- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- A Quiet DayLadybower Reservoir – Peaks At last a quiet day, or should I speak too soon!. Throwing it down outside with gale force winds…hmmm not the best way to spend a Wednesday I guess but here in my office with the fur kids and a classic Scorpions track on ‘maybe I maybe you’ who could ask […]
- Edale MRT – An afternoon shoot with a group of unsung HEROESMorning all I was very honoured to do the new team shot of Edale Mountain Rescue at the weekend. A wonderful bunch of guys who selflessly give up their free time and in some cases work time to attend call outs in all weathers to assist people in trouble, whether they be hill walkers, climbers, […]
- Hoglets PlayingHedgehogs – Why can’t they just share! I know a very bad joke, almost as bad as me saying the picture has hoglets playing on and around the mill stone, does look a little like them do doesn’t it?. So the weekend is almost here and the snow is slowly melting, must say the […]
- Don’t Worry It’ll Soon Be SummerThought we all needed a bit of a summer image to warm us up a little. The snow is falling outside and has been all night, we have 3-4 inches so far. The fur gang are playing in the garden and absolutely loving it, we’re just waiting for it to get light enough so we […]
- Over Owler – Surprise ViewHappy Monday Morning all…….here’s a shot from the Peak District OK OK, so it’s your first day back at work since the Christmas and New Year break but let’s face it, how wonderful is this time of year with its crisp mornings and long sleepy nights, beautiful sunrises and snow capped peaks , see […]
- Elgol ViewHappy New Year everyone a massive thank you to those who have supported my move away from social media, really was getting ridiculous, I had loads of images stolen and the daily supply of upsetting images displayed by certain people and groups was very disturbing, time and a place and I’m afraid it was just […]
- UntitledHi all Just a quick update but first let me wish you all a very Happy Healthy New Year…… there, that’s that done! Now to progress into 2015 we have decided to make a few changes to the way we market and run www.adrianashworth.co.uk. Over the last few months Facebook has developed and deployed new […]
- Fairy Pools PortraitFeel Free To Share Like and Especially Comment Happy Monday morning all, it’s nearly time for Santa and I hope you’ve all been good little boys and girls, some very lucky special people will be receiving prints bought from my website this year by loved ones. I’d like to say a very special thanks you […]
- Carl Wark – A Winters WalkFell Free To Share, Like and Especially Comment Is it Tuesday already, the last 10 days seems to have blurred by so fast, it will be Christmas Day before we know it, getting so excited, family coming for dinner, my favourite part, it’s particularly important as my uncle Eric is still in hospital with Leukaemia […]
- Northumberland Boulder SunsetFeel Free To Share, Tag and I love Your Comments. A very good Thursday all, hope you are all bearing up well with the Weather Bomb! we’ve see plenty of rain over the last few days, now we’re hoping the white stuff will land by the weekend and stay till the new year (I know […]
- A Quiet Day
Category Archives: Publications
Just a quick update but first let me wish you all a very Happy Healthy New Year……
there, that’s that done!
Now to progress into 2015 we have decided to make a few changes to the way we market and run www.adrianashworth.co.uk. Over the last few months Facebook has developed and deployed new software that tracks and sells your info to the highest bidder, what you treat as social media is in fact you giving away all your likes and dislikes, a marketing companies dream come true for FREE.
With this in mind we feel it is better to run our own marketing campaigns and are looking at management solutions for future growth.
In future this will be the only place to see new works and my progress in the photographic world, subscription to the blog is/will be available and I would love to keep in touch with as many FB friends as possible but through more traditional methods, phone and email which are far more private and meaningful.
Once again many thanks for all the love and support over the years, please continue to do so in 2015.
Adrian, Jo, Stormy, Indy, Thunder and Thor x
Had a fabulous weekend away with my big sis, her hubby Dave, Jo and Stormy of course, this shot however is of two girls we met on our walk, said I would post the pic for them, so get in touch if you want a copy girls, Free of course.
