- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- Apocalypse CompletedWell she’s finally completed after a while in Photoshop, must admit I really enjoyed doing this, just need a real life woman now……I know they all say that lol She started out as this. Then went to this. Good fun all the same Adrian
- Apocalypse FashionApocalypse Fashion Perhaps one day, you never know especially with the way the world is going….lets hope not Today’s image is courtesy of being awake with ideas buzzing round my head since 3:20. Since Jo was unavailable and wouldn’t do it for a gold pig anyway I had to dig old Jenna Jameson out of […]
- The Old Floating Banana ShotA little I’ll grant but it’s a well used trick in photography using layers and masks and while I had 5 mins to play I thought I’d give the B1 a blast, just one to the right slightly behind the camera on TTL, quite a neat trick really and definitely worth trying with different subjects […]
- Still No SnowHonestly can’t believe how mild it’s gone now, I cleaned the cars on Sunday in a T shirt and today’s dog walk I was just wearing a fleece, has spring sprung already? even the white flower things , snowdrops thats it, useless with plants are out in abundance. It’s ruining my commission shoot! Here’s another […]
- Come on Snow where are you?Isn’t it always the case! you get a commission for snow Christmas type woodland shots and the weather turns mild! was up and out early today to try and get the frost but the woodland was still muddy and misty not at all festive. Lets hope the next few weeks bring a cold spell and […]
- TPT SilkstoneHappy Friday all as part of a commission shoot for Christmas cards I ventured out earlier in the week to scout a few locations, one of which was the Trans Pennine Trail at Silkstone and although it was a thoroughly dismal day with deep mud and fog it was great to be out and about. […]
- Rhosneigr World In A CrystalBack to my trademark crystal ball, this time capturing the setting sun at Rhosneigr my spiritual home and where we have so many friends. Hopefully we’ll be there in a few weeks as my workshop season starts again there and in Snowdonia. Special price for 2016 too just £150 for a full day max 3 […]
- Preparation pfffff!Yup PREPARATION indeed, just shows how the pro’s screw up too. Up at 5 am out with the husky gang for a walk, lovely frosty morning, white over, perfect for my commission I thought, so back home kit is ready and waiting (good boy scout) so I just have to get ready drop Jo off […]
- Porth Y Post Sunset RocksAnd I do mean rock literally, Porth Y Post is just one of those place that keep pulling me back there time and again, not only because of the stunning coastline, secluded cove and generally gorgeous weather but to see a friendly seal that seems to wait for our visits, he/she pops their head up […]
- A Cool StartYay it’s Friday at last and I thought I’d kick off the weekend with a couple of frosty images from a walk last year, must get on top of my processing! Just off the main Woodhead Road is an area called Salter’s brook and I believe Lady Shaw, here you’ll find remnants of an old […]
- Apocalypse Completed
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Just started compiling shot from The Three Peaks and this one is from Ben Nevis, we did this climb covered in midges from the bottom to pretty near the top and although it was done in August 2010 I still have a black toe nail……..
If you look closely and large you can make out the ant like people about a quarter the way up from the bottom of the picture, gives you a perspective and scale of this most wonderful landscape, I must say out of the Three Peaks for me this has the most spectacular views and its a toss up to which is harder Ben Nevis or Scafell, Snowdon you could run up and have a beer at the top.
Finally got round to processing the shots from The Three Peaks I did this year, shot was taken mid way up Scafell Pike, quite a difficult climb especially as I was carrying 2st of camera gear with me, I learnt a valuable lesson as I took nothing like that up Ben Nevis. Going up is the easy part, coming down your toes press into the front of your boots and the old knees start to ache, still the views are well worth the hassle, plus its another off the old tick list.
If you would like to view this LARGE then please go to http://www.adrianashworth.co.uk/?page_id=495 and click on the thumbnail
Well we set off on a long Dearne walk on Saturday, as usual Stormy got covered in mud and god knows what else, the area was
completely flooded and as we tried to cross over our usual sunken wooden bridge Storm fell off and got her back legs stuck in the nud
panic ensued and Jo came to her rescue she went her knees in the icy water, while I held her and Stormy’s front end, luckily she came out with a loud pop and splash of water.
needless to say we were both soaked and poor Jo had to ring out her socks at the river bank. We all slept well Saturday night especially Stormy.
Back pout later today for more shots.
Have a bio and 8 shots to submit for a special on me for a Peak District magazine and to start my blog work for a prestigious website so I should get 1 million hits a month to my shots, cant do me any harm can it?
Wwwwhhheeeyyyy, its snowing again, just had a fantastic walk by the Dearne River with Stormy, snow heavily dropping into the river and surrounding forrest, truly a great place to be. Storm went off lead for a 1st and came to heel every time she was called back, what a little star she is, cant get over how clever and good she is without really been trained to any level, 7 months old, heels, sits, rolls over and paws on head not bad doing eh!
Turning to rain now…bbooohhhhooo
One again from a few weeks ago, the mist inversion cloaking the cement works at Hope, was a freezing cold day but the sun gave a warm glow to the bracken and dead heather.
Coast this weekend hopefully, in need of the sea, and Stormy needs a swim
Well all the festivities are well and truly over now, the raining has started and the days are going to drag on!
this shot is from a couple of weeks ago down by The Dearne River, love the way the ice was just broken enough to allow a reflection of the sun kissed trees, clear rich blue skies and the frost clinging to the trees, a perfect winter scene.
Off out later and tomorrow its off to the Peaks, been a while, need to get back in the swing of it, coast at the weekend all being well.