- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Been A WhileMorning all mist Inversion in The Peaks. apologies for my lack of posts lately, it’s been rather hectic, especially with the arrival of our Husky puppies to mummy Stormy, they are absolutely the cutest of dogs and Stormy is an amazing mother, we can’t believe how attentive she is and it’s all on instinct. […]
- Ynys LlanddwynYnys Llanddwyn Is now on the site for sale in various sizes, inbox me if you need canvass or foam board versions, all signed work. Max size is 8′ x 4′ foam board. http://www.adrianashworth.co.uk/gallery/wales/ No 152 Adrian
- To The PointA very good Friday morning all. Been a while since my last post, what with 2 operations, workload and planning the book for next year I’ve had little time for anything else. This week has seen me on 2 commissions and I have also sorted several prints for clients abroad…at least there will be food […]
- St Cwyfan – Church In The SeaThe start of a very busy week for me today, just got back from Birmingham with Stormy, she’s been for her 2nd mating session with Echo the very handsome husky, his eyes are the opposite way round to Stormy’s, stunning. Tomorrow I have a fantastic commission, I’ll be up near Carnforth and Ingleton, cant wait. […]
- Crystal Beachy Misty ThingyBack in Yorkshire after a fabulous working holiday in North Wales, the weather played pretty fair apart from the workshops when it persisted down all day every time! but when you’re given lemons and all that plus the company was great so made for enjoyable sessions. having luck but bad luck….. 3 days from trading […]
- Storm WarningHi all can’t wait as I’ll be stood here tomorrow for my summer workshops programme, North Wales and Anglesey at its best, 5 minutes later there was an almighty storm, just managed to pack up in time and cover my cameras. There’s a lot to be said for heading out just before a […]
- BeholdForgive the title but its about all I could come up with, when I open it up to full size I can just remember how majestic and glorified the scene was, it was ll to brief a moment but one now captured and it will stay with me for a long time. Hoping you all […]
- Mistical BeachMonday again, where does the weekend go? well let me tell you when you’re laid up with a dodgy knee it feels like 2 months, so frustrating I only hope in a couple of weeks that it will be better, still suffering from anesthetic hangover too, comes in waves of sickness not much fun!. Jo […]
- Four Crowns TractorHappy Friday all this weeks seems to have dragged by so slowly for me, basically sitting doing physio exercises isn’t my type of fun, it has however given me time to catch up with some processing and this shot is from a few weeks ago on Anglesey, titled “Four Crowns Tractor” can you spot them? […]
- Peaceful SunsetGreat News, Very honoured indeed, I have been asked to judge a photography competition on Anglesey in November, those qualifications do pay off you see..lol probably a lot more to do with the fact I sell more there then anywhere and I’m well known by the locals as the man who stands waist deep in […]
- Been A While
Category Archives: Publications
Had a fabulous weekend away with my big sis, her hubby Dave, Jo and Stormy of course, this shot however is of two girls we met on our walk, said I would post the pic for them, so get in touch if you want a copy girls, Free of course.
Beautiful weather made it a superb weekend and the Peaks were heaving with tourists, just how it should be, para gliding, hand gliding, spectators etc etc, great fun for all.
Then we went to The Rising Sun at Shelley for their Harvest Festival auction, 50% of the proceeds towards Woodhead Mountain Rescue, great evening, lovely people and it raised approx £650 for our team, so appreciated and a really good laugh especially the landlord father, what a character. I won a Huddersfield Giants signed ball, I’ll put it with my England One I got years ago. Nigel has a strange fascination with onions, bets not to ask but he did a lovely little speech at the end to say thank you for the locals support. Me and Jo, Bill and Penny, George, Simon plus Nigel and his wife…..plus several lots of onions..lol
A very special image for today and one I would like to dedicate to my grandfather Francis Stevenson who took part in the ‘D’ landings 6th June 1944, there were some 9000 casualties (estimate), he died when I was a child in the late 60′s, I can just remember him. My mother only got his war medals in the 90′s and I believe the war office is still producing them today for families of soldiers who never received them.
It says so much about these men who fought to save out today’s that they weren’t bothered to go and get their medals. Mum said grandad didn’t talk about the war, not that it was a taboo subject, you just didn’t talk about it. Whole streets of young men went to war together and never came back, dying side by side and for what……
We treat our freedom with such complacency today as though it’s just there! while we still have our young men fighting to protect our shores from terrorist abroad. We are protected by a media bubble that inst allowed to show the true horrors of Afghanistan and other campaigns because of health and safety and the fact someone may be eating their dinner.
We allow every nation and creed to celebrate their own religion in our country and ask only that we get along peacefully, unfortunately their are elements of society bent on destroying this peace. I don’t know the answer to this problem I just wonder what my grandfather would think of it all now, all I can do is to live now as he fought for and live my life the best I can, caring, supporting, understanding and having compassion for others, hopefully this will reflect in my day to day life and I’ll be on the right tracks to be a true man like he was.
“They shall grow not old, as those that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.”
God bless them all
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Latest Blog at Peak District Online
please click HERE to read it
Hope you like it, specifically its to explain that we can all stand where others have but to come away with something hopefully a little different you must explore different approaches to your camera work
let me know if it make sense and if you like it.
Well Blog 3 is now up live on www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk, link at bottom, hope you all enjoy the feature I’m having some wonderful feedback thanks ever so much, special thanks to Glyn in Munich who originates from Yorkshire and is really enjoying the feature a great critic and a friend I’m sure.
click Blog 3 to view
2nd of my blogs is up on the Peak District Online site
Click HERE to read it
hope you enjoy it
I am happy to announce I have joined the winning team over at www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk as resident photographer and blogger. The site is a one stop shop and has the most unbelievable amount of context and Peak information at lightening speed, anything Peak you need go to this site, if there is ever anything you need email me, I’ll have it included. Over the coming months I will as well as my informative, humorous blog be running, tech tips workshops, meet ups, gear tests and recommendations, if there is anything you would like me to test, investigate, photograph or simply have an opinion on, please do get in touch.
My first blog is up now:- Click Here To Read
Well I did it, first Yorkshireman to get an article in the Anglesey Island magazine, well chuffed, full page to myself and I have the commitment to do a quarterly article on the seasonal changes to the wildlife and environment within the Island and its beautiful coast. You can download and read the article (details/link at bottom of of post)
Anglesey is a place thats so dear to our hearts we get there as often as possible and have built up some great lasting friendships with locals, will have to get back there real soon to start my Spring article..
Got some great news regarding The Peak District, I am to be resident photographer for a major player…….details to follow
Just received my copy of The Photographer and page 52-55 is dedicated to little old me, well not so little but definitely old.
Received a few calls so far and an invite to do a talk at the Yorkshire BIPP next year, and a local demo and talk, will have to give it some thought. Its a great honour and I’m sure wont do me any harm at all, onward and upwards as they say!
Weather at the moment is snowy but wet so no walkies today for me, instead its a drag round the River Dearne with Stormy the Husky, at least she’s happy!