- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Glencoe Autumn MorningFeel Free To Share – may brighten up a friends day A quick upload today from my Glencoe trip, taken whilst out for a walk to the chip shop (I know how to live. lol) this late morning shot from looking down the estuary with Loch Leven behind me. The weather didn’t last too long […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr – Blue MistMonday morning and why not start with the blues…… This one from Glen Etive standing waist deep in very cold very fast flowing water looking up at the Buckle shrouded in the blue tint of mist to the left, not a place to spend too much time and I was out and getting dried off […]
- Curbar Edge InversionEvening all just a quick update from Curbar Edge where they have a mist inversion near enough every day, well worth a trip out if you’re into mist and scenic views, especially now we’re moving into the colder end of the year. A quick apology to anyone that has anything -tive from me on Youtube […]
- OK So I’m Not Perfect, Who’d Have Thought It?Feel Free to Share Autumn is here with a blast, brrrr, wind and rain and it’s set to stay a while now, will have to start getting my wet gear out now for the season. Today’s shot just to show I make mistakes too and plenty of em believe me…BUT I do like the […]
- St Cwyfans Church Anglesey Sunset RaysShare Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, […]
- Albion – Wild HorsesMorning all One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses. The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my […]
- Big Stopper – Llanddwyn IslandHi all nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see […]
- Llanddwyn IslandJust a quick piccy for some friends and one whose birthday it is today. Cheers fellas
- Barclodiad Y Gawres – ArmageddonFEEL FREE TO SHARE Morning all and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk. Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet […]
- Back Down To Earth – On With The Day JobA very happy Friday all, After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work […]
- Glencoe Autumn Morning
Category Archives: Anglesey
Share Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print
Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, little so and so’s.
So that’s our weekend sorted, is anyone up to anything better?, figure that will be everyone reading this.
Today’s image is from Anglesey, where else! and is of St Cywfans Church, a beautiful secluded bay that never seems to disappoint. Becoming a fave place of our to wind down after a hard day walking the pups, especially lovely to see the sun go down and calm seas.
wishing you all a lovely weekend, unfortunately Monday will be here all too soon
One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses.
The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my work and their wonderful music together, have to say I’m excited about hearing the new album soon, release date 21st November.
You can find out all about the group on their official website PRESS HERE may even be a couple of my pictures on there too for their promo work. Great vid of Gunrunning, well worth a listen.
Still sorting Christmas cards out at the moment, hopefully have them all finalised by the end of the week.
nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see the fluff ball as she’s been blowing her coat for the last month and driving us mad with wooly fur everywhere, 3rd hoover this year, nothing lasts with a husky!
Another shot from Llanddwyn Island, this time using my Lee Big Stopper filter to gain some cloud drag, shot was midday so it would only allow 30secs at f/22, worked quite well though didn’t it.
and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk.
Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet humid for haze, and that RED moon was the icing on the cake, wonderful, just couldn’t believe my luck, helped by Dave with the torch and smoke machine, impossible without his help.
Barclodiad Y Gawres – History
Barclodiad Y Gawres burial chamber is a restored chambered cairn, and dates from 3000BC. It is the largest of the chambered tombs of Wales. It is dramatically situated on a headland to the north of Porth Trecastell (Cable Bay) on the west coast of Anglesey. The site has been extensively restored with a new stone wall supporting a concrete roof covered in turf.
The name translates into English as the Giantess’s Apronful.
This image is for sale on the website www.adrianashworth.co.uk/wales
My workshops are aimed at both amateur and professionals wishing to expand their repertoire , they are run on a very relaxed pace and the days tuition will see you gain an unrivalled understanding of not only your capabilities but to view the world around you in a completely different way. I am fully insured, qualified to ABIPP and and experience hill adventurer. www.adrianashworth.co.uk/workshops.
After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work then Ten are the band for you. I am now their official photographer and will be doing other shoots in the near future, their new album “Albion” is due for release November 2014 I believe, can’t wait.
Finally managed to get round to processing my shots from Anglesey 2 weeks ago, this one is of South Stack lighthouse at sunset.
You’ll notice my trademark crystal pyramid but more importantly the misty smoke coming in from the right. I have used this on countless shots and it also played a major role in the Ten shoot (pictures will be available after album launch, and sale to huge worldwide fan base), anyway my smoke machine is a Tiny CX and was supplied by http://www.smokemachines.net if you ask for Ben he’ll help you out, mention me and you’ll get a discount. Very friendly company and his advice and knowledge of the product is fantastic, he not only saved me money but from buying the completely wrong model…..you tube doesn’t tell you everything lol
busy week ahead with 2 more shoots booked and prints to organise for an office environment…..
have a great weekend all
Quick update and shot tonight…….
Just got back from a great 2 week hols come shoot /work on Anglesey and I’m back there tomorrow for a shoot with Rock Band Ten, really excited as I have followed them for many years….real pleasure day for me, saying that its taken all yesterday and up to 4pm today to get all the kit ready and tested. Good to have the assistance and company of Chris Philips with me too tomorrow, a talented photographer expanding his repertoire.
Will post an update later but the shots will have to wait until after the albums release and subsequent sale by Ten on line.
What fantastic weather, makes such a change doesn’t it?. Had a great early start to the weekend, managed to get all my jobs cleared including cleaning the car, grass cut and dogs walked, just had a lovely training session with the pups and I’m now getting my kit ready for a nice commission walk tomorrow in The Peaks 25km so it should get my knee working overtime nicely and it’ll be good to get the recce shots for the video done along with some good company. Stormy is coming for a stroll in her case but the pups aren’t quite ready yet, their little bones need 12 months really before they can handle this mountain walking malarkey.
Route for tomorrow is Bamford Moor circular starting at the station, early start as I need to be back for the afternoon and puppy training and a walkie, like I’ll need one lol, was going to take full kit but I just weighed my gear and its 28kg without food which isn’t probably going to be that good for the old knee so its just the 1DX and GoPro for this session.
Get ready for loads of shots, have a fab weekend all
sometimes it’s not about the composition
sometimes it’s not about the light
sometimes it’s not about the colour
sometimes it’s not about the location
sometimes it’s not about the weather
sometimes it’s not about the company
SOMETIMES it’s about feeling one step closer to someone you thought you’d lost……. why not tell someone you love them while you have the chance.
have a great weekend all
well the rain has returned with a vengeance, such a shame as we had a weekend away planned with the puppies, may have to make do with a day at the beach, they do love a run on the sands bless em.
This shot from my very spiritual place on Anglesey, spent all evening waiting for the Seal to show itself and it didn’t disappoint, I like to think she /he waits for me to arrive…..well its a thought anyway.
Please don’t forget my Landscape / Seascape photography courses run all year round.
I am Insured and Qualified to ABIPP and ARPS standard.
Your day will include transport from the initial meeting place, lunch and course paperwork.
Courses are run on a 1 on 1 or small group basis and are tailored to suit all your needs. Locations can be requested throughout the UK as can dates. Click Contact and request your preferred dates and location.
On the day you will receive expert guidance at a professional but relaxed pace and leave inspired and capable to realise your photography aspirations. Your day will be about you, I don’t take pictures myself so you receive 100% guidance for the whole time with me. BEWARE some amateurs treat your day out as a photo opportunity for themselves…a big NO NO to us pro’s
Choose wisely and any questions or advise please do get in touch and ask