initial meeting place, lunch and course paperwork.
Courses are run on a 1 on 1 or small group basis and are tailored to suit all your needs. Locations can be requested throughout the UK as can dates. Click Contact and request your preferred dates and location.
On the day you will receive expert guidance at a professional but relaxed pace and leave inspired and capable to realise your photography aspirations. Your day will be about you, I don’t take pictures myself so you receive 100% guidance for the whole time with me. BEWARE some amateurs treat your day out as a photo opportunity for themselves…a big NO NO to us pro’s
Choose wisely and any questions or advise please do get in touch and ask