- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- The Magical WoodHi all had a great weekend filming topped off by a long drive to Hertfordshire on Sunday to do an event shoot for Woodland Trust and Disney. The Magical Wood is the largest new native forest in England with some 15,000 new trees being planted. The partnership between the Woodland Trust and Disney celebrated its […]
- Apocalypse CompletedWell she’s finally completed after a while in Photoshop, must admit I really enjoyed doing this, just need a real life woman now……I know they all say that lol She started out as this. Then went to this. Good fun all the same Adrian
- Apocalypse FashionApocalypse Fashion Perhaps one day, you never know especially with the way the world is going….lets hope not Today’s image is courtesy of being awake with ideas buzzing round my head since 3:20. Since Jo was unavailable and wouldn’t do it for a gold pig anyway I had to dig old Jenna Jameson out of […]
- The Old Floating Banana ShotA little I’ll grant but it’s a well used trick in photography using layers and masks and while I had 5 mins to play I thought I’d give the B1 a blast, just one to the right slightly behind the camera on TTL, quite a neat trick really and definitely worth trying with different subjects […]
- Still No SnowHonestly can’t believe how mild it’s gone now, I cleaned the cars on Sunday in a T shirt and today’s dog walk I was just wearing a fleece, has spring sprung already? even the white flower things , snowdrops thats it, useless with plants are out in abundance. It’s ruining my commission shoot! Here’s another […]
- Come on Snow where are you?Isn’t it always the case! you get a commission for snow Christmas type woodland shots and the weather turns mild! was up and out early today to try and get the frost but the woodland was still muddy and misty not at all festive. Lets hope the next few weeks bring a cold spell and […]
- TPT SilkstoneHappy Friday all as part of a commission shoot for Christmas cards I ventured out earlier in the week to scout a few locations, one of which was the Trans Pennine Trail at Silkstone and although it was a thoroughly dismal day with deep mud and fog it was great to be out and about. […]
- Rhosneigr World In A CrystalBack to my trademark crystal ball, this time capturing the setting sun at Rhosneigr my spiritual home and where we have so many friends. Hopefully we’ll be there in a few weeks as my workshop season starts again there and in Snowdonia. Special price for 2016 too just £150 for a full day max 3 […]
- Preparation pfffff!Yup PREPARATION indeed, just shows how the pro’s screw up too. Up at 5 am out with the husky gang for a walk, lovely frosty morning, white over, perfect for my commission I thought, so back home kit is ready and waiting (good boy scout) so I just have to get ready drop Jo off […]
- Porth Y Post Sunset RocksAnd I do mean rock literally, Porth Y Post is just one of those place that keep pulling me back there time and again, not only because of the stunning coastline, secluded cove and generally gorgeous weather but to see a friendly seal that seems to wait for our visits, he/she pops their head up […]
- The Magical Wood
Category Archives: The Peaks
Honestly can’t believe how mild it’s gone now, I cleaned the cars on Sunday in a T shirt and today’s dog walk I was just wearing a fleece, has spring sprung already? even the white flower things , snowdrops thats it, useless with plants are out in abundance. It’s ruining my commission shoot!
Here’s another snow one from last year, fingers x’d we’ll see some more yet
Isn’t it always the case! you get a commission for snow Christmas type woodland shots and the weather turns mild! was up and out early today to try and get the frost but the woodland was still muddy and misty not at all festive. Lets hope the next few weeks bring a cold spell and some of the white stuff. I have all my locations scouted and ready to go so ready when mother nature is……..
Today is one from last year at Black Clough in The Peaks, a good long walk up to the water fall near the top, bet it isn’t frozen yet though.
Just off the main Woodhead Road is an area called Salter’s brook and I believe Lady Shaw, here you’ll find remnants of an old Inn dating back to the 18th century. Although not good for ale any more it does serve well as a great composition for the winter frost, and a little shelter for the roaming sheep.
You just may spot Buster the blonde German Shepherd in the distance have a good forage round the moor, he was there with my friend Gordon, Stormy was tied on to me, way to risky with sheep about to ever let her go free!.
Have a great weekend
Taken 5 mins after the storm the rocks still wet and a reflective pool near the Trig Point. This wasn’t particularly a good composition but the sky was awesome so it’s here to stay and for sale.
Trusty filters used were , Singh Ray Reverse Grad, Lee .6 and Lee Star Filter
A lovely short walk up to the Trig Point at Stanage edge in The Peaks although it can be a bit boggy at times and parking is at a premium along the roadside so get there early to capture the great views.
Went to Rotherham last night for my introduction and interview for the Community First Responder volunteer scheme, as I walked in teh room I was greeted by a shout of “he’ll be perfect for this”, so nice to bump into Dave R from Glossop Mountain Rescue, a really genuine and nice guy who was an assessor on my Casualty Care exam from Mountain Rescue. Was a great evening and met some lovely people, some eye opening info regarding call outs too. Just got to wait now for a call back for checks and occupational health etc, fingers x’d all will go well and I may be let loose on the public sometime soon in the future.
Still no snow here, come on winter
bit chilly here in the UK, nothing like Moscow but it’s still big coat weather for the southerners, we’ll be BBQing in summer gear up north!
One from last year still getting round to processing images from this shoot in the Peaks, freezing cold Sunday morning with my Stormy at my side and a mug of hot chocolate, what more could you need. Solitude with a hint of husky there is no better life than this, mind you some idiot broke the wipers on my car while I was up there, sure Karma will sort at her leisure.
