- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Who’d have thought itI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- I Get In Some PlacesI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- Sunset White WashHi all been a while since my last post, been real busy with prints and workshops. Today’s offering is from Anglesey, beautiful sunset rays dance across the night sky as the shoreline rocks are washed with incoming tide. One of my main locations for workshops, I spend many hours just standing waist deep in the […]
- Rhosneigr Crystal SunsetFEEL FREE TO SHARE Today’s offering is from my workshop on Anglesey last week, we didn’t have too much sun but when we did it was perfect and testament to the art of the Photographer, we waited and waited until this was the scene. worth it I hope you think. My workshops www.adrianashworth.co.uk/workshops run all […]
- Blacks Ice fallsFollowing on from the Iceberg shot I did on Wednesday here is a somewhat Nania-esque image of the falls in full flow complete with shards of ice and misty freezing spray….I think I remarked how cold it was sat in the water and especially as it came in over the top of my wellie…I never […]
- Iceberg In The PeaksHad a wonderful afternoon yesterday, had so much work on lately and haven’t had time to catch up with my winter shots so it made up well for it. As the title suggest I came across this mini iceberg at the waterfall in Blacks near the Woodhead Pass, the recent thaw hadn’t quite got to […]
- Coniston ReedsHappy Easter all and welcome to April too, Can’t believe how time is passing by so very fast, I have so much on at the moment plus some excellent commissions which I am really excited about, I’ll post more info when they are confirmed. Workshops booked for next week on Anglesey too, hope that snow […]
- Coniston Winter, well Spring treeMorning all, finally made it back from Coniston, minus the van! thats stranded in a snow drift on site and we have to go back later in the week to collect again. Apart from the obvious snow and hassles that come with it, we had a pretty productive week photography wise including a trip up […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr Twin FlowWill be heading North soon for the start of my shooting season, just found this little gem unprocessed on my 8TB, I must seriously do a clean down at some stage, far too many images not even looked at…..could do wit a week or two at it. Top session last night with Woodhead MRT, searching […]
- On A Righteous PathLlanddwyn Island off Anglesey a very spiritual place to visit and a must for photography, a right of passage shot with a twist, using my 10 stop “Big Stopper” to slow down the clouds and give this drag effect in high light. Works well don’t you think? It was also used for filming in the […]
- Who’d have thought it
Category Archives: Thanks
Well I finally finished it, this is the new Wales – Seascapes and Water 2011 video, taken me a while to get right as it’s always a little more fiddly when you have lyrics with music.
The music is courtesy of the fabulous Pendragon (special thanks to Rachel) with the wonderful tones of both voice and guitar of Nick Barrett, I am so very grateful for this, the track is so very special to Jo and myself and brings back so many many happy memories of times and places in Wales with Timba the Timberwolf/Husky cross who gave us nearly 15 years of happiness.
I was fortunate enough to be photographer for The Classic Rock Society on Pendragon’s final show of their European Tour promoting the amazing new album “Passion”, without doubt the best show and sound quality of any band I have seen, one of the most polished performance bands in the business and a must to see if you love Prog Rock at it’s very best.
I am currently changing part of my permanent exhibition at Barnsley Central Library and the 1st floor shots will be swapped for new seascapes while the downstairs main exhibition will remain Peak District. I will also be starting to compile the book “One Tog and His Dog” video to accompany the book as well. I’m determined to knock out at least 3 pages a week, it’s so easy to get writers block, the images flow but transferring the visual emotion into words is quite difficult without going in too deep, perhaps I need a ghost writer. I also need a poet if there are any out there for a project?
very best wishes to all who have encouraged and supported me during the Seascapes Project 2011, far too many to list but you know who you are.
Very simple but hopefully effective shot of boulders at Edale as the stream trickles through rocks and make a gentle splash into the granite lined pool, 9 second shot so the water is creamy and reflective.
Been feeling quite low recently after finding out about a friends betrayal….not nice I know but then when you really think about it you shouldn’t let the little things in life bother you. This morning Joanne said “I love you” which is something not said daily as I guess well most days she doesn’t!! by that I mean we’re not one of those couples who need false reassuring every day. And you know what I suddenly felt a lot better, a weight lifted from my shoulders and I can see clearly now with a purposeful direction. This must be what they call the power of love. Knowing you have each other fighting in your corner even if they don’t say it 20 times a day by text etc is all you need sometimes.
So this is for Joanne my ROCK
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Well a big thank you to Alison who lives in a beautiful Spain, lucky thing so close to the mountains one of my fav things. Alison bought 3 of my prints and has emailed through this morning the attached shot showing them in situ and splendor in her beautiful contemporary house with gorgeous marble flooring, just perfect for those Spanish heatwave days, I’m soooooo jealous….
Just waiting for my invite
I hope you’ll agree they look wonderful and she has done them a great service with the wooden frame and deep mount, thank you so much, I hope they bring back fond memories of your upbringing in The Peaks area.
all my best
A big thank you to Rachel from Bristol, she is the 1st to buy from my new e-commerce site, and she picked one of my favourites, Over Owler Millstone In The Peaks, a very wintry shot freezing cold and in the distance you can see the snow falling as the sun shines through the clouds. Many Thanks