Beautiful weather made it a superb weekend and the Peaks were heaving with tourists, just how it should be, para gliding, hand gliding, spectators etc etc, great fun for all.
Then we went to The Rising Sun at Shelley for their Harvest Festival auction, 50% of the proceeds towards Woodhead Mountain Rescue, great evening, lovely people and it raised approx £650 for our team, so appreciated and a really good laugh especially the landlord father, what a character. I won a Huddersfield Giants signed ball, I’ll put it with my England One I got years ago. Nigel has a strange fascination with onions, bets not to ask but he did a lovely little speech at the end to say thank you for the locals support. Me and Jo, Bill and Penny, George, Simon plus Nigel and his wife…..plus several lots of onions..lol
A very special image for today and one I would like to dedicate to my grandfather Francis Stevenson who took part in the ‘D’ landings 6th June 1944, there were some 9000 casualties (estimate), he died when I was a child in the late 60’s, I can just remember him. My mother only got his war medals in the 90’s and I believe the war office is still producing them today for families of soldiers who never received them.
It says so much about these men who fought to save out today’s that they weren’t bothered to go and get their medals. Mum said grandad didn’t talk about the war, not that it was a taboo subject, you just didn’t talk about it. Whole streets of young men went to war together and never came back, dying side by side and for what……
We treat our freedom with such complacency today as though it’s just there! while we still have our young men fighting to protect our shores from terrorist abroad. We are protected by a media bubble that inst allowed to show the true horrors of Afghanistan and other campaigns because of health and safety and the fact someone may be eating their dinner.
We allow every nation and creed to celebrate their own religion in our country and ask only that we get along peacefully, unfortunately their are elements of society bent on destroying this peace. I don’t know the answer to this problem I just wonder what my grandfather would think of it all now, all I can do is to live now as he fought for and live my life the best I can, caring, supporting, understanding and having compassion for others, hopefully this will reflect in my day to day life and I’ll be on the right tracks to be a true man like he was.
“They shall grow not old, as those that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.”
God bless them all
Shot used by Peak imaging, Sheffield to illustrate the impact their printing quality gives to photographic prints, I use them all the time and I am totally delighted with not only the quality but the friendly cant do enough approach they have with you as a client. They recently printed and sent shots to Spain for my client, they were there within 4 days and my client has them hanging on her wall now, see HERE
Latest Blog at Peak District Online
please click HERE to read it
Hope you like it, specifically its to explain that we can all stand where others have but to come away with something hopefully a little different you must explore different approaches to your camera work
let me know if it make sense and if you like it.
Well Blog 3 is now up live on www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk, link at bottom, hope you all enjoy the feature I’m having some wonderful feedback thanks ever so much, special thanks to Glyn in Munich who originates from Yorkshire and is really enjoying the feature a great critic and a friend I’m sure.
click Blog 3 to view
2nd of my blogs is up on the Peak District Online site
Click HERE to read it
hope you enjoy it
I am happy to announce I have joined the winning team over at www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk as resident photographer and blogger. The site is a one stop shop and has the most unbelievable amount of context and Peak information at lightening speed, anything Peak you need go to this site, if there is ever anything you need email me, I’ll have it included. Over the coming months I will as well as my informative, humorous blog be running, tech tips workshops, meet ups, gear tests and recommendations, if there is anything you would like me to test, investigate, photograph or simply have an opinion on, please do get in touch.
My first blog is up now:- Click Here To Read
Well I did it, first Yorkshireman to get an article in the Anglesey Island magazine, well chuffed, full page to myself and I have the commitment to do a quarterly article on the seasonal changes to the wildlife and environment within the Island and its beautiful coast. You can download and read the article (details/link at bottom of of post)
Anglesey is a place thats so dear to our hearts we get there as often as possible and have built up some great lasting friendships with locals, will have to get back there real soon to start my Spring article..
Got some great news regarding The Peak District, I am to be resident photographer for a major player…….details to follow