- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Been A WhileMorning all mist Inversion in The Peaks. apologies for my lack of posts lately, it’s been rather hectic, especially with the arrival of our Husky puppies to mummy Stormy, they are absolutely the cutest of dogs and Stormy is an amazing mother, we can’t believe how attentive she is and it’s all on instinct. […]
- Ynys LlanddwynYnys Llanddwyn Is now on the site for sale in various sizes, inbox me if you need canvass or foam board versions, all signed work. Max size is 8′ x 4′ foam board. http://www.adrianashworth.co.uk/gallery/wales/ No 152 Adrian
- To The PointA very good Friday morning all. Been a while since my last post, what with 2 operations, workload and planning the book for next year I’ve had little time for anything else. This week has seen me on 2 commissions and I have also sorted several prints for clients abroad…at least there will be food […]
- St Cwyfan – Church In The SeaThe start of a very busy week for me today, just got back from Birmingham with Stormy, she’s been for her 2nd mating session with Echo the very handsome husky, his eyes are the opposite way round to Stormy’s, stunning. Tomorrow I have a fantastic commission, I’ll be up near Carnforth and Ingleton, cant wait. […]
- Crystal Beachy Misty ThingyBack in Yorkshire after a fabulous working holiday in North Wales, the weather played pretty fair apart from the workshops when it persisted down all day every time! but when you’re given lemons and all that plus the company was great so made for enjoyable sessions. having luck but bad luck….. 3 days from trading […]
- Storm WarningHi all can’t wait as I’ll be stood here tomorrow for my summer workshops programme, North Wales and Anglesey at its best, 5 minutes later there was an almighty storm, just managed to pack up in time and cover my cameras. There’s a lot to be said for heading out just before a […]
- BeholdForgive the title but its about all I could come up with, when I open it up to full size I can just remember how majestic and glorified the scene was, it was ll to brief a moment but one now captured and it will stay with me for a long time. Hoping you all […]
- Mistical BeachMonday again, where does the weekend go? well let me tell you when you’re laid up with a dodgy knee it feels like 2 months, so frustrating I only hope in a couple of weeks that it will be better, still suffering from anesthetic hangover too, comes in waves of sickness not much fun!. Jo […]
- Four Crowns TractorHappy Friday all this weeks seems to have dragged by so slowly for me, basically sitting doing physio exercises isn’t my type of fun, it has however given me time to catch up with some processing and this shot is from a few weeks ago on Anglesey, titled “Four Crowns Tractor” can you spot them? […]
- Peaceful SunsetGreat News, Very honoured indeed, I have been asked to judge a photography competition on Anglesey in November, those qualifications do pay off you see..lol probably a lot more to do with the fact I sell more there then anywhere and I’m well known by the locals as the man who stands waist deep in […]
- Been A While
Category Archives: Thanks
Well I finally finished it, this is the new Wales – Seascapes and Water 2011 video, taken me a while to get right as it’s always a little more fiddly when you have lyrics with music.
The music is courtesy of the fabulous Pendragon (special thanks to Rachel) with the wonderful tones of both voice and guitar of Nick Barrett, I am so very grateful for this, the track is so very special to Jo and myself and brings back so many many happy memories of times and places in Wales with Timba the Timberwolf/Husky cross who gave us nearly 15 years of happiness.
I was fortunate enough to be photographer for The Classic Rock Society on Pendragon’s final show of their European Tour promoting the amazing new album “Passion”, without doubt the best show and sound quality of any band I have seen, one of the most polished performance bands in the business and a must to see if you love Prog Rock at it’s very best.
I am currently changing part of my permanent exhibition at Barnsley Central Library and the 1st floor shots will be swapped for new seascapes while the downstairs main exhibition will remain Peak District. I will also be starting to compile the book “One Tog and His Dog” video to accompany the book as well. I’m determined to knock out at least 3 pages a week, it’s so easy to get writers block, the images flow but transferring the visual emotion into words is quite difficult without going in too deep, perhaps I need a ghost writer. I also need a poet if there are any out there for a project?
very best wishes to all who have encouraged and supported me during the Seascapes Project 2011, far too many to list but you know who you are.
Very simple but hopefully effective shot of boulders at Edale as the stream trickles through rocks and make a gentle splash into the granite lined pool, 9 second shot so the water is creamy and reflective.
Been feeling quite low recently after finding out about a friends betrayal….not nice I know but then when you really think about it you shouldn’t let the little things in life bother you. This morning Joanne said “I love you” which is something not said daily as I guess well most days she doesn’t!! by that I mean we’re not one of those couples who need false reassuring every day. And you know what I suddenly felt a lot better, a weight lifted from my shoulders and I can see clearly now with a purposeful direction. This must be what they call the power of love. Knowing you have each other fighting in your corner even if they don’t say it 20 times a day by text etc is all you need sometimes.
So this is for Joanne my ROCK
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Well a big thank you to Alison who lives in a beautiful Spain, lucky thing so close to the mountains one of my fav things. Alison bought 3 of my prints and has emailed through this morning the attached shot showing them in situ and splendor in her beautiful contemporary house with gorgeous marble flooring, just perfect for those Spanish heatwave days, I’m soooooo jealous….
Just waiting for my invite
I hope you’ll agree they look wonderful and she has done them a great service with the wooden frame and deep mount, thank you so much, I hope they bring back fond memories of your upbringing in The Peaks area.
all my best
A big thank you to Rachel from Bristol, she is the 1st to buy from my new e-commerce site, and she picked one of my favourites, Over Owler Millstone In The Peaks, a very wintry shot freezing cold and in the distance you can see the snow falling as the sun shines through the clouds. Many Thanks