- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Glencoe Autumn MorningFeel Free To Share – may brighten up a friends day A quick upload today from my Glencoe trip, taken whilst out for a walk to the chip shop (I know how to live. lol) this late morning shot from looking down the estuary with Loch Leven behind me. The weather didn’t last too long […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr – Blue MistMonday morning and why not start with the blues…… This one from Glen Etive standing waist deep in very cold very fast flowing water looking up at the Buckle shrouded in the blue tint of mist to the left, not a place to spend too much time and I was out and getting dried off […]
- Curbar Edge InversionEvening all just a quick update from Curbar Edge where they have a mist inversion near enough every day, well worth a trip out if you’re into mist and scenic views, especially now we’re moving into the colder end of the year. A quick apology to anyone that has anything -tive from me on Youtube […]
- OK So I’m Not Perfect, Who’d Have Thought It?Feel Free to Share Autumn is here with a blast, brrrr, wind and rain and it’s set to stay a while now, will have to start getting my wet gear out now for the season. Today’s shot just to show I make mistakes too and plenty of em believe me…BUT I do like the […]
- St Cwyfans Church Anglesey Sunset RaysShare Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, […]
- Albion – Wild HorsesMorning all One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses. The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my […]
- Big Stopper – Llanddwyn IslandHi all nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see […]
- Llanddwyn IslandJust a quick piccy for some friends and one whose birthday it is today. Cheers fellas
- Barclodiad Y Gawres – ArmageddonFEEL FREE TO SHARE Morning all and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk. Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet […]
- Back Down To Earth – On With The Day JobA very happy Friday all, After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work […]
- Glencoe Autumn Morning
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Well its Wednesday at least, only tomorrow to go and were off to Clumber Park again, cant wait, Stormy will be in for a treat, I got a springer bike attachment so she can run at the side of my bike…..should I book an ambulance now? Im going to try and video it 1st time out anyway, should be a laugh. She needs a lot more mileage than I can run/walk so my company on my bike will do her justice and clock up a few miles a day fitness for me.
Another shot from Lathkill, as you know by now I love water and have to be near it once every week or two, luckily Clumber Park has a massive lake so I’ll be down there wellies on and tripod in the water.
Don’t know if we will see the celebrations on Friday, my invite must have got lost in the post……good luck to them anyway
Anglesey was on Country File last night, I felt quite aggrieved I didn’t want it making public just how beautiful it is, I don’t want it swamping with 1000’s more tourists like me! in actual fact they did a pretty poor job of it and missed far more beautiful locations to film.
Sometimes it’s important to try and get that shot that makes it a little different from the norm, now it may be you get it wrong or you just get your feet wet but at least it will be different. Many many times I have gone to a location and found tripod holes and bare dirt where grass once grew, I instantly turn away and go and find something different….yes I did get wet feet, was it worth it…of course it was.
I love the flow to the far right best
have a great week
well I thought I better have another go at the waterfall at Lathkill River this time tripod and waterproof boots on. Got a lot better shot this time as I stood ankle deep in the cool river water on a beautifully scorching Saturday, big stopper on, “old faithful” never lets me down, 20s at f/11.0, no processing other than a little recovery to take down the white of the water, other than that its straight out of the camera, hope you like it.
Enjoy the bank holiday
One from earlier in the week, going back tomorrow with my full kit bag and big stopper to get some real creamy shots. We will do some more exploring while were there and maybe have an ice cream in Bakewell….if we can find parking!
have a great Easter
This is the beautiful little church at Over Haddon, Derbyshire. St Anne’s built in 1880.
It is opposite the car park where we left our cars to walk down the hill into Lathkil Dale, more shots to follow, was a wonderfully sunny afternoon and the light was just right , hope you like it…
were going again at the weekend, cant wait I feel an ice cream or two coming on
Just a quick update, Steve took a rare shot (yeah right) of me cuddling Stormy whilst at Lathkill Dale yesterday, honest there’s nothing going on!
She was as good as gold and paddled in the beautiful clear stream as much as she could all the way to the waterfalls. were going back this weekend with friends to spend more time and get the waterfall shots in for my Peak District blog, its also start of the Buxton walking festival and I have said we’ll pop in and see friends on our trip round.
My wellies should be here tomorrow so I’ll fiill you in, tech spec etc etc
By the way my T shirts are made by www.themugbarn.com email firstname.lastname@example.org she’ll sort you out with design and advice, quality gear
Just a few more now from Anglesey, well maybe quite a lot, sorry cant help it!
As the title suggests an orange burst, last remnants of the days beautiful sun. I’d kinda like to dedicate this to Elizabeth Sladen who died today, she helped me when growing up, Lis was the one that did it for me as an early teenager…….such sad news at only 63 years old.
Had a great day out yesterday at Lathkill Dale, will post some shots later
hope the sun keeps shining all week as promised
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Tuesday already and Good Friday and a long weekend to look forward to especially with the weather forecasting a mini heatwave, should be fun if it really happens.
Off to The Peaks today and its a water day, cant wait, meeting friends at Bakewell then off from there, Stormy should love it paddling in the river.
Veiled Sea shot taken at Anglesey as the sun retreats, long exposure causing the waves to mist and form a see through veil against the rocks in the foreground.
Still waiting for my super dooper wellies to arrive should have been here yesterday and they would certainly come in handy today if the land in time…. Plus just ordered a “Springer” yes a springer google it, it attaches to my mountain bike and Stormy can run at the side of me, Jo has promised a bike ride at the weekend if it arrives in time
have a great day