Subscribe to Blog via Email
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- KnockbrexNice to see the weekend is here and the sun is shining, great weekend planned with a lovely dog walk tomorrow and CFR training on Sunday, really looking forward to being qualified and out there helping my community. Today’s image is from Knockbrex Priapic Pillars, a must on the photographers places to visit list. It’s […]
- Threave CastleThreave Castle is situated on an island in the River Dee, 2.5 km west of Castle Douglas in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. It was the home of ‘Black’ Douglas Earls of Douglas from the late 14th century until their fall in 1455. Threave Castle’s rectangular keep is 21 m (69 ft), or 5 storeys high, and 18.4 […]
- Heather With A Tilt ShiftHi all apologies for not posting this week, been one of those weeks where I juts haven’t had time for the nicer things in life. One major headache has been the new accounts system, I’ve been using an old desktop version of quickbooks for 10 years now so I decided I’d update this to the […]
- Eclipse 2015Hi all I’m afraid the weather here in Yorkshire didn’t play fair today and we had intermittent heavy cloud which obscured the eclipse totally at times, so here is my modest effort hand held 70-200. Seen some wonderful efforts from Norway, obviously the place to be unless you don’t like polar bears who I might […]
- Buoy and Boat SunsetHi all very quick update as I’m busy busty with commission work at the moment, running all over the place. I’ll post info later. This one from a recent trip to Anglesey, beautiful sunset at Rhosneigr, love the warmth of the sun glowing through the buoy. Saying that it was freezing!! Anyway […]
- FBIPP – A Fellow At LastHi all Fantastic news to give. I have been awarded the Fellowship status to the British Institute of Professional Photographers, their highest award and is attainable for distinguished and exceptional ability and creativity so I’m extremely honoured to have reached this level. Though this may be the top level it by no means means I’ll […]
- The Magical WoodHi all had a great weekend filming topped off by a long drive to Hertfordshire on Sunday to do an event shoot for Woodland Trust and Disney. The Magical Wood is the largest new native forest in England with some 15,000 new trees being planted. The partnership between the Woodland Trust and Disney celebrated its […]
- Apocalypse CompletedWell she’s finally completed after a while in Photoshop, must admit I really enjoyed doing this, just need a real life woman now……I know they all say that lol She started out as this. Then went to this. Good fun all the same Adrian
- Apocalypse FashionApocalypse Fashion Perhaps one day, you never know especially with the way the world is going….lets hope not Today’s image is courtesy of being awake with ideas buzzing round my head since 3:20. Since Jo was unavailable and wouldn’t do it for a gold pig anyway I had to dig old Jenna Jameson out of […]
- The Old Floating Banana ShotA little I’ll grant but it’s a well used trick in photography using layers and masks and while I had 5 mins to play I thought I’d give the B1 a blast, just one to the right slightly behind the camera on TTL, quite a neat trick really and definitely worth trying with different subjects […]
Category Archives: Anglesey
Back to my trademark crystal ball, this time capturing the setting sun at Rhosneigr my spiritual home and where we have so many friends. Hopefully we’ll be there in a few weeks as my workshop season starts again there and in Snowdonia.
Special price for 2016 too just £150 for a full day max 3 people unless prior arrangements made then we can cover 5-8 people with 2 photographers, one being myself as lead instructor.
Insured, Qualified and medically trained to Mountain Rescue Casualty Care standard, we provide transport from the initial meeting place and ensure your day runs at a pace that suits and you will finish with you understanding and being proficient in all aspects of landscape seascape photography.
send me and email with your dates and requirements HERE
Up at 5 am out with the husky gang for a walk, lovely frosty morning, white over, perfect for my commission I thought, so back home kit is ready and waiting (good boy scout) so I just have to get ready drop Jo off at work and me and the Stormster are away to start the Christmas Card shoot.
When I get there at Bagger Woods it’s closed for logging and the gates to the car park are padlocked shut!!!, to top it all the -3c at home white over isn’t at Bagger Woods it’s +1 and muddy……..never mind there’s always tomorrow but later I’m going to check out another woods so I don’t fall for it again. Hopefully we’ll get the freezing temps for a while yet.
Today’s summer evening shot is from my fave place on Anglesey, Poth Y Post, very spiritual place and if I could buy it I would.
And I do mean rock literally, Porth Y Post is just one of those place that keep pulling me back there time and again, not only because of the stunning coastline, secluded cove and generally gorgeous weather but to see a friendly seal that seems to wait for our visits, he/she pops their head up and inquisitively watches us as we shoot the setting sun then majestically disappears beneath the waves into the darkness.