Got a great commission yesterday and I’m very honoured to be asked to produce the Christmas cards for The Woodland Trust, I have until May to submit my work so I’m now praying we get the full blown winter back again, 2 or 3 feet of the old white stuff would be welcome in a couple of weeks time if possible please. Got some nice locations planned anyway that will really suit the freezing weather. Stay tuned for the results.
Day 2 of the Fatboy Slim diet and I’m not doing too bad, did 40mins CV at the gym this morning following the husky walk, off for a bigger husky walk at 11 ish then it’s my interview tonight for Community First Responder at Rotherham, fingers x’d I’ll get in and give something back to the community round where we live. The beauty of the responder is that when you are called you actually help save a live, what better thing can you do for your fellow man, really excited about it.
Just seen the press pack for ‘Barging Round Britain‘ with John Sergeant, should be on ITV 13th Feb 20.00. Episode 1 is Leeds Liverpool which is one of the canals I did the stills for, looking forward to seeing it and even more so the book.
Have a great day, oh and I need to check and see that my submission for my Fellowship has arrived safe and well at BIPP HQ……see I’m still banging on about it.
Ladybower Reservoir – Peaks
At last a quiet day, or should I speak too soon!.
Throwing it down outside with gale force winds…hmmm not the best way to spend a Wednesday I guess but here in my office with the fur kids and a classic Scorpions track on ‘maybe I maybe you’ who could ask for more.
Just waiting for the WireO versions of book to arrive so I can get all my info together for the BIPP Fellowship. Been a tough moth or so putting this together and we’re getting ready for a break in the HUMO (husky mobile), I feel a coast trip beckoning sooner rather than later. Should have all my assessment submission in the post for the 1st Feb then it’s the long wait until my assessment at BIPP HQ Aylesbury 10th March.
Ah well on with my stress free day, coffee calling me thinks
OK OK, so it’s your first day back at work since the Christmas and New Year break but let’s face it, how wonderful is this time of year with its crisp mornings and long sleepy nights, beautiful sunrises and snow capped peaks , see it’s not all bad is it?
Had a few more emails from folks over the weekend re my reason for pulling away from social media namely face book. It wasn’t a difficult decision as face book are selling my info and yours too to marketing companies and such for a profit, I also get really upset by the number of people posting negative subjects and animal abuse, I just wanted it to be a place to enjoy good humorous banter and maybe draw a little traffic to my website to brighten peoples day. But mainly was the amount of my work that was being taken and used on websites without asking….very naughty indeed, they obviously don’t understand the cost implications for just one of my shots, anyway hopefully now all images are tagged and I can monitor them across the web.
Great also that most of my FB friends the real ones that is have subscribed to my blog and have emailed me for chats so thats really lovely, thanks you guys, it’s nice to use the old fashioned way to stay in touch sometimes isn’t it?
On a plus note I have just discovered Little Chocolate Orange flavoured coffee, yes Chocolate Orange flavour, it’s absolutely gorgeous, so very wrong it’s so right, expensive but what a treat on a cold winters morning.
Very busy January now getting pictures and info ready for submission for my Fellowship in March.
Have a wonderful week
Is it Tuesday already, the last 10 days seems to have blurred by so fast, it will be Christmas Day before we know it, getting so excited, family coming for dinner, my favourite part, it’s particularly important as my uncle Eric is still in hospital with Leukaemia complications of treatment so we’re really hoping things will be settled down enough for him to be home with us for the day.
In the meantime I’m suffering with ManFlu……..I hear all you women groan at my comment!, it’s a true medical condition I tell you, I have it pretty bad this time too, chest infection, headaches, shivers you name it, even Jo admits I have it bad this time instead of calling me a whimp! Anyway I’ll brave it through and ride the fever.lol
Today’s offering is a walk in The Peaks, Carl Wark, the iron age hill fort on Hathersage Moor, a steady little walk with great views across the peaks, usually quite busy but I had it pretty much to myself on this occasion.
Tomorrow is the last day for print sales that will be delivered in time for Christmas, so get those orders in NOW
just a quick update from Curbar Edge where they have a mist inversion near enough every day, well worth a trip out if you’re into mist and scenic views, especially now we’re moving into the colder end of the year.
A quick apology to anyone that has anything -tive from me on Youtube or Facebook, looks like I have been hacked and as such may well have to close all the FB and YT links down and start again….not much fun but it will give me an opportunity to do some much needed house keeping, again apologies to anyone who received anything spurious and unlike me, I’ll try and find everyone again if I have to kill the accounts.
Jo collects her supa doopa new car tomorrow, she’s like a 5 year old, so excited and can’t sleep bless her, she deserves it and more for putting up with me all these years lol. I’ll post pics tomorrow
mist Inversion in The Peaks.
apologies for my lack of posts lately, it’s been rather hectic, especially with the arrival of our Husky puppies to mummy Stormy, they are absolutely the cutest of dogs and Stormy is an amazing mother, we can’t believe how attentive she is and it’s all on instinct. Needless to say we would love to keep them all but sadly I’m only allowed to keep the one, a beautiful little girlie, though I’m trying like mad with Jo to let me keep a boy one which I must admit to having a soft spot for, he’s called “Thunder” pic below
Other news in the making, I start the book later this month kicking off with an overnight on Snowdon, had to get special permission to hitch up the tent as the weather could well be snowy, saying that I’m relying on it! many thanks to the National Park for their help and assistance. Likewise my sponsors for the book are Go Outdoors, can’t thank them enough for their continued support in the project. Cheers guys.
I’ll continue to update the site as often as I can during the book with images and stories, also updates on the 4 puppies and their antics