- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Glencoe Autumn MorningFeel Free To Share – may brighten up a friends day A quick upload today from my Glencoe trip, taken whilst out for a walk to the chip shop (I know how to live. lol) this late morning shot from looking down the estuary with Loch Leven behind me. The weather didn’t last too long […]
- Buachaille Etive Mòr – Blue MistMonday morning and why not start with the blues…… This one from Glen Etive standing waist deep in very cold very fast flowing water looking up at the Buckle shrouded in the blue tint of mist to the left, not a place to spend too much time and I was out and getting dried off […]
- Curbar Edge InversionEvening all just a quick update from Curbar Edge where they have a mist inversion near enough every day, well worth a trip out if you’re into mist and scenic views, especially now we’re moving into the colder end of the year. A quick apology to anyone that has anything -tive from me on Youtube […]
- OK So I’m Not Perfect, Who’d Have Thought It?Feel Free to Share Autumn is here with a blast, brrrr, wind and rain and it’s set to stay a while now, will have to start getting my wet gear out now for the season. Today’s shot just to show I make mistakes too and plenty of em believe me…BUT I do like the […]
- St Cwyfans Church Anglesey Sunset RaysShare Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, […]
- Albion – Wild HorsesMorning all One from a few weeks ago, shot on Anglesey with the wild horses. The title is taken from and pays homage to the shoot I did with Ten and their forthcoming mega album Albion, just so happens the last track is called Wild Horses, seems fate has a large paw in pitching my […]
- Big Stopper – Llanddwyn IslandHi all nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see […]
- Llanddwyn IslandJust a quick piccy for some friends and one whose birthday it is today. Cheers fellas
- Barclodiad Y Gawres – ArmageddonFEEL FREE TO SHARE Morning all and after a night of rain it’s beautifully sunny, blue skies, wonderful to wake up to and take the gang out for a walk. Today’s image is one thats taken me quite a while to capture, waiting for all the elements to come into line, dark skies, dry yet […]
- Back Down To Earth – On With The Day JobA very happy Friday all, After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work […]
- Glencoe Autumn Morning
Category Archives: Seascapes and Water
Share Away For A Chance To Win This Image 16″ x 11″ Print
Hey hey its Friday…..at long last. Been quite a week and we’re really looking forward to a weekend of decorating, OK we’re not but it needs doing and the painting fairies seemed to have deserted us, wait til we catch em, little so and so’s.
So that’s our weekend sorted, is anyone up to anything better?, figure that will be everyone reading this.
Today’s image is from Anglesey, where else! and is of St Cywfans Church, a beautiful secluded bay that never seems to disappoint. Becoming a fave place of our to wind down after a hard day walking the pups, especially lovely to see the sun go down and calm seas.
wishing you all a lovely weekend, unfortunately Monday will be here all too soon
nearly the weekend and I have a few shoots to complete for Monday, one in the Peaks so I’m pleased with that as it’s been quite a while, I may well take Stormy with me especially as she’s having a makeover on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Elite Dog Grooming, can’t to see the fluff ball as she’s been blowing her coat for the last month and driving us mad with wooly fur everywhere, 3rd hoover this year, nothing lasts with a husky!
Another shot from Llanddwyn Island, this time using my Lee Big Stopper filter to gain some cloud drag, shot was midday so it would only allow 30secs at f/22, worked quite well though didn’t it.
After what seems to be a whirlwind week doing the album shoot for Ten which went down fantastically, was really great fun and the guys are awesome, all friendly and at the top of their game, if you love melodic hard rock with crystal clear vocals and stunning guitar work then Ten are the band for you. I am now their official photographer and will be doing other shoots in the near future, their new album “Albion” is due for release November 2014 I believe, can’t wait.
Finally managed to get round to processing my shots from Anglesey 2 weeks ago, this one is of South Stack lighthouse at sunset.
You’ll notice my trademark crystal pyramid but more importantly the misty smoke coming in from the right. I have used this on countless shots and it also played a major role in the Ten shoot (pictures will be available after album launch, and sale to huge worldwide fan base), anyway my smoke machine is a Tiny CX and was supplied by http://www.smokemachines.net if you ask for Ben he’ll help you out, mention me and you’ll get a discount. Very friendly company and his advice and knowledge of the product is fantastic, he not only saved me money but from buying the completely wrong model…..you tube doesn’t tell you everything lol
busy week ahead with 2 more shoots booked and prints to organise for an office environment…..
have a great weekend all
Quick update and shot tonight…….
