- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Stormfront ApproachingA very foreboding sky at Glencoe, Scotland, a few mins later the heavens opened and that was shot over time, fortunately the motor-home was 10m behind me and I just strolled back for safety. Will be heading to Wales Sunday for some serious catching up with my sea and landscape shooting, a few workshops to […]
- Competition TimePlease share among your friends and family for a chance to win this print, winner will be drawn at random by Thunder the Husky Yes thats right Thunder the Husky is the official Adrian Ashworth competition assistant, this way we are truly impartial unless someone gets to him with puppy bone treats, his fave! Todays […]
- Bamburgh Summer MorningA wonderful morning to you all, thought I’d brighten your day up with this colourful shot from Bamburgh Castle, love the mixture of colours. Today will see me at the Hilton Leeds for my portfolio review for my FBIPP then onto do a Canal shoot in Leeds City centre, hope we get a little but […]
- Cannon Hall ParkHappy Monday all here’s a piccy from a recent walk round Cannon Hall at Cawthorne Barnsley, a very pretty place complete with stately home, garden centre and cafe, there’s even a farm shop selling local produce of a very high quality and a farm for the kids to visit, generally a good day out […]
- Up Above The Streets And HousesWell I couldn’t resist with the title, think we all remember Rainbow don’t we? This is another of my shots for my FBIPP qualification folio panel next week. Yes I know you’re wondering why the sky is lighter inside the rainbow and darker on the outside, here’s the tech “The lighter sky under a […]
- Castlerigg ViewHi All and happy Friday…….see it came round quick enough Just a quick update and upload today as I’m busily getting the house ready for a view, fingers x’d we have some lovely people coming over the weekend to see if our house meets their needs and more importantly expectations, hate doing stuff like […]
- Old Man ViewAppreciate it if you would share with your friends on Face Book Morning all, nearly the weekend phew!! This shot isn’t on the website for sale but if you contact me I’ll be able to sort especially for you, it is one for my book sponsored by Go Outdoors and also my FBIPP qualification so […]
- Fellow of the British Institute of Professional PhotographyMorning all, long day yesterday getting images ready for my Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photography pre assessment on the 19th August, I’ve set aside 3 days to choose 40-50 images that will compile a broad spectrum of my genre and capabilities, I’ll be going for landscape and Commercial FBIPP. The BIPP as […]
- The Kelpies – FalkirkPlease Like And Share On Face Book With All Your Friends. Finally got round to processing the images from Falkirk. It was a rainy day when we arrived at Helix Park but pretty much as soon as we parked up (FREE) the sun came through and didn’t disappoint, entrance again is FREE and helpful staff […]
- The Old RoperyA wonderful Monday to you all, the sun is shining here in Yorkshire. My day has just been made all the better after having an enormous compliment from a friend , really made my day and I’m sure you will be wonderful at what ever you decide is a new career for you. Made me […]
- Stormfront Approaching
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Just started compiling shot from The Three Peaks and this one is from Ben Nevis, we did this climb covered in midges from the bottom to pretty near the top and although it was done in August 2010 I still have a black toe nail……..
If you look closely and large you can make out the ant like people about a quarter the way up from the bottom of the picture, gives you a perspective and scale of this most wonderful landscape, I must say out of the Three Peaks for me this has the most spectacular views and its a toss up to which is harder Ben Nevis or Scafell, Snowdon you could run up and have a beer at the top.
Finally got round to processing the shots from The Three Peaks I did this year, shot was taken mid way up Scafell Pike, quite a difficult climb especially as I was carrying 2st of camera gear with me, I learnt a valuable lesson as I took nothing like that up Ben Nevis. Going up is the easy part, coming down your toes press into the front of your boots and the old knees start to ache, still the views are well worth the hassle, plus its another off the old tick list.
If you would like to view this LARGE then please go to http://www.adrianashworth.co.uk/?page_id=495 and click on the thumbnail
Well we set off on a long Dearne walk on Saturday, as usual Stormy got covered in mud and god knows what else, the area was
completely flooded and as we tried to cross over our usual sunken wooden bridge Storm fell off and got her back legs stuck in the nud
panic ensued and Jo came to her rescue she went her knees in the icy water, while I held her and Stormy’s front end, luckily she came out with a loud pop and splash of water.
needless to say we were both soaked and poor Jo had to ring out her socks at the river bank. We all slept well Saturday night especially Stormy.
Back pout later today for more shots.
Have a bio and 8 shots to submit for a special on me for a Peak District magazine and to start my blog work for a prestigious website so I should get 1 million hits a month to my shots, cant do me any harm can it?
Wwwwhhheeeyyyy, its snowing again, just had a fantastic walk by the Dearne River with Stormy, snow heavily dropping into the river and surrounding forrest, truly a great place to be. Storm went off lead for a 1st and came to heel every time she was called back, what a little star she is, cant get over how clever and good she is without really been trained to any level, 7 months old, heels, sits, rolls over and paws on head not bad doing eh!
Turning to rain now…bbooohhhhooo
One again from a few weeks ago, the mist inversion cloaking the cement works at Hope, was a freezing cold day but the sun gave a warm glow to the bracken and dead heather.
Coast this weekend hopefully, in need of the sea, and Stormy needs a swim
Well all the festivities are well and truly over now, the raining has started and the days are going to drag on!
this shot is from a couple of weeks ago down by The Dearne River, love the way the ice was just broken enough to allow a reflection of the sun kissed trees, clear rich blue skies and the frost clinging to the trees, a perfect winter scene.
Off out later and tomorrow its off to the Peaks, been a while, need to get back in the swing of it, coast at the weekend all being well.