- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Competition TimePlease share among your friends and family for a chance to win this print, winner will be drawn at random by Thunder the Husky Yes thats right Thunder the Husky is the official Adrian Ashworth competition assistant, this way we are truly impartial unless someone gets to him with puppy bone treats, his fave! Todays […]
- Bamburgh Summer MorningA wonderful morning to you all, thought I’d brighten your day up with this colourful shot from Bamburgh Castle, love the mixture of colours. Today will see me at the Hilton Leeds for my portfolio review for my FBIPP then onto do a Canal shoot in Leeds City centre, hope we get a little but […]
- Cannon Hall ParkHappy Monday all here’s a piccy from a recent walk round Cannon Hall at Cawthorne Barnsley, a very pretty place complete with stately home, garden centre and cafe, there’s even a farm shop selling local produce of a very high quality and a farm for the kids to visit, generally a good day out […]
- Up Above The Streets And HousesWell I couldn’t resist with the title, think we all remember Rainbow don’t we? This is another of my shots for my FBIPP qualification folio panel next week. Yes I know you’re wondering why the sky is lighter inside the rainbow and darker on the outside, here’s the tech “The lighter sky under a […]
- Castlerigg ViewHi All and happy Friday…….see it came round quick enough Just a quick update and upload today as I’m busily getting the house ready for a view, fingers x’d we have some lovely people coming over the weekend to see if our house meets their needs and more importantly expectations, hate doing stuff like […]
- Old Man ViewAppreciate it if you would share with your friends on Face Book Morning all, nearly the weekend phew!! This shot isn’t on the website for sale but if you contact me I’ll be able to sort especially for you, it is one for my book sponsored by Go Outdoors and also my FBIPP qualification so […]
- Fellow of the British Institute of Professional PhotographyMorning all, long day yesterday getting images ready for my Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photography pre assessment on the 19th August, I’ve set aside 3 days to choose 40-50 images that will compile a broad spectrum of my genre and capabilities, I’ll be going for landscape and Commercial FBIPP. The BIPP as […]
- The Kelpies – FalkirkPlease Like And Share On Face Book With All Your Friends. Finally got round to processing the images from Falkirk. It was a rainy day when we arrived at Helix Park but pretty much as soon as we parked up (FREE) the sun came through and didn’t disappoint, entrance again is FREE and helpful staff […]
- The Old RoperyA wonderful Monday to you all, the sun is shining here in Yorkshire. My day has just been made all the better after having an enormous compliment from a friend , really made my day and I’m sure you will be wonderful at what ever you decide is a new career for you. Made me […]
- A Room With A ViewPLEASE LIKE AND SHARE WITH YOUR FACE BOOK FRIENDS The Old Ropery at Sandend – Aberdeenshire Afternoon all, is it warm enough for you? fantastic for us, not so for our little furry friends, having 4 huskies at times can be a little difficult especially when you have to have to air con units […]
- Competition Time
Category Archives: Publications
Had a fabulous weekend away with my big sis, her hubby Dave, Jo and Stormy of course, this shot however is of two girls we met on our walk, said I would post the pic for them, so get in touch if you want a copy girls, Free of course.
Beautiful weather made it a superb weekend and the Peaks were heaving with tourists, just how it should be, para gliding, hand gliding, spectators etc etc, great fun for all.
Then we went to The Rising Sun at Shelley for their Harvest Festival auction, 50% of the proceeds towards Woodhead Mountain Rescue, great evening, lovely people and it raised approx £650 for our team, so appreciated and a really good laugh especially the landlord father, what a character. I won a Huddersfield Giants signed ball, I’ll put it with my England One I got years ago. Nigel has a strange fascination with onions, bets not to ask but he did a lovely little speech at the end to say thank you for the locals support. Me and Jo, Bill and Penny, George, Simon plus Nigel and his wife…..plus several lots of onions..lol
A very special image for today and one I would like to dedicate to my grandfather Francis Stevenson who took part in the ‘D’ landings 6th June 1944, there were some 9000 casualties (estimate), he died when I was a child in the late 60′s, I can just remember him. My mother only got his war medals in the 90′s and I believe the war office is still producing them today for families of soldiers who never received them.
It says so much about these men who fought to save out today’s that they weren’t bothered to go and get their medals. Mum said grandad didn’t talk about the war, not that it was a taboo subject, you just didn’t talk about it. Whole streets of young men went to war together and never came back, dying side by side and for what……
We treat our freedom with such complacency today as though it’s just there! while we still have our young men fighting to protect our shores from terrorist abroad. We are protected by a media bubble that inst allowed to show the true horrors of Afghanistan and other campaigns because of health and safety and the fact someone may be eating their dinner.
We allow every nation and creed to celebrate their own religion in our country and ask only that we get along peacefully, unfortunately their are elements of society bent on destroying this peace. I don’t know the answer to this problem I just wonder what my grandfather would think of it all now, all I can do is to live now as he fought for and live my life the best I can, caring, supporting, understanding and having compassion for others, hopefully this will reflect in my day to day life and I’ll be on the right tracks to be a true man like he was.
“They shall grow not old, as those that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.”
God bless them all
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Latest Blog at Peak District Online
please click HERE to read it
Hope you like it, specifically its to explain that we can all stand where others have but to come away with something hopefully a little different you must explore different approaches to your camera work
let me know if it make sense and if you like it.
Well Blog 3 is now up live on www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk, link at bottom, hope you all enjoy the feature I’m having some wonderful feedback thanks ever so much, special thanks to Glyn in Munich who originates from Yorkshire and is really enjoying the feature a great critic and a friend I’m sure.
click Blog 3 to view
2nd of my blogs is up on the Peak District Online site
Click HERE to read it
hope you enjoy it
I am happy to announce I have joined the winning team over at www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk as resident photographer and blogger. The site is a one stop shop and has the most unbelievable amount of context and Peak information at lightening speed, anything Peak you need go to this site, if there is ever anything you need email me, I’ll have it included. Over the coming months I will as well as my informative, humorous blog be running, tech tips workshops, meet ups, gear tests and recommendations, if there is anything you would like me to test, investigate, photograph or simply have an opinion on, please do get in touch.
My first blog is up now:- Click Here To Read
Well I did it, first Yorkshireman to get an article in the Anglesey Island magazine, well chuffed, full page to myself and I have the commitment to do a quarterly article on the seasonal changes to the wildlife and environment within the Island and its beautiful coast. You can download and read the article (details/link at bottom of of post)
Anglesey is a place thats so dear to our hearts we get there as often as possible and have built up some great lasting friendships with locals, will have to get back there real soon to start my Spring article..
Got some great news regarding The Peak District, I am to be resident photographer for a major player…….details to follow
Just received my copy of The Photographer and page 52-55 is dedicated to little old me, well not so little but definitely old.
Received a few calls so far and an invite to do a talk at the Yorkshire BIPP next year, and a local demo and talk, will have to give it some thought. Its a great honour and I’m sure wont do me any harm at all, onward and upwards as they say!
Weather at the moment is snowy but wet so no walkies today for me, instead its a drag round the River Dearne with Stormy the Husky, at least she’s happy!