- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- With An Added TouchHappy Easter all don’t be eating too much chocolate will you, wish I could, this darn diet forbids it lol, still the weight is coming off nicely so I’ll stick at it. I don’t usually edit anything other than levels, saturation and dust spots on my shots but I thought this would look nice with […]
- Porth Y Post RaysEvening all hope you are all well and enjoying this brief spell of sunshine, must admit its a great change for us photographers to be able to plan ahead for a change, by that I mean next day lol… Just got back from Wales where I did a workshop on my adopted home […]
- Coniston Spring – UpdateMorning all been a while since my last blog, apologies we have had so much on not only with the puppies who are doing fantastically but commercial shoots too has taken off, our time has been kept to a premium and its now catch up time now the puppies are old enough to get out […]
- LakesBit of blast from last year hopefully be back there real soon once the puppies are ready, it is of course Coniston with snow capped peaks. It was as you can see a particularly calm day with no breeze at all, perfect for this type of shot. The shot below is from Castlerigg, the ancient […]
- Castle WreckMorning all one from a few months ago now, Bamburgh Castle shot from the beach with the mysterious wreck foreground. When I got to it there were two guys digging round it trying to gather as much info as possible about the wreck, it’s believed to date to the late 18th century and would have […]
- Angelsey Storms – Me and My Big BlogHappy Monday morning all, Wow what a weekend of weather, it dominates the news every time I turn on the TV, we spent the best part of yesterday storm chasing on Anglesey to get some flood shots, we weren’t disappointed. Beaumaris shops with sandbags outside and we never made it to Penmon the road was […]
- Bamburgh Castle SunsetHappy New Year to all it goes without saying I wish you much health and happiness so I’ll save all the sentiments etc etc. Thought I’d start this year off with a little winter warmer from Northumberland more importantly Bamburgh Castle bathed in a glorious sunset shower. Bamburgh Castle has the power to draw you […]
- Been A WhileMorning all mist Inversion in The Peaks. apologies for my lack of posts lately, it’s been rather hectic, especially with the arrival of our Husky puppies to mummy Stormy, they are absolutely the cutest of dogs and Stormy is an amazing mother, we can’t believe how attentive she is and it’s all on instinct. […]
- Ynys LlanddwynYnys Llanddwyn Is now on the site for sale in various sizes, inbox me if you need canvass or foam board versions, all signed work. Max size is 8′ x 4′ foam board. http://www.adrianashworth.co.uk/gallery/wales/ No 152 Adrian
- To The PointA very good Friday morning all. Been a while since my last post, what with 2 operations, workload and planning the book for next year I’ve had little time for anything else. This week has seen me on 2 commissions and I have also sorted several prints for clients abroad…at least there will be food […]
- With An Added Touch
Category Archives: Anglesey
don’t be eating too much chocolate will you, wish I could, this darn diet forbids it lol, still the weight is coming off nicely so I’ll stick at it.
I don’t usually edit anything other than levels, saturation and dust spots on my shots but I thought this would look nice with a lens flare right of the horizon, edited flares can be a little too perfect as software generally can lose the emotional feel of reality but it makes for an interesting shot at least. Already sold a copy so I pleased with that.
Out with the Husky pack later, Stormy is doing well after being spayed, getting back to her old mischievous self, we’re so pleased she’s ok, was quite worried after she had it done as she went very quiet which just isn’t her, anyhow she’s eating and having a little walk which is all good.
hope you are all well and enjoying this brief spell of sunshine, must admit its a great change for us photographers to be able to plan ahead for a change, by that I mean next day lol…
Just got back from Wales where I did a workshop on my adopted home of Anglesey, was lovely to bump into friends there too, always made to feel welcome. One of my FB friends came through to meet us as well, what a wonderful surprise it was, especially as she is a wonderful caring lady and we bagged an invite for a BBQ in the summer, can’t wait.
Did this shot as a demo for my workshop and it was a pretty short lived sunset approx 15 mins, and I used 3 filters to demonstrate that the majority of my work is done at sea s it were. Photoshop is for tidying up and adjusting levels and removing the odd coke can!
Stormy has been spayed today and is back home from the vets looking extremely sorry for herself, she need lots of cuddles and the puppies are being cautious round her apart from Thunder who seems to be protecting her, he’s a little star.
Workshops available over the summer, check on-line for availability.
Happy Monday morning all, Wow what a weekend of weather, it dominates the news every time I turn on the TV, we spent the best part of yesterday storm chasing on Anglesey to get some flood shots, we weren’t disappointed. Beaumaris shops with sandbags outside and we never made it to Penmon the road was flooded
As we moved around the coast back towards to safety of the cars we came across a group of surfers, yup, out surfing in this, they obviously knew what they were doing but as an old time surfer and wind surfer myself I wouldn’t have risked it, very unpredictable, though I guess that’s the excitement of it all!, anyway I managed to snap a shot of one of the guys waiting for “that wave” luckily for him it wasn’t the one in the background.
