August 2014 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Fellow of the British Institute of Professional PhotographyMorning all, long day yesterday getting images ready for my Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photography pre assessment on the 19th August, I’ve set aside 3 days to choose 40-50 images that will compile a broad spectrum of my genre and capabilities, I’ll be going for landscape and Commercial FBIPP. The BIPP as […]
- The Kelpies – FalkirkPlease Like And Share On Face Book With All Your Friends. Finally got round to processing the images from Falkirk. It was a rainy day when we arrived at Helix Park but pretty much as soon as we parked up (FREE) the sun came through and didn’t disappoint, entrance again is FREE and helpful staff […]
- The Old RoperyA wonderful Monday to you all, the sun is shining here in Yorkshire. My day has just been made all the better after having an enormous compliment from a friend , really made my day and I’m sure you will be wonderful at what ever you decide is a new career for you. Made me […]
- A Room With A ViewPLEASE LIKE AND SHARE WITH YOUR FACE BOOK FRIENDS The Old Ropery at Sandend – Aberdeenshire Afternoon all, is it warm enough for you? fantastic for us, not so for our little furry friends, having 4 huskies at times can be a little difficult especially when you have to have to air con units […]
- East Lothian Corn Field SunsetA very good Sunday morning all. Our week long trip saw us start at Rosemarkie to photograph the dolphins and they didn’t disappoint, followed by an overnight at Dunnet Head with its wonderful beaches, then John O Groats for the standard photo then on down to Portnockie to picture the Bow and Fiddle, overnight at […]
- Going Nowhere FastRecce shot of the Island Queen at Tayinloan, Kintyre As the title suggests it’s going nowhere fast apart from decaying into the oblivion of the sands. A couple of new toys coming today, first a Lowepro Sport AW200 rucksack, so if you see a big lad with a bright orange rucksack and huge lens […]
- Before And After PhotoshopI printed off the final image for myself and my brother came round and saw it “photoshopped” he said, cheeky so and so. Anyway I thought I’d show the original and final image. Now I admit to being a heavy user of filters it’s my speciality when training in my workshops, its all about completing […]
- Groynes to JuraNot sure if the title sounded rude or not…..let you decide but it is what it is Groynes pointing the way the mountainous range at Jura. Taken on yet another glorious day at Tayinloan Kintyre, what a place. Update for the weekend, doing pictures for Dearne FM of the Tour De France, it very slightly […]
- Looking Out To SeaIF YOU LIKE IT PLEASE SHARE IT A very sunny good morning to you all, woke up to a beautiful sunrise so took the pooches out bright and early, pre the usual hoards of dog walkers and school kids tramping the streets. Sets you up for the day ahead with clear and decisive thoughts, […]
- Deserted Island QueenEvening all, oohhh Dixon of Dock Green…….yes yes I know “who” I sort of remember it I think but then again I have listened to the David Tennant remakes on Radio 4 Extra, hope that settles that one…phew!! think i got away with it. Anyhoo, todays is yes a portrait landscape, I don’t do […]
- Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photography
Category Archives: Anglesey
What fantastic weather, makes such a change doesn’t it?. Had a great early start to the weekend, managed to get all my jobs cleared including cleaning the car, grass cut and dogs walked, just had a lovely training session with the pups and I’m now getting my kit ready for a nice commission walk tomorrow in The Peaks 25km so it should get my knee working overtime nicely and it’ll be good to get the recce shots for the video done along with some good company. Stormy is coming for a stroll in her case but the pups aren’t quite ready yet, their little bones need 12 months really before they can handle this mountain walking malarkey.
Route for tomorrow is Bamford Moor circular starting at the station, early start as I need to be back for the afternoon and puppy training and a walkie, like I’ll need one lol, was going to take full kit but I just weighed my gear and its 28kg without food which isn’t probably going to be that good for the old knee so its just the 1DX and GoPro for this session.
Get ready for loads of shots, have a fab weekend all
sometimes it’s not about the composition
sometimes it’s not about the light
sometimes it’s not about the colour
sometimes it’s not about the location
sometimes it’s not about the weather
sometimes it’s not about the company
SOMETIMES it’s about feeling one step closer to someone you thought you’d lost……. why not tell someone you love them while you have the chance.
have a great weekend all
well the rain has returned with a vengeance, such a shame as we had a weekend away planned with the puppies, may have to make do with a day at the beach, they do love a run on the sands bless em.
This shot from my very spiritual place on Anglesey, spent all evening waiting for the Seal to show itself and it didn’t disappoint, I like to think she /he waits for me to arrive…..well its a thought anyway.
Please don’t forget my Landscape / Seascape photography courses run all year round.
I am Insured and Qualified to ABIPP and ARPS standard.
Your day will include transport from the initial meeting place, lunch and course paperwork.
Courses are run on a 1 on 1 or small group basis and are tailored to suit all your needs. Locations can be requested throughout the UK as can dates. Click Contact and request your preferred dates and location.