Don’t know if I mentioned that over the last few months I have had many tests carried out at the hospital some not very pleasant at all, well all is good as far as they can tell. My shoulder is almost back to full strength and Saturday I had a Platelet-rich plasma injection into my knee, semi put to sleep it still hurt like holey hell but fingers crossed it will now see me back on the hills very soon. It already seems to have taken affect in that the old going up stairs pain I used to get has disappeared, I have been training it ‘carefully’ lately which helps I’m told.
Darn this weather too, can’t believe its winter it’s so warm out, I need a few good frosty snowy days to do the Christmas Card shots for my commission. Hopefully we’ll see some over the next month or so.
As from today it’s one month to my BIPP assessment for my Fellowship, ‘, checking and double checking my prints and supporting material to make sure 200% I’ve done all I possibly can. I’m also looking into doing my BA Hons over the next year or so too, my mum was a BA in Art so it would be great to have done something similar to her for a fitting memory and to help my career further too.
Jo’s new phone is coming today so I have the pleasure of setting it up for her, should be fun as it never seems to work right for me………much head banging and scratching of butt!
have a lovely week all
what a week of running round to get everything together for my Fellowship, checked and triple checked it’s now on its way to BIPP HQ a full week or so of the deadline for submission….I’m taking no chances with the weather and deliveries. It’s in the lap of the Gods as they say now, everything crossed.
Today’s picture from Porth Y Post, Anglesey. I’ll be heading there real soon, we deserve a rest and I certainly need to be in the sea again, puppies and Stormy need to run on a beach too so if only for them we’ll get off in a week or so.
Just been asked to do all this years event shoots for Barnsley Hospice which I have graciously accepted. They took great care of Richard my brother in law in his latter stages and battle with cancer so I can never really do enough for them.
Have a great weekend all
Share Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print
Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, little so and so’s.
So that’s our weekend sorted, is anyone up to anything better?, figure that will be everyone reading this.
Today’s image is from Anglesey, where else! and is of St Cywfans Church, a beautiful secluded bay that never seems to disappoint. Becoming a fave place of our to wind down after a hard day walking the pups, especially lovely to see the sun go down and calm seas.
wishing you all a lovely weekend, unfortunately Monday will be here all too soon
One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses.
The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my work and their wonderful music together, have to say I’m excited about hearing the new album soon, release date 21st November.
You can find out all about the group on their official website PRESS HERE may even be a couple of my pictures on there too for their promo work. Great vid of Gunrunning, well worth a listen.
Still sorting Christmas cards out at the moment, hopefully have them all finalised by the end of the week.
nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see the fluff ball as she’s been blowing her coat for the last month and driving us mad with wooly fur everywhere, 3rd hoover this year, nothing lasts with a husky!
Another shot from Llanddwyn Island, this time using my Lee Big Stopper filter to gain some cloud drag, shot was midday so it would only allow 30secs at f/22, worked quite well though didn’t it.
and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk.
Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet humid for haze, and that RED moon was the icing on the cake, wonderful, just couldn’t believe my luck, helped by Dave with the torch and smoke machine, impossible without his help.
Barclodiad Y Gawres – History
Barclodiad Y Gawres burial chamber is a restored chambered cairn, and dates from 3000BC. It is the largest of the chambered tombs of Wales. It is dramatically situated on a headland to the north of Porth Trecastell (Cable Bay) on the west coast of Anglesey. The site has been extensively restored with a new stone wall supporting a concrete roof covered in turf.
The name translates into English as the Giantess’s Apronful.
This image is for sale on the website www.adrianashworth.co.uk/wales
My workshops are aimed at both amateur and professionals wishing to expand their repertoire , they are run on a very relaxed pace and the days tuition will see you gain an unrivalled understanding of not only your capabilities but to view the world around you in a completely different way. I am fully insured, qualified to ABIPP and and experience hill adventurer. www.adrianashworth.co.uk/workshops.
After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work then Ten are the band for you. I am now their official photographer and will be doing other shoots in the near future, their new album “Albion” is due for release November 2014 I believe, can’t wait.
Finally managed to get round to processing my shots from Anglesey 2 weeks ago, this one is of South Stack lighthouse at sunset.
You’ll notice my trademark crystal pyramid but more importantly the misty smoke coming in from the right. I have used this on countless shots and it also played a major role in the Ten shoot (pictures will be available after album launch, and sale to huge worldwide fan base), anyway my smoke machine is a Tiny CX and was supplied by http://www.smokemachines.net if you ask for Ben he’ll help you out, mention me and you’ll get a discount. Very friendly company and his advice and knowledge of the product is fantastic, he not only saved me money but from buying the completely wrong model…..you tube doesn’t tell you everything lol
busy week ahead with 2 more shoots booked and prints to organise for an office environment…..
have a great weekend all