We made it home safely though my back was bad and still is this morning. Bit of a rest day today apart from taking Christmas Puppy Pics..
Final Pic courtesy Barney Delaney Photography
Been a while since my last post, what with 2 operations, workload and planning the book for next year I’ve had little time for anything else. This week has seen me on 2 commissions and I have also sorted several prints for clients abroad…at least there will be food on the table this week.
I’ve noticed recently that I am asked and expected to provide for free all my services form different walks of life, charities, friends and loads of companies saying “can we use, we’ll credit you with the shot”, “really, will you” I said “thats because its my work” where do people get off with this cheek? my kit and craft owe me in excess of £50k, it has to pay so unfortunately I have decided to call a halt to the freebie brigade.
“can you just take your logo off ”
“we’ll credit you as photographer” etc etc
From now on anything with the Queens head on that inst a stamp and can buy other goods is all I’m going to accept.
New start for us now, on with the book, plans are being drawn on locations and costings being made, aiming for a Christmas 2014 launch, 2 books are hopefully going to be done, “Peak District” and my national collection.
Wish me as it’s a passion that will see me missing out on loads of other stuff for a year.
have a great weekend all
The start of a very busy week for me today, just got back from Birmingham with Stormy, she’s been for her 2nd mating session with Echo the very handsome husky, his eyes are the opposite way round to Stormy’s, stunning. Tomorrow I have a fantastic commission, I’ll be up near Carnforth and Ingleton, cant wait.
Tuesday is ‘D’ Day for my shoulder, 2 ops in 1, Bankart Lesion Repair and Rotator Cuff Repair, I am very much NOT looking forward to this one, I’ll be out of action for approx 6-12 weeks depending on how bad it is when the surgeon gets started. Will keep you posted, at least it will give me time to get on with the book and planning trips for year end and next spring/summer.
Today’s image is from St Cwyfan and beautiful location on Anglesey, I’ll be heading back there in November for another shoot, I was lucky enough to have this stunning spot to myself and the sky didn’t disappoint.
have a great week all
Back in Yorkshire after a fabulous working holiday in North Wales, the weather played pretty fair apart from the workshops when it persisted down all day every time! but when you’re given lemons and all that plus the company was great so made for enjoyable sessions.
having luck but bad luck….. 3 days from trading in our caravan for our brand new motorhome and I decide to take a wall out with the rear end in Wales….not a happy camper!, Caravan Numpty comes to mind I just didn’t think about my left turn when a guy blocked my usual exit with himself and his two dogs…….really grateful to Rhian and Alwyn whose wall I demolished, they were great and have offered to rebuild it without me having to pay, so I owe then a huge thank you plus a picture of their choice next time I’m down.
Hopefully all will go well tomorrow with the collection of the new van…I’ll report back
Another shot from North Wales with my trusty crystal ball, a beautiful sunset and or course that gorgeous sea
can’t wait as I’ll be stood here tomorrow for my summer workshops programme, North Wales and Anglesey at its best, 5 minutes later there was an almighty storm, just managed to pack up in time and cover my cameras. There’s a lot to be said for heading out just before a storm, you get the most dramatic skies and nature at it most magical.
3 workshops to run up in Snowdonia and Anglesey, really looking forward to making some new friends with lots in common, Team Ashworth is coming along nicely with a steadily growing gang. Thanks guys.
If you see me and Stormy on Anglesey, do come along and say hello, Stormy gives great kisses for treats.
We have with PWCGwynedd on the 7th September a great Jet Ski event from Blackthorn Farm, really looking forward to catching up with the guys and doing the shots for the website, hope the weather delivers guys…..I’ll be the idiot stood chest deep in the sea while you fly past me!
great song attached, goes nicely with the image. Pink Floyd – Marooned
this weeks seems to have dragged by so slowly for me, basically sitting doing physio exercises isn’t my type of fun, it has however given me time to catch up with some processing and this shot is from a few weeks ago on Anglesey, titled “Four Crowns Tractor” can you spot them?
My Leg is improving every day but it’s still early days, my Patella ligament is painful when I walk and as for going down hill, don’t ask, agony. I’m probably trying to do too much too soon, but I’m not one for sitting around and having the misfortune of turning TV on and seeing “Jeremy Kyle” for 30 seconds or as fast as I could skip the channel I’d happily rid him for the world, what a disgusting little creature he is.
Jo has suggested I write a book, “People I Hate and Why” what a great idea hey? certainly get more in it than people I like lol, i honestly don’t think I would have the time or page space to include all those currently in my sites, sad I know but it’s not a festering hate and hate is probably too strong a word, let’s say people who I haven’t the time for….ah better and breath!
Be as well standing in the sea or up a mountain somewhere with Stormy and my camera. Speaking of Stormy she’s well overdue her season and her visits to “Echo” in Bilston, Birmingham, come on Stormy get a move on, we want puppies.
Have a great weekend all