- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Glencoe Autumn MorningFeel Free To Share – may brighten up a friends day A quick upload today from my Glencoe trip, taken whilst out for a walk to the chip shop (I know how to live. lol) this late morning shot from looking down the estuary with Loch Leven behind me. The weather didn’t last too long […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr – Blue MistMonday morning and why not start with the blues…… This one from Glen Etive standing waist deep in very cold very fast flowing water looking up at the Buckle shrouded in the blue tint of mist to the left, not a place to spend too much time and I was out and getting dried off […]
- Curbar Edge InversionEvening all just a quick update from Curbar Edge where they have a mist inversion near enough every day, well worth a trip out if you’re into mist and scenic views, especially now we’re moving into the colder end of the year. A quick apology to anyone that has anything -tive from me on Youtube […]
- OK So I’m Not Perfect, Who’d Have Thought It?Feel Free to Share Autumn is here with a blast, brrrr, wind and rain and it’s set to stay a while now, will have to start getting my wet gear out now for the season. Today’s shot just to show I make mistakes too and plenty of em believe me…BUT I do like the […]
- St Cwyfans Church Anglesey Sunset RaysShare Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, […]
- Albion – Wild HorsesMorning all One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses. The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my […]
- Big Stopper – Llanddwyn IslandHi all nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see […]
- Llanddwyn IslandJust a quick piccy for some friends and one whose birthday it is today. Cheers fellas
- Barclodiad Y Gawres – ArmageddonFEEL FREE TO SHARE Morning all and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk. Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet […]
- Back Down To Earth – On With The Day JobA very happy Friday all, After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work […]
- Glencoe Autumn Morning
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Ok so it isn’t but it could well be and why not…..and lets face it this is the only shot I had ready.
Been a very busy week and tonight is no exception, shooting the Mountain Rescue Team receiving their much deserved Jubilee Medals from the Lord Lieutenant of south Yorkshire then freelance shots outside with family etc. Then Sunday standing at Tesco’s Pensitone with the team gazebo so pop along and say hi and please donate if you can spare anything.
At long last I am back in The Peaks next week so look out for some spectacular images coming up over the next week or so.
have a great weekend
Now don’t panic I’m not leaving as the title suggests, it just suited it so well.
Something about the smell of freshly cut grass thats seems so English doesn’t it, saying that it was in Wales but you know what I mean.
Used a couple filters on this, polariser plus reverse grad for those rich sky tones, cleaned and leveled in cs5 only. As I demonstrated on my last workshop Chris and Carrie will attest that my images are the way they are at the location not computer photo shopped, the fun is being there doing it and believe me many times it doesn’t work out but I wouldn’t swap it for anything else.
Honoured to be doing the photography for my Woodhead Mountain Rescue Team on Friday night as long serving guys receive their Queens Jubilee medal from David Moody Lord Lieutenant of South Yorkshire, will be a great night I’m sure.
Doing more Search and Rescue training tonight, will those midges please leave me alone, any tips welcome as I’m getting bitten to hell and back with the little blighters!!!
Its got the making of a great week weather wise but lets not forget its Wimbledon so brollies at the ready!
Just back from a great week in Wales, weather played fair for a few days but especially well on my workshop day with a wonderful couple Chris and Carrie, its the first time I have been a birthday present and I was truly honoured. We spent nearly 12 hours at 3 locations and managed all we set out to complete with great results. They both easily grasped the concepts and were producing wonderful shots throughout the day, I’ll post some shots later. Chris is an extremely talented photographer in his own right as well as producing some stunning video work. check out his site HERE
Today’s shot is one I have been waiting to do for ages and I have been very patient to get this due to the suns location as it sets and the tides for the sea channel. I sat here in the baking sand for a good hour just watching and waiting, doing test shot after test shot until this scene came through and it was just perfect. This has to be for me one of my all time fav’s and is going on my wall and my forthcoming exhibition at Cannon Hall Museum Barnsley July to October 2012.
Today sees The Olympic Torch come through Barnsley, Ive been asked to attend and rattle a few shots off so don’t be surprised if you see my rather large frame on Calendar or something getting in the way of the runner, hope I don’t trip them up, the guys are already cordoning off the town centre ready for its arrival 1-2pm, hope the weather stays nice for it.
Busy week as I have to get my shots ready for the exhibition, 2 training nights with Mountain Rescue, an exhibition in Wales to plan for and a shoot for Mountain Rescue on Friday night for members receiving the Queens Jubilee Medal.
I’ll try and post a few images this week in between outing and shoots.
The weather is shocking and I spent last night in the Peaks with Woodhead Mountain Rescue doing stretcher training, great team and I’m loving it, cant wait for next training session.
As for Rhosneigr, well I’ll be there tomorrow, here’s hoping for some great storm clouds again and a fab week. Got a great day planned with my workshop Sunday, really looking forward to it.
Have a great weekend
Will it ever stop raining….well yes but probably not this week!
thought we could use a pick me up shot, alternative title “Heaven on Earth”, guess we don’t know how lucky we are to have such beautiful scenery on our doorsteps. I can never understand why someone would watch TV when they can stand and see sunsets and sunrises and well anything in between really. If it wasn’t for a few half decent programmes on TV it would be out of the window and in the bin.
Luck for me I’m back in Wales again this weekend comin…can’t wait, Although I have a couple of tough training sessions with MRT before then, crag work with ropes and stretcher training including river crossings, should be fun and the training is delivered by the best, really enjoy it.
Had a fab weekend at Rhosneigr doing the official photography for the Diamond Jubilee, moments that will stay with me always, apart from being in a tent, getting too used to my luxuries of the caravan especially that super comfy bed, TV etc etc.
Todays shot was taken at Rhosneigr just after a really heavy storm and I had a very brief glimpse of the setting sun. Filters used were Singh Ray reverse grad and .6 Lee ND, Camera 1DS MKIII and Gitzo 1581OT Tripod…..
hope you all have a fab week
Back from a wonderful long weekend on Anglesey where I was the photographer for Rhosneigr my adopted 2nd home. Great events and a very warm welcome from the locals, there was live music, birds of prey, classic wellie throwing of which punters were told to aim for the camera man! hmmm thank you Mr Funsport.
I was taken by boat across to the lighting of the beacon and got a great shot of Rob lighting it, I was the only one able to take it so I hope I did it justice, quite a technical shot, timing, foreground light sunset colours, flash no filters high ISO too…the list goes on.
Miserable weather today the rain has returned and I missed a stunning sunset last night over Castle Hill, Huddersfield while I was out MRT training. Was our first training session and we did Bell Stretcher assembly and carried a body over the moors up and down ravines, was really good to be part of a team and even though you may have a heavy casualty on board the numbers of the team make it light work, looking forward to the next session now, got me buzzin’
Friday….again, where does he week go?
Just filled the car up £92, is someone having a laugh, I seem to remember we were all going to revolt against the govt if fuel prices went above a £1, now if anyone wants to join me in blockading the M1 until prices come down then I would welcome the company especially as if I do it on my own I’ll look a right doofus!
Anyway I’ll be packing the car ready for my jaunt down to Anglesey, hope the rain holds off later until I set the tent up…I have more camera gear than going away gear which is slightly disturbing isn’t it? really looking forward to the Jubilee celebrations, should be great.
Today’s image Sunset Storm, strategically placed boulder against a storm backdrop with the setting sun making a brief appearance…one of my fav’s
Hope you all have a great bank holiday