- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Carl Wark – A Winters WalkFell Free To Share, Like and Especially Comment Is it Tuesday already, the last 10 days seems to have blurred by so fast, it will be Christmas Day before we know it, getting so excited, family coming for dinner, my favourite part, it’s particularly important as my uncle Eric is still in hospital with Leukaemia […]
- Northumberland Boulder SunsetFeel Free To Share, Tag and I love Your Comments. A very good Thursday all, hope you are all bearing up well with the Weather Bomb! we’ve see plenty of rain over the last few days, now we’re hoping the white stuff will land by the weekend and stay till the new year (I know […]
- Neist Point – The EndFeel Free To Share, Comments always welcome. Friday at last and a busy weekend of shoots ahead. Barnsley Youth choir tonight and tomorrow night followed by Jagged Edge gig later Sat night then an early shoot for the first Barnsley Junior Park Run at Locke Park, should be fun, the camera will be smoking! One […]
- Fairy Pool – Another ViewFeel Free To Share, Tag and I’d love to see your comments…… Another from Skye this view from a different angle looking across the fall to the rock, we had to set up and wait between gale force winds and sleet like rain to get the shots so I’m very pleased with the outcome, would […]
- Old ManFeel Free To Share Old Man of Storr This is properly the most famous walk on the Island and definitely the busiest. The ‘Old Man’ is a large pinnacle of rock that stands high and can be seen for miles around. As part of the Trotternish ridge the Storr was created by a massive ancient […]
- New Sponsor – Kinafoto.comHappy Monday all And some great news….. New sponsorship in the form of Profoto lighting equipment, which is simply the best location kit there is has been given from a great company Kinafoto. It’s amazing how much faith and commitment they have provided, their extremely helpful staff and on-line chat box really helps you […]
- Elgol – Hop Skip And A JumpFEEL FREE TO SHARE Black Friday!!!!! fffttt Its a wonderful bright and glorious day, the weekend begins, OK so its raining and miserable here in Barnsley but who cares, some days you just got to thank your lucky stars. Finally managed to sort out the new lighting system and sponsorship so orders going in […]
- Elgol SunsetFEEL FREE TO SHARE To say we only spent a few short hours at Elgol I certainly reaped a great crop of images, saying that it will be a long time before we return such is the drive. Sunset skies over the Cuillins certainly drive home the intensity of the scars down the distant mountains. […]
- Elgol GoPLEASE SHARE Morning all Wet and windy Wednesday here in Yorkshire….so I thought a nice wet and windy shot from Skye would be in order. This one from Elgol looking across to the Cuillin range, Elgol is on the shores of Loch Scavaig towards the end of the Strathaird peninsula. This was the scene of […]
- Old Man of Storr SunriseWalking up to The Old Man of Storr on the beautiful Isle of Skye I had to take my now usual “fat boy” stop to catch my breath and as I turned to look back this is the view I was greeted with. Very Gothic in its appearance The Storr forms an imposing feature overlooking […]
- Carl Wark – A Winters Walk
Monthly Archives: April 2011
Well its Wednesday at least, only tomorrow to go and were off to Clumber Park again, cant wait, Stormy will be in for a treat, I got a springer bike attachment so she can run at the side of my bike…..should I book an ambulance now? Im going to try and video it 1st time out anyway, should be a laugh. She needs a lot more mileage than I can run/walk so my company on my bike will do her justice and clock up a few miles a day fitness for me.
Another shot from Lathkill, as you know by now I love water and have to be near it once every week or two, luckily Clumber Park has a massive lake so I’ll be down there wellies on and tripod in the water.
Don’t know if we will see the celebrations on Friday, my invite must have got lost in the post……good luck to them anyway
Anglesey was on Country File last night, I felt quite aggrieved I didn’t want it making public just how beautiful it is, I don’t want it swamping with 1000’s more tourists like me! in actual fact they did a pretty poor job of it and missed far more beautiful locations to film.
Sometimes it’s important to try and get that shot that makes it a little different from the norm, now it may be you get it wrong or you just get your feet wet but at least it will be different. Many many times I have gone to a location and found tripod holes and bare dirt where grass once grew, I instantly turn away and go and find something different….yes I did get wet feet, was it worth it…of course it was.
I love the flow to the far right best
have a great week
well I thought I better have another go at the waterfall at Lathkill River this time tripod and waterproof boots on. Got a lot better shot this time as I stood ankle deep in the cool river water on a beautifully scorching Saturday, big stopper on, “old faithful” never lets me down, 20s at f/11.0, no processing other than a little recovery to take down the white of the water, other than that its straight out of the camera, hope you like it.
Enjoy the bank holiday
One from earlier in the week, going back tomorrow with my full kit bag and big stopper to get some real creamy shots. We will do some more exploring while were there and maybe have an ice cream in Bakewell….if we can find parking!
have a great Easter
This is the beautiful little church at Over Haddon, Derbyshire. St Anne’s built in 1880.
It is opposite the car park where we left our cars to walk down the hill into Lathkil Dale, more shots to follow, was a wonderfully sunny afternoon and the light was just right , hope you like it…
were going again at the weekend, cant wait I feel an ice cream or two coming on
Just a quick update, Steve took a rare shot (yeah right) of me cuddling Stormy whilst at Lathkill Dale yesterday, honest there’s nothing going on!
She was as good as gold and paddled in the beautiful clear stream as much as she could all the way to the waterfalls. were going back this weekend with friends to spend more time and get the waterfall shots in for my Peak District blog, its also start of the Buxton walking festival and I have said we’ll pop in and see friends on our trip round.
My wellies should be here tomorrow so I’ll fiill you in, tech spec etc etc
By the way my T shirts are made by www.themugbarn.com email firstname.lastname@example.org she’ll sort you out with design and advice, quality gear
Just a few more now from Anglesey, well maybe quite a lot, sorry cant help it!
As the title suggests an orange burst, last remnants of the days beautiful sun. I’d kinda like to dedicate this to Elizabeth Sladen who died today, she helped me when growing up, Lis was the one that did it for me as an early teenager…….such sad news at only 63 years old.
Had a great day out yesterday at Lathkill Dale, will post some shots later
hope the sun keeps shining all week as promised
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Tuesday already and Good Friday and a long weekend to look forward to especially with the weather forecasting a mini heatwave, should be fun if it really happens.
Off to The Peaks today and its a water day, cant wait, meeting friends at Bakewell then off from there, Stormy should love it paddling in the river.
Veiled Sea shot taken at Anglesey as the sun retreats, long exposure causing the waves to mist and form a see through veil against the rocks in the foreground.
Still waiting for my super dooper wellies to arrive should have been here yesterday and they would certainly come in handy today if the land in time…. Plus just ordered a “Springer” yes a springer google it, it attaches to my mountain bike and Stormy can run at the side of me, Jo has promised a bike ride at the weekend if it arrives in time
have a great day