Subscribe to Blog via Email
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- KnockbrexNice to see the weekend is here and the sun is shining, great weekend planned with a lovely dog walk tomorrow and CFR training on Sunday, really looking forward to being qualified and out there helping my community. Today’s image is from Knockbrex Priapic Pillars, a must on the photographers places to visit list. It’s […]
- Threave CastleThreave Castle is situated on an island in the River Dee, 2.5 km west of Castle Douglas in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. It was the home of ‘Black’ Douglas Earls of Douglas from the late 14th century until their fall in 1455. Threave Castle’s rectangular keep is 21 m (69 ft), or 5 storeys high, and 18.4 […]
- Heather With A Tilt ShiftHi all apologies for not posting this week, been one of those weeks where I juts haven’t had time for the nicer things in life. One major headache has been the new accounts system, I’ve been using an old desktop version of quickbooks for 10 years now so I decided I’d update this to the […]
- Eclipse 2015Hi all I’m afraid the weather here in Yorkshire didn’t play fair today and we had intermittent heavy cloud which obscured the eclipse totally at times, so here is my modest effort hand held 70-200. Seen some wonderful efforts from Norway, obviously the place to be unless you don’t like polar bears who I might […]
- Buoy and Boat SunsetHi all very quick update as I’m busy busty with commission work at the moment, running all over the place. I’ll post info later. This one from a recent trip to Anglesey, beautiful sunset at Rhosneigr, love the warmth of the sun glowing through the buoy. Saying that it was freezing!! Anyway […]
- FBIPP – A Fellow At LastHi all Fantastic news to give. I have been awarded the Fellowship status to the British Institute of Professional Photographers, their highest award and is attainable for distinguished and exceptional ability and creativity so I’m extremely honoured to have reached this level. Though this may be the top level it by no means means I’ll […]
- The Magical WoodHi all had a great weekend filming topped off by a long drive to Hertfordshire on Sunday to do an event shoot for Woodland Trust and Disney. The Magical Wood is the largest new native forest in England with some 15,000 new trees being planted. The partnership between the Woodland Trust and Disney celebrated its […]
- Apocalypse CompletedWell she’s finally completed after a while in Photoshop, must admit I really enjoyed doing this, just need a real life woman now……I know they all say that lol She started out as this. Then went to this. Good fun all the same Adrian
- Apocalypse FashionApocalypse Fashion Perhaps one day, you never know especially with the way the world is going….lets hope not Today’s image is courtesy of being awake with ideas buzzing round my head since 3:20. Since Jo was unavailable and wouldn’t do it for a gold pig anyway I had to dig old Jenna Jameson out of […]
- The Old Floating Banana ShotA little I’ll grant but it’s a well used trick in photography using layers and masks and while I had 5 mins to play I thought I’d give the B1 a blast, just one to the right slightly behind the camera on TTL, quite a neat trick really and definitely worth trying with different subjects […]
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Well its Wednesday at least, only tomorrow to go and were off to Clumber Park again, cant wait, Stormy will be in for a treat, I got a springer bike attachment so she can run at the side of my bike…..should I book an ambulance now? Im going to try and video it 1st time out anyway, should be a laugh. She needs a lot more mileage than I can run/walk so my company on my bike will do her justice and clock up a few miles a day fitness for me.
Another shot from Lathkill, as you know by now I love water and have to be near it once every week or two, luckily Clumber Park has a massive lake so I’ll be down there wellies on and tripod in the water.
Don’t know if we will see the celebrations on Friday, my invite must have got lost in the post……good luck to them anyway
Anglesey was on Country File last night, I felt quite aggrieved I didn’t want it making public just how beautiful it is, I don’t want it swamping with 1000’s more tourists like me! in actual fact they did a pretty poor job of it and missed far more beautiful locations to film.
Sometimes it’s important to try and get that shot that makes it a little different from the norm, now it may be you get it wrong or you just get your feet wet but at least it will be different. Many many times I have gone to a location and found tripod holes and bare dirt where grass once grew, I instantly turn away and go and find something different….yes I did get wet feet, was it worth it…of course it was.
I love the flow to the far right best
have a great week
well I thought I better have another go at the waterfall at Lathkill River this time tripod and waterproof boots on. Got a lot better shot this time as I stood ankle deep in the cool river water on a beautifully scorching Saturday, big stopper on, “old faithful” never lets me down, 20s at f/11.0, no processing other than a little recovery to take down the white of the water, other than that its straight out of the camera, hope you like it.
Enjoy the bank holiday
One from earlier in the week, going back tomorrow with my full kit bag and big stopper to get some real creamy shots. We will do some more exploring while were there and maybe have an ice cream in Bakewell….if we can find parking!
have a great Easter
This is the beautiful little church at Over Haddon, Derbyshire. St Anne’s built in 1880.
It is opposite the car park where we left our cars to walk down the hill into Lathkil Dale, more shots to follow, was a wonderfully sunny afternoon and the light was just right , hope you like it…
were going again at the weekend, cant wait I feel an ice cream or two coming on
Just a quick update, Steve took a rare shot (yeah right) of me cuddling Stormy whilst at Lathkill Dale yesterday, honest there’s nothing going on!
She was as good as gold and paddled in the beautiful clear stream as much as she could all the way to the waterfalls. were going back this weekend with friends to spend more time and get the waterfall shots in for my Peak District blog, its also start of the Buxton walking festival and I have said we’ll pop in and see friends on our trip round.
My wellies should be here tomorrow so I’ll fiill you in, tech spec etc etc
By the way my T shirts are made by www.themugbarn.com email email@example.com she’ll sort you out with design and advice, quality gear
Just a few more now from Anglesey, well maybe quite a lot, sorry cant help it!
As the title suggests an orange burst, last remnants of the days beautiful sun. I’d kinda like to dedicate this to Elizabeth Sladen who died today, she helped me when growing up, Lis was the one that did it for me as an early teenager…….such sad news at only 63 years old.
Had a great day out yesterday at Lathkill Dale, will post some shots later
hope the sun keeps shining all week as promised
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Tuesday already and Good Friday and a long weekend to look forward to especially with the weather forecasting a mini heatwave, should be fun if it really happens.
Off to The Peaks today and its a water day, cant wait, meeting friends at Bakewell then off from there, Stormy should love it paddling in the river.
Veiled Sea shot taken at Anglesey as the sun retreats, long exposure causing the waves to mist and form a see through veil against the rocks in the foreground.
Still waiting for my super dooper wellies to arrive should have been here yesterday and they would certainly come in handy today if the land in time…. Plus just ordered a “Springer” yes a springer google it, it attaches to my mountain bike and Stormy can run at the side of me, Jo has promised a bike ride at the weekend if it arrives in time
have a great day