On the day you will receive expert guidance at a professional but relaxed pace and leave inspired and capable to realise your photography aspirations. Your day will be about you, I don’t take pictures myself so you receive 100% guidance for the whole time with me. BEWARE some amateurs treat your day out as a photo opportunity for themselves…a big NO NO to us pro’s
Choose wisely and any questions or advise please do get in touch and ask
A very special sunset, oh yes you know when it’s right and this was no exception, using just one filter to balance the horizon light it came out 99% like this, slight adjustment on tone but thats it…love it and I loved even more standing in the sea taking it.
Don’t forget I run courses all year round at pretty much any location you choose in the UK, 1 on 1′s are a very special day in which I take you to the higher level of not only emotion through the lens but technique too, you come away enlightened and ready for a new dawn in your photography.
My courses are insured, include travel and lunch where required, you have tailored reading material .
Requirements for the day but not necessary if you have to buy them as I have spares.
Good Walking Shoes
Change Of Socks/Trousers
Courses are tailored to your needs and requirements, email me for more info, special prices for groups and OAP’s
don’t be eating too much chocolate will you, wish I could, this darn diet forbids it lol, still the weight is coming off nicely so I’ll stick at it.
I don’t usually edit anything other than levels, saturation and dust spots on my shots but I thought this would look nice with a lens flare right of the horizon, edited flares can be a little too perfect as software generally can lose the emotional feel of reality but it makes for an interesting shot at least. Already sold a copy so I pleased with that.
Out with the Husky pack later, Stormy is doing well after being spayed, getting back to her old mischievous self, we’re so pleased she’s ok, was quite worried after she had it done as she went very quiet which just isn’t her, anyhow she’s eating and having a little walk which is all good.
hope you are all well and enjoying this brief spell of sunshine, must admit its a great change for us photographers to be able to plan ahead for a change, by that I mean next day lol…
Just got back from Wales where I did a workshop on my adopted home of Anglesey, was lovely to bump into friends there too, always made to feel welcome. One of my FB friends came through to meet us as well, what a wonderful surprise it was, especially as she is a wonderful caring lady and we bagged an invite for a BBQ in the summer, can’t wait.
Did this shot as a demo for my workshop and it was a pretty short lived sunset approx 15 mins, and I used 3 filters to demonstrate that the majority of my work is done at sea s it were. Photoshop is for tidying up and adjusting levels and removing the odd coke can!
Stormy has been spayed today and is back home from the vets looking extremely sorry for herself, she need lots of cuddles and the puppies are being cautious round her apart from Thunder who seems to be protecting her, he’s a little star.
Workshops available over the summer, check on-line for availability.
Happy Monday morning all, Wow what a weekend of weather, it dominates the news every time I turn on the TV, we spent the best part of yesterday storm chasing on Anglesey to get some flood shots, we weren’t disappointed. Beaumaris shops with sandbags outside and we never made it to Penmon the road was flooded
As we moved around the coast back towards to safety of the cars we came across a group of surfers, yup, out surfing in this, they obviously knew what they were doing but as an old time surfer and wind surfer myself I wouldn’t have risked it, very unpredictable, though I guess that’s the excitement of it all!, anyway I managed to snap a shot of one of the guys waiting for “that wave” luckily for him it wasn’t the one in the background.
We made it home safely though my back was bad and still is this morning. Bit of a rest day today apart from taking Christmas Puppy Pics..
Final Pic courtesy Barney Delaney Photography
Been a while since my last post, what with 2 operations, workload and planning the book for next year I’ve had little time for anything else. This week has seen me on 2 commissions and I have also sorted several prints for clients abroad…at least there will be food on the table this week.
I’ve noticed recently that I am asked and expected to provide for free all my services form different walks of life, charities, friends and loads of companies saying “can we use, we’ll credit you with the shot”, “really, will you” I said “thats because its my work” where do people get off with this cheek? my kit and craft owe me in excess of £50k, it has to pay so unfortunately I have decided to call a halt to the freebie brigade.
“can you just take your logo off ”
“we’ll credit you as photographer” etc etc
From now on anything with the Queens head on that inst a stamp and can buy other goods is all I’m going to accept.
New start for us now, on with the book, plans are being drawn on locations and costings being made, aiming for a Christmas 2014 launch, 2 books are hopefully going to be done, “Peak District” and my national collection.
Wish me as it’s a passion that will see me missing out on loads of other stuff for a year.
have a great weekend all
The start of a very busy week for me today, just got back from Birmingham with Stormy, she’s been for her 2nd mating session with Echo the very handsome husky, his eyes are the opposite way round to Stormy’s, stunning. Tomorrow I have a fantastic commission, I’ll be up near Carnforth and Ingleton, cant wait.
Tuesday is ‘D’ Day for my shoulder, 2 ops in 1, Bankart Lesion Repair and Rotator Cuff Repair, I am very much NOT looking forward to this one, I’ll be out of action for approx 6-12 weeks depending on how bad it is when the surgeon gets started. Will keep you posted, at least it will give me time to get on with the book and planning trips for year end and next spring/summer.
Today’s image is from St Cwyfan and beautiful location on Anglesey, I’ll be heading back there in November for another shoot, I was lucky enough to have this stunning spot to myself and the sky didn’t disappoint.
have a great week all