Just got back from a great 2 week hols come shoot /work on Anglesey and I’m back there tomorrow for a shoot with Rock Band Ten, really excited as I have followed them for many years….real pleasure day for me, saying that its taken all yesterday and up to 4pm today to get all the kit ready and tested. Good to have the assistance and company of Chris Philips with me too tomorrow, a talented photographer expanding his repertoire.
Will post an update later but the shots will have to wait until after the albums release and subsequent sale by Ten on line.
A very foreboding sky at Glencoe, Scotland, a few mins later the heavens opened and that was shot over time, fortunately the motor-home was 10m behind me and I just strolled back for safety.
Will be heading to Wales Sunday for some serious catching up with my sea and landscape shooting, a few workshops to slot in too with some lovely new friends. here’s hoping for some nice but changeable weather, may even get some climbing in dogs , Jo permitting.
Will be updating the site as I go along whilst away and Thunder will be announcing the winner of the Sunburst poppies image, so if you haven’t shared it yet on facebook with friends and family hurry up and do so to win the print. Link HERE
Yes thats right Thunder the Husky is the official Adrian Ashworth competition assistant, this way we are truly impartial unless someone gets to him with puppy bone treats, his fave!
Todays image is from Bamburgh in Northumberland and is of the poppy field at the side of the castle, you can make out the silhouetted battlements and sunburst through its turrets. This is a limited edition version and will be on the website later for sale, I am limiting it to 100 copies only with the winner receiving the first direct from my sponsor Peak Imaging in Sheffield.
So don’t forget you need to share then leave a comment that you have shared, Thunder can only pick from those who have commented “Shared” on my FB page either my personal one Adrian Ashworth or my business page Adrian Ashworth
Winner will be picked once we have plenty of Shares, last months winner was Janet Vickers who received her print of the Island Queen, it was also her birthday so well done Janet x
My day has just been made all the better after having an enormous compliment from a friend , really made my day and I’m sure you will be wonderful at what ever you decide is a new career for you. Made me think actually if I can feel this good after a few small words, how would it be if me / you send someone a text email call them even and tell them they are something special, imaging what sort of day that would turn out to be for the lucky recipient. It’s so easy to be nice isnt it?
Anyway on with today’s image, Sandend Scotland again, a wider view of the old ropery or what’s left of it anyway, takes a bit to walk round to it and it’s a little tricky under foot but I’m sure you’ll agree worth the challenge!. Would have like to call back again soon as the heather was just coming into bloom and the smell of the sea and heather together was beautiful.
Spent the weekend on a commission project again down in Northants, though we did get caught up on the way down for 45 minutes in the M1 closure, at least we were far luckier than the poor people in the accident, sometimes you have to sit back and relax, there are definitely worse things happening to others, be thankful for you health etc etc. Spent a super day with good company and enjoyed the beautiful weather in a n even more beautiful part of our country, thatched cottages and country inns, canal walks and river folk…..who could ask for more.
Spending today processing shots and catching up doggy walking, poor things only got 2 walkies yesterday and they get cranky if I don’t manage at least 3 so it’s make it up to the pooches afternoon, think I’m I’m forgiven just given them a donut to share, I know its not good for them but a treat once in a while is good.
Anyway on with the day, enjoy everyone
The Old Ropery at Sandend – Aberdeenshire
Afternoon all, is it warm enough for you? fantastic for us, not so for our little furry friends, having 4 huskies at times can be a little difficult especially when you have to have to air con units blasting ice cold air out all night keeping you awake while they lay on their backs in cool luxury….wouldn’t have it any other way, but we could certainly use a nights sleep!
This shot from our little jaunt up to Scotland last week or is it 2 weeks, time flies for sure, we’ll be heading off again in a few weeks once I get my contracted work complete. Anyway this is I believe is the old Ropery at Red Haven very near Sandend Bay and the beautiful little village.
Fantastic caravan/Campsite hosted by a lovely family who couldn’t do enough for us, a real treat to come across such a friendly place. we’ll be going back I’m sure, loads more to investigate.
Sunday will see me down at the Grand Union Canal in Northants doing some contract shots, I’ll be covering a few site and going back again next week for a portrait session there. All good and very exciting stuff, sorry I can’t elaborate further but its all contracted until 2015. Hope this weather holds out for me too.
Anyway have a great weekend all
As the title suggests it’s going nowhere fast apart from decaying into the oblivion of the sands.
A couple of new toys coming today, first a Lowepro Sport AW200 rucksack, so if you see a big lad with a bright orange rucksack and huge lens running up and down Woodhead this Sunday say hello and secondly which is my fave is the Sony STM10plug in mic for my Xperia Z2, hopefully this will eliminate the dreadful sound probs I had Saturday night at the Tony Christie concert
have a wonderful weekend all