- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Who’d have thought itI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- I Get In Some PlacesI get in some places….yup just sold this print to Tel Aviv of all places, doing my bit for the Peak District. Big day tomorrow, flypast at Derwent for the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters, very close to my heart for me as dad was in the RAF in the 50′s and he’s always […]
- Sunset White WashHi all been a while since my last post, been real busy with prints and workshops. Today’s offering is from Anglesey, beautiful sunset rays dance across the night sky as the shoreline rocks are washed with incoming tide. One of my main locations for workshops, I spend many hours just standing waist deep in the […]
- Rhosneigr Crystal SunsetFEEL FREE TO SHARE Today’s offering is from my workshop on Anglesey last week, we didn’t have too much sun but when we did it was perfect and testament to the art of the Photographer, we waited and waited until this was the scene. worth it I hope you think. My workshops www.adrianashworth.co.uk/workshops run all […]
- Blacks Ice fallsFollowing on from the Iceberg shot I did on Wednesday here is a somewhat Nania-esque image of the falls in full flow complete with shards of ice and misty freezing spray….I think I remarked how cold it was sat in the water and especially as it came in over the top of my wellie…I never […]
- Iceberg In The PeaksHad a wonderful afternoon yesterday, had so much work on lately and haven’t had time to catch up with my winter shots so it made up well for it. As the title suggest I came across this mini iceberg at the waterfall in Blacks near the Woodhead Pass, the recent thaw hadn’t quite got to […]
- Coniston ReedsHappy Easter all and welcome to April too, Can’t believe how time is passing by so very fast, I have so much on at the moment plus some excellent commissions which I am really excited about, I’ll post more info when they are confirmed. Workshops booked for next week on Anglesey too, hope that snow […]
- Coniston Winter, well Spring treeMorning all, finally made it back from Coniston, minus the van! thats stranded in a snow drift on site and we have to go back later in the week to collect again. Apart from the obvious snow and hassles that come with it, we had a pretty productive week photography wise including a trip up […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr Twin FlowWill be heading North soon for the start of my shooting season, just found this little gem unprocessed on my 8TB, I must seriously do a clean down at some stage, far too many images not even looked at…..could do wit a week or two at it. Top session last night with Woodhead MRT, searching […]
- On A Righteous PathLlanddwyn Island off Anglesey a very spiritual place to visit and a must for photography, a right of passage shot with a twist, using my 10 stop “Big Stopper” to slow down the clouds and give this drag effect in high light. Works well don’t you think? It was also used for filming in the […]
- Who’d have thought it
Category Archives: Publications
Had a fabulous weekend away with my big sis, her hubby Dave, Jo and Stormy of course, this shot however is of two girls we met on our walk, said I would post the pic for them, so get in touch if you want a copy girls, Free of course.
Beautiful weather made it a superb weekend and the Peaks were heaving with tourists, just how it should be, para gliding, hand gliding, spectators etc etc, great fun for all.
Then we went to The Rising Sun at Shelley for their Harvest Festival auction, 50% of the proceeds towards Woodhead Mountain Rescue, great evening, lovely people and it raised approx £650 for our team, so appreciated and a really good laugh especially the landlord father, what a character. I won a Huddersfield Giants signed ball, I’ll put it with my England One I got years ago. Nigel has a strange fascination with onions, bets not to ask but he did a lovely little speech at the end to say thank you for the locals support. Me and Jo, Bill and Penny, George, Simon plus Nigel and his wife…..plus several lots of onions..lol
A very special image for today and one I would like to dedicate to my grandfather Francis Stevenson who took part in the ‘D’ landings 6th June 1944, there were some 9000 casualties (estimate), he died when I was a child in the late 60′s, I can just remember him. My mother only got his war medals in the 90′s and I believe the war office is still producing them today for families of soldiers who never received them.
It says so much about these men who fought to save out today’s that they weren’t bothered to go and get their medals. Mum said grandad didn’t talk about the war, not that it was a taboo subject, you just didn’t talk about it. Whole streets of young men went to war together and never came back, dying side by side and for what……
We treat our freedom with such complacency today as though it’s just there! while we still have our young men fighting to protect our shores from terrorist abroad. We are protected by a media bubble that inst allowed to show the true horrors of Afghanistan and other campaigns because of health and safety and the fact someone may be eating their dinner.
We allow every nation and creed to celebrate their own religion in our country and ask only that we get along peacefully, unfortunately their are elements of society bent on destroying this peace. I don’t know the answer to this problem I just wonder what my grandfather would think of it all now, all I can do is to live now as he fought for and live my life the best I can, caring, supporting, understanding and having compassion for others, hopefully this will reflect in my day to day life and I’ll be on the right tracks to be a true man like he was.
“They shall grow not old, as those that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.”
God bless them all
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Latest Blog at Peak District Online
please click HERE to read it
Hope you like it, specifically its to explain that we can all stand where others have but to come away with something hopefully a little different you must explore different approaches to your camera work
let me know if it make sense and if you like it.
blog 4 is now up and published on www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk please take a look and let me know what you think, link below. will be posting new images and a music to video shotrtly, updates to follow.
click Blog 4 to view
Well Blog 3 is now up live on www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk, link at bottom, hope you all enjoy the feature I’m having some wonderful feedback thanks ever so much, special thanks to Glyn in Munich who originates from Yorkshire and is really enjoying the feature a great critic and a friend I’m sure.
click Blog 3 to view
2nd of my blogs is up on the Peak District Online site
Click HERE to read it
hope you enjoy it
I am happy to announce I have joined the winning team over at www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk as resident photographer and blogger. The site is a one stop shop and has the most unbelievable amount of context and Peak information at lightening speed, anything Peak you need go to this site, if there is ever anything you need email me, I’ll have it included. Over the coming months I will as well as my informative, humorous blog be running, tech tips workshops, meet ups, gear tests and recommendations, if there is anything you would like me to test, investigate, photograph or simply have an opinion on, please do get in touch.
My first blog is up now:- Click Here To Read
Well I did it, first Yorkshireman to get an article in the Anglesey Island magazine, well chuffed, full page to myself and I have the commitment to do a quarterly article on the seasonal changes to the wildlife and environment within the Island and its beautiful coast. You can download and read the article (details/link at bottom of of post)
Anglesey is a place thats so dear to our hearts we get there as often as possible and have built up some great lasting friendships with locals, will have to get back there real soon to start my Spring article..
Got some great news regarding The Peak District, I am to be resident photographer for a major player…….details to follow
Just received my copy of The Photographer and page 52-55 is dedicated to little old me, well not so little but definitely old.
Received a few calls so far and an invite to do a talk at the Yorkshire BIPP next year, and a local demo and talk, will have to give it some thought. Its a great honour and I’m sure wont do me any harm at all, onward and upwards as they say!
Weather at the moment is snowy but wet so no walkies today for me, instead its a drag round the River Dearne with Stormy the Husky, at least she’s happy!