- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Glencoe Autumn MorningFeel Free To Share – may brighten up a friends day A quick upload today from my Glencoe trip, taken whilst out for a walk to the chip shop (I know how to live. lol) this late morning shot from looking down the estuary with Loch Leven behind me. The weather didn’t last too long […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr – Blue MistMonday morning and why not start with the blues…… This one from Glen Etive standing waist deep in very cold very fast flowing water looking up at the Buckle shrouded in the blue tint of mist to the left, not a place to spend too much time and I was out and getting dried off […]
- Curbar Edge InversionEvening all just a quick update from Curbar Edge where they have a mist inversion near enough every day, well worth a trip out if you’re into mist and scenic views, especially now we’re moving into the colder end of the year. A quick apology to anyone that has anything -tive from me on Youtube […]
- OK So I’m Not Perfect, Who’d Have Thought It?Feel Free to Share Autumn is here with a blast, brrrr, wind and rain and it’s set to stay a while now, will have to start getting my wet gear out now for the season. Today’s shot just to show I make mistakes too and plenty of em believe me…BUT I do like the […]
- St Cwyfans Church Anglesey Sunset RaysShare Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, […]
- Albion – Wild HorsesMorning all One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses. The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my […]
- Big Stopper – Llanddwyn IslandHi all nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see […]
- Llanddwyn IslandJust a quick piccy for some friends and one whose birthday it is today. Cheers fellas
- Barclodiad Y Gawres – ArmageddonFEEL FREE TO SHARE Morning all and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk. Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet […]
- Back Down To Earth – On With The Day JobA very happy Friday all, After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work […]
- Glencoe Autumn Morning
Category Archives: Publications
Had a fabulous weekend away with my big sis, her hubby Dave, Jo and Stormy of course, this shot however is of two girls we met on our walk, said I would post the pic for them, so get in touch if you want a copy girls, Free of course.
Beautiful weather made it a superb weekend and the Peaks were heaving with tourists, just how it should be, para gliding, hand gliding, spectators etc etc, great fun for all.
Then we went to The Rising Sun at Shelley for their Harvest Festival auction, 50% of the proceeds towards Woodhead Mountain Rescue, great evening, lovely people and it raised approx £650 for our team, so appreciated and a really good laugh especially the landlord father, what a character. I won a Huddersfield Giants signed ball, I’ll put it with my England One I got years ago. Nigel has a strange fascination with onions, bets not to ask but he did a lovely little speech at the end to say thank you for the locals support. Me and Jo, Bill and Penny, George, Simon plus Nigel and his wife…..plus several lots of onions..lol
A very special image for today and one I would like to dedicate to my grandfather Francis Stevenson who took part in the ‘D’ landings 6th June 1944, there were some 9000 casualties (estimate), he died when I was a child in the late 60’s, I can just remember him. My mother only got his war medals in the 90’s and I believe the war office is still producing them today for families of soldiers who never received them.
It says so much about these men who fought to save out today’s that they weren’t bothered to go and get their medals. Mum said grandad didn’t talk about the war, not that it was a taboo subject, you just didn’t talk about it. Whole streets of young men went to war together and never came back, dying side by side and for what……
We treat our freedom with such complacency today as though it’s just there! while we still have our young men fighting to protect our shores from terrorist abroad. We are protected by a media bubble that inst allowed to show the true horrors of Afghanistan and other campaigns because of health and safety and the fact someone may be eating their dinner.
We allow every nation and creed to celebrate their own religion in our country and ask only that we get along peacefully, unfortunately their are elements of society bent on destroying this peace. I don’t know the answer to this problem I just wonder what my grandfather would think of it all now, all I can do is to live now as he fought for and live my life the best I can, caring, supporting, understanding and having compassion for others, hopefully this will reflect in my day to day life and I’ll be on the right tracks to be a true man like he was.
“They shall grow not old, as those that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.”
God bless them all
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Latest Blog at Peak District Online
please click HERE to read it
Hope you like it, specifically its to explain that we can all stand where others have but to come away with something hopefully a little different you must explore different approaches to your camera work
let me know if it make sense and if you like it.
Well Blog 3 is now up live on www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk, link at bottom, hope you all enjoy the feature I’m having some wonderful feedback thanks ever so much, special thanks to Glyn in Munich who originates from Yorkshire and is really enjoying the feature a great critic and a friend I’m sure.
click Blog 3 to view
2nd of my blogs is up on the Peak District Online site
Click HERE to read it
hope you enjoy it
I am happy to announce I have joined the winning team over at www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk as resident photographer and blogger. The site is a one stop shop and has the most unbelievable amount of context and Peak information at lightening speed, anything Peak you need go to this site, if there is ever anything you need email me, I’ll have it included. Over the coming months I will as well as my informative, humorous blog be running, tech tips workshops, meet ups, gear tests and recommendations, if there is anything you would like me to test, investigate, photograph or simply have an opinion on, please do get in touch.
My first blog is up now:- Click Here To Read
Well I did it, first Yorkshireman to get an article in the Anglesey Island magazine, well chuffed, full page to myself and I have the commitment to do a quarterly article on the seasonal changes to the wildlife and environment within the Island and its beautiful coast. You can download and read the article (details/link at bottom of of post)
Anglesey is a place thats so dear to our hearts we get there as often as possible and have built up some great lasting friendships with locals, will have to get back there real soon to start my Spring article..
Got some great news regarding The Peak District, I am to be resident photographer for a major player…….details to follow
Just received my copy of The Photographer and page 52-55 is dedicated to little old me, well not so little but definitely old.
Received a few calls so far and an invite to do a talk at the Yorkshire BIPP next year, and a local demo and talk, will have to give it some thought. Its a great honour and I’m sure wont do me any harm at all, onward and upwards as they say!
Weather at the moment is snowy but wet so no walkies today for me, instead its a drag round the River Dearne with Stormy the Husky, at least she’s happy!