- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Been A WhileMorning all mist Inversion in The Peaks. apologies for my lack of posts lately, it’s been rather hectic, especially with the arrival of our Husky puppies to mummy Stormy, they are absolutely the cutest of dogs and Stormy is an amazing mother, we can’t believe how attentive she is and it’s all on instinct. […]
- Ynys LlanddwynYnys Llanddwyn Is now on the site for sale in various sizes, inbox me if you need canvass or foam board versions, all signed work. Max size is 8′ x 4′ foam board. http://www.adrianashworth.co.uk/gallery/wales/ No 152 Adrian
- To The PointA very good Friday morning all. Been a while since my last post, what with 2 operations, workload and planning the book for next year I’ve had little time for anything else. This week has seen me on 2 commissions and I have also sorted several prints for clients abroad…at least there will be food […]
- St Cwyfan – Church In The SeaThe start of a very busy week for me today, just got back from Birmingham with Stormy, she’s been for her 2nd mating session with Echo the very handsome husky, his eyes are the opposite way round to Stormy’s, stunning. Tomorrow I have a fantastic commission, I’ll be up near Carnforth and Ingleton, cant wait. […]
- Crystal Beachy Misty ThingyBack in Yorkshire after a fabulous working holiday in North Wales, the weather played pretty fair apart from the workshops when it persisted down all day every time! but when you’re given lemons and all that plus the company was great so made for enjoyable sessions. having luck but bad luck….. 3 days from trading […]
- Storm WarningHi all can’t wait as I’ll be stood here tomorrow for my summer workshops programme, North Wales and Anglesey at its best, 5 minutes later there was an almighty storm, just managed to pack up in time and cover my cameras. There’s a lot to be said for heading out just before a […]
- BeholdForgive the title but its about all I could come up with, when I open it up to full size I can just remember how majestic and glorified the scene was, it was ll to brief a moment but one now captured and it will stay with me for a long time. Hoping you all […]
- Mistical BeachMonday again, where does the weekend go? well let me tell you when you’re laid up with a dodgy knee it feels like 2 months, so frustrating I only hope in a couple of weeks that it will be better, still suffering from anesthetic hangover too, comes in waves of sickness not much fun!. Jo […]
- Four Crowns TractorHappy Friday all this weeks seems to have dragged by so slowly for me, basically sitting doing physio exercises isn’t my type of fun, it has however given me time to catch up with some processing and this shot is from a few weeks ago on Anglesey, titled “Four Crowns Tractor” can you spot them? […]
- Peaceful SunsetGreat News, Very honoured indeed, I have been asked to judge a photography competition on Anglesey in November, those qualifications do pay off you see..lol probably a lot more to do with the fact I sell more there then anywhere and I’m well known by the locals as the man who stands waist deep in […]
- Been A While
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Well its Wednesday at least, only tomorrow to go and were off to Clumber Park again, cant wait, Stormy will be in for a treat, I got a springer bike attachment so she can run at the side of my bike…..should I book an ambulance now? Im going to try and video it 1st time out anyway, should be a laugh. She needs a lot more mileage than I can run/walk so my company on my bike will do her justice and clock up a few miles a day fitness for me.
Another shot from Lathkill, as you know by now I love water and have to be near it once every week or two, luckily Clumber Park has a massive lake so I’ll be down there wellies on and tripod in the water.
Don’t know if we will see the celebrations on Friday, my invite must have got lost in the post……good luck to them anyway
Anglesey was on Country File last night, I felt quite aggrieved I didn’t want it making public just how beautiful it is, I don’t want it swamping with 1000′s more tourists like me! in actual fact they did a pretty poor job of it and missed far more beautiful locations to film.
Sometimes it’s important to try and get that shot that makes it a little different from the norm, now it may be you get it wrong or you just get your feet wet but at least it will be different. Many many times I have gone to a location and found tripod holes and bare dirt where grass once grew, I instantly turn away and go and find something different….yes I did get wet feet, was it worth it…of course it was.
I love the flow to the far right best
have a great week
well I thought I better have another go at the waterfall at Lathkill River this time tripod and waterproof boots on. Got a lot better shot this time as I stood ankle deep in the cool river water on a beautifully scorching Saturday, big stopper on, “old faithful” never lets me down, 20s at f/11.0, no processing other than a little recovery to take down the white of the water, other than that its straight out of the camera, hope you like it.
Enjoy the bank holiday
One from earlier in the week, going back tomorrow with my full kit bag and big stopper to get some real creamy shots. We will do some more exploring while were there and maybe have an ice cream in Bakewell….if we can find parking!
have a great Easter
This is the beautiful little church at Over Haddon, Derbyshire. St Anne’s built in 1880.
It is opposite the car park where we left our cars to walk down the hill into Lathkil Dale, more shots to follow, was a wonderfully sunny afternoon and the light was just right , hope you like it…
were going again at the weekend, cant wait I feel an ice cream or two coming on
Just a quick update, Steve took a rare shot (yeah right) of me cuddling Stormy whilst at Lathkill Dale yesterday, honest there’s nothing going on!
She was as good as gold and paddled in the beautiful clear stream as much as she could all the way to the waterfalls. were going back this weekend with friends to spend more time and get the waterfall shots in for my Peak District blog, its also start of the Buxton walking festival and I have said we’ll pop in and see friends on our trip round.
My wellies should be here tomorrow so I’ll fiill you in, tech spec etc etc
By the way my T shirts are made by www.themugbarn.com email firstname.lastname@example.org she’ll sort you out with design and advice, quality gear
Just a few more now from Anglesey, well maybe quite a lot, sorry cant help it!
As the title suggests an orange burst, last remnants of the days beautiful sun. I’d kinda like to dedicate this to Elizabeth Sladen who died today, she helped me when growing up, Lis was the one that did it for me as an early teenager…….such sad news at only 63 years old.
Had a great day out yesterday at Lathkill Dale, will post some shots later
hope the sun keeps shining all week as promised
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Tuesday already and Good Friday and a long weekend to look forward to especially with the weather forecasting a mini heatwave, should be fun if it really happens.
Off to The Peaks today and its a water day, cant wait, meeting friends at Bakewell then off from there, Stormy should love it paddling in the river.
Veiled Sea shot taken at Anglesey as the sun retreats, long exposure causing the waves to mist and form a see through veil against the rocks in the foreground.
Still waiting for my super dooper wellies to arrive should have been here yesterday and they would certainly come in handy today if the land in time…. Plus just ordered a “Springer” yes a springer google it, it attaches to my mountain bike and Stormy can run at the side of me, Jo has promised a bike ride at the weekend if it arrives in time
